2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 2

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Hi Earl,
Thanks for the information and the picture. My car has been set as passing arrival for three days and was last tracked and Enid Oklahoma. The car needs to go to Oklahoma City which is between 80 and 100 miles away. It makes me think that the car is sitting in a rail car that needs to be switched to another train for the last leg to OKC. The problem is I am running out of time. One day to OKC, one day for convoy if I am lucky and one day for dealer pep and delivery leaves me two days of fluff before I am out of time. :(

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Hi Earl,
Thanks for the information and the picture. My car has been set as passing arrival for three days and was last tracked and Enid Oklahoma. The car needs to go to Oklahoma City which is between 80 and 100 miles away. It makes me think that the car is sitting in a rail car that needs to be switched to another train for the last leg to OKC. The problem is I am running out of time. One day to OKC, one day for convoy if I am lucky and one day for dealer pep and delivery leaves me two days of fluff before I am out of time. :(
Here is what looks like a switching railyard in Enid, OK

Enid, OK Switch Yard.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Did anyone notice chuckxx received his car ok?

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Did anyone notice chuckxx received his car ok?
Yes I noticed it and congratulated him. It was a long wait but I am sure it was worth it for him.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
@Tomster you need to come back and visit sometime soon. You just might want to wait till it cools off first.
Yes, the people of OK are the salt of the earth. My dad came out to visit on what they call "red carpet day". That is when they pull out all the stops and welcome the families and familiarize them with what we have been doing over the last year.

So, my dad landed in OK city airport, proceeded to get lost, and was helped by caring people who took the time to help. He/we were from the northeast and there is a standing joke....
A guy walks up to another guy on the street of NYC and asks "excuse me sir, can you tell me what time it is or should I just go F myself".

So yes, a little bit of decent people and the times in OK are missed.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
Hi Tom,
I am glad to hear that Oklahoma is nice and the people are friendly. This will be my first experience with both. I have booked my flight and am going out to OKC Sunday night. I’ll be at the dealership to pay for the car and sign the documents for it whether it is there or not since I am out of time. If it is there I will have to drive it back to CA since I am so short on time. If not there on Monday I will just pay for it and hire an enclosed carrier to take it to my place and have a relative entomb it with my GT350 until I return. :(

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Hi Tom,
I am glad to hear that Oklahoma is nice and the people are friendly. This will be my first experience with both. I have booked my flight and am going out to OKC Sunday night. I’ll be at the dealership to pay for the car and sign the documents for it whether it is there or not since I am out of time. If it is there I will have to drive it back to CA since I am so short on time. If not there on Monday I will just pay for it and hire an enclosed carrier to take it to my place and have a relative entomb it with my GT350 until I return. :(
Be sure to put a battery tender on it. If you read chuck's story, he asked the dealer to get his car out of the rail yard asap and they did so, immediately after it was unloaded.

So don't give up hope, but you need to be proactive to get that part of it done. It isn't going to happen by itself.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
Be sure to put a battery tender on it. If you read chuck's story, he asked the dealer to get his car out of the rail yard asap and they did so, immediately after it was unloaded.

So don't give up hope, but you need to be proactive to get that part of it done. It isn't going to happen by itself.
Thanks Tom. I will follow your advice. I will reach out to the dealership again this morning.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
The car is moving again. Hopefully there is nothing to stop the car between Enid OK and OKC.
B50D672C-CFCD-4C45-B389-C73A14E5216D.jpeg

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL
Yes, I am using the JLT Rock blockers, but I am more referring to the Rockblokz GT350 front flaps that I converted to fit our cars.

EDIT:

Here is the post from my build thread

Agreed. I ordered the RockBlokz and all the necessary items following your post. Once my car gets back from PPF / ceramic those will be going right on.

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL
The car is moving again. Hopefully there is nothing to stop the car between Enid OK and OKC.
B50D672C-CFCD-4C45-B389-C73A14E5216D.jpeg
Hope it reaches its destination for you ASAP!!!! Those last few miles on the train can be painfully slow to watch. I think it took the train 3 days to cover the last < 100 mile leg of its journey for me here in the Bay Area.