2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 2

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Regardless of how long it takes it will be worth it. You ordered a top of the line CFTP Shelby GT500 with POTTS and painted roof. You will have a rare car to add to your awesome collection of cars. I ordered on the first day the order banks open, had a Golden Ticket swiped from me, lost a second allocation and now have waited a year for the third allocation I worked a deal on. It is ok because it is worth it. There is a difference between a car buyer and a car enthusiast. The people here are enthusiasts who go the extra mile to get the car they want. I am sure you will enjoy your GT500 for years to come and will quickly forget the pain in the ass it took to get it. I am sure KB can tell us so from his experience.
Yes, I recall the story as it transpired. I recall giving you advice to grab the CFTP that was clean.

As for KB, he got his in the first round, just as my Ford rep promised my dealership that mine would be in the first round as well. They pulled my order in August of last year and there it sat, for no reason. The timing of this complicates things a bit because I worked out my trade based upon an expected ETA of the car. Something tells me there are going to be challenges ahead. I'm glad I know a lot of lawyers (I'm married to one as well)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yep, I"m also over a year. It's been a crazy ride!! Think about how much everything has changed since we placed our order.. We are getting closer! (I hope)
I think I hold the record for unscheduled clean status.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Yes, I recall the story as it transpired. I recall giving you advice to grab the CFTP that was clean.

As for KB, he got his in the first round, just as my Ford rep promised my dealership that mine would be in the first round as well. They pulled my order in August of last year and there it sat, for no reason. The timing of this complicates things a bit because I worked out my trade based upon an expected ETA of the car. Something tells me there are going to be challenges ahead. I'm glad I know a lot of lawyers (I'm married to one as well)
What challenges ahead are you expecting? I hope everything works out well for you.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
What challenges ahead are you expecting? I hope everything works out well for you.
Long story short, my dealer threw away my deal jacket that contained everything.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a copy or pics? Probably not, but I hope so.
Its not a crisis yet, but did I mention I married a lawyer?

Edited to add:
I have an email for the price of the car. Texts for the trade value.

Had for built the car when they promised they would, this would not be an issue

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP

Edited to add:

Sounds like you are in a strong position. Wish you luck.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.

Edited to add:

I hope they are an honorable dealership and they keep the deal. If not sue the crap out of them. A deal is a deal and they should definitely be held accountable for it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I hope they are an honorable dealership and they keep the deal. If not sue the crap out of them. A deal is a deal and they should definitely be held accountable for it.
Thanks

Did I mention Im going to Japan?

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
Thanks

Did I mention Im going to Japan?
Yes if you tell them that your car will instantly go from released to body company to shipped by rail. It is not so much the going to Japan part as much as who you are going to Japan and work for. Wink....Wink.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Yes if you tell them that your car will instantly go from released to body company to shipped by rail. It is not so much the going to Japan part as much as who you are going to Japan and work for. Wink....Wink.
So you work for ford?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I am sure KB can tell us so from his experience.
You are correct, D. As is the case with most unhappy things, they fade sooner in memory.

However, hanging out here makes my heart break for those having production issues behind me...like someone you know. :-)

They'll all come down the pike eventually and once in the owners' hands, the frowns turn upside down.