2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 2

Pollman15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JESSE
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Maybe I'm off base here but...this has been a hard week and my a$$hole side is coming out.

1 - No arguing, the process isn't great...there's very little information...but everyone knows this and it is what it is.
2 - People have waited a LOT longer than you.
3 - Is this you and your car - You said you placed your order in March? Let me break out by counters...4 months?
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...production-part-2.135031/page-48#post-2832258

If #3 is true and you're on here bitching about 7 months when it's only been 4, you can go fly a kite man. Maybe there's something I missed here?
My complaint is not the wait. Fine with that. I don’t have vin. Not guaranteed a build without. Do I wait? If I don’t get a vin, all that will be left are high markup gt500. If I cancel I can purchase one for same price. I actually ordered in Jan deal and every. Got a call early March saying they placed the order cause they need a deposit. I would done that day one if said they were going to require one.

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Interesting. I did not have to go through the transport mode deactivation process and my car was not prepped.
I did, however, remove the transport spacers, which was simple. Front wheels did not have to be removed but the rears did to gain access.

Rear spacers

7.jpg

6.jpg

Front Spacers

8a.jpg

shelbykr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2009 Shelby GT500KR 2008 Shelby GT-C
My complaint is not the wait. Fine with that. I don’t have vin. Not guaranteed a build without. Do I wait? If I don’t get a vin, all that will be left are high markup gt500. If I cancel I can purchase one for same price. I actually ordered in Jan deal and every. Got a call early March saying they placed the order cause they need a deposit. I would done that day one if said they were going to require one.
Kick the can and run.
I have seen the ship sail past my port many times as well.
The ship will stop one day.

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
FREE AT LAST !....Well Almost.
0837 was released by Ford today after 44 days in the Union Pacific Rail Yard. After the dealer's owner once again contacted the District Manager, Ford notified the dealer that they could arrange for the car to be picked up and transported to their facility to replace the rear Magne-Ride shocks which Ford finally figured out were not "in-the-field repairable".

My car was one of 41 that were held in rail yards under Stop Ship holds because of the shock spacer issue. Last week the remaining 21 cars were inspected; and at the start of this week 15 remained in the yards pending repairs. Today I learned that of the remaining 15 cars, mine was one of 10 that had not yet been released, so I contact the dealer and it finally happened.

The rear shocks for the CFTP cars appear to be in short supply, so Ford has advised the dealer to contact the "plant manager" if any shortages occur.

The dealer contacted Ford after the first week while on hold and offered to bring the car to their facility for inspection and repair...but no dice. It is unfortunate that it has taken this long to finally get the car released and out of "harm's way" in the rail yard. I am flying to CA to inspect the car when it arrives on Monday or Tuesday, to see just what it looks like following its "imprisonment." Thanks to all who tried to keep my spirits up throughout this ordeal. It's only taken 13 months from order to arrival at the dealer.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The CFTP hostge crisis is over!

I can't wait to see the so called reason for the holdup.

13 months.......
Let's see......

I'm still the record holder. What do I win?

Joking aside, I think this will work out OK for you. I wonder though.... what would have happened if you hadn't lit a fire under someone's ass?

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
The CFTP hostge crisis is over!

I can't wait to see the so called reason for the holdup.

13 months.......
Let's see......

I'm still the record holder. What do I win?

Joking aside, I think this will work out OK for you. I wonder though.... what would have happened if you hadn't lit a fire under someone's ass?
Hi Tom! You received your car? If so when did you get it and what are your thoughts?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hi Tom! You received your car? If so when did you get it and what are your thoughts?
No, its shipping now. My comments were pertaining to chief charlie who has had his stuck in a rail yard for 44 days due to the strut spacer shipping issue.

So I take it you made it to Japan and that is a recent photo in your avatar, LOL

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. I did not have to go through the transport mode deactivation process and my car was not prepped.
I did, however, remove the transport spacers, which was simple. Front wheels did not have to be removed but the rears did to gain access.

Rear spacers

7.jpg

6.jpg

Front Spacers

8a.jpg

The first thing my dealership does as it rolls off the truck is take it out of transport mode and the second thing is that it gets checked into a secure lot via a security guard.
I think yours was probably taken out of transport mode as normal ops. I also don't think they can release it to the customer in transport mode. I wish there was a way to re-activate it for when you have to drop it off for work, like Xpel, dealership, etc. Once its out of transport mode, there is no putting it back in. It offers many protections, rev limits, speed limits, the entertainment doesn't work, the doors don't lock, etc.

DPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
1968 Shelby GT350 Hertz,2017 Raptor,2017 Shelby GT350R,2017 Focus RS,2018 SHO,2015 Ferrari 458 Speciale
The first thing my dealership does as it rolls off the truck is take it out of transport mode and the second thing is that it gets checked into a secure lot via a security guard.
I think yours was probably taken out of transport mode as normal ops. I also don't think they can release it to the customer in transport mode. I wish there was a way to re-activate it for when you have to drop it off for work, like Xpel, dealership, etc. Once its out of transport mode, there is no putting it back in. It offers many protections, rev limits, speed limits, the entertainment doesn't work, the doors don't lock, etc.

So glad your hostage crisis is almost over. As to the above is there no valet mode in these which would do close to the same without the door feature?

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
No, its shipping now. My comments were pertaining to chief charlie who has had his stuck in a rail yard for 44 days due to the strut spacer shipping issue.

So I take it you made it to Japan and that is a recent photo in your avatar, LOL
Hi Again Tom,
I am glad you will receive your car soon. 44 days is a long time for a car to sit in the rail yard. I know you guys like the Far East Avatars so I will keep them up.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
So glad your hostage crisis is almost over. As to the above is there no valet mode in these which would do close to the same without the door feature?
Again, I was referring to chief charlie's 44 day stint in the CA rail yard.

No, Valet mode has a speed limit, but no rpm limit. A person can still have a hell of a time in valet mode. IMHO, valet mode is useless.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
FREE AT LAST !....Well Almost.
0837 was released by Ford today after 44 days in the Union Pacific Rail Yard. After the dealer's owner once again contacted the District Manager, Ford notified the dealer that they could arrange for the car to be picked up and transported to their facility to replace the rear Magne-Ride shocks which Ford finally figured out were not "in-the-field repairable".

My car was one of 41 that were held in rail yards under Stop Ship holds because of the shock spacer issue. Last week the remaining 21 cars were inspected; and at the start of this week 15 remained in the yards pending repairs. Today I learned that of the remaining 15 cars, mine was one of 10 that had not yet been released, so I contact the dealer and it finally happened.

The rear shocks for the CFTP cars appear to be in short supply, so Ford has advised the dealer to contact the "plant manager" if any shortages occur.

The dealer contacted Ford after the first week while on hold and offered to bring the car to their facility for inspection and repair...but no dice. It is unfortunate that it has taken this long to finally get the car released and out of "harm's way" in the rail yard. I am flying to CA to inspect the car when it arrives on Monday or Tuesday, to see just what it looks like following its "imprisonment." Thanks to all who tried to keep my spirits up throughout this ordeal. It's only taken 13 months from order to arrival at the dealer.
Congratulations and good luck!

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2013 Mustang GT
And HOLY million fasteners Batman.....I haven't put the front splitter on yet but man there is lots of screws.
splitter1.jpg
splitter2.jpg
ahhhhh memories my GT 500 built in early March but sat at Penske over 3 months so that could be some type of record ! Only took a couple of weeks after released from Penske for it to arrived near St. Louis for delivery that took place in June 17th! All is forgiven now. I’ll be taking a ride soon and all I can think about now is how awesome it is!

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
Tomster. Have you beat. Ordered 7/2/19. Build week 9/20. Should have it by mid October =15 months. I believe there are roughly 600 Vins to be issued