Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
But what is the name of the "metal prep" you refer to, Tob?

Never mind, I found it and, ordered some, thank you.

This will give me something do to besides pull weeds and mow the lawn. :-)
Sponsored

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2013 Mustang GT
Since Sir Earl is busy with Part 2, I figured this was a good thread to use.

Test fit the car cover for the first time last night and I am quite impressed with it. Like my last OEM cover, this one is also indoor-only but it's made from a very stretchy polyester throughout unlike the other which only had elastic on the edge. It also has a felt inner lining which is nice. You can't see it in the image but the cover has "SHELBY" in white across the windshield and "GT-500" across the tail.

I took it off this morning as I plan to drive the car shortly but grabbed a photo before I did.

However comma, it's quite the chore to get it back IN the bag, believe me. :-)

car-cover_1920.jpg
Is this the black one? Do you have box it came in with all part number info? I need to get exact cover for regular spoiler not CFTP. I sure would appreciate a photo of all different part, sku whatever so dealer gets it right. Thanks as always. Still hard to get it on off?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Sorry Stephen, but the box is long gone. However, I'm sure one of the folks here will have it.

But as I mentioned in the other thread, to my knowledge, there's nothing to be screwed up by the dealer as it's just a check in the car cover box or not. I also don't THINK (but don't KNOW) that the covers are different for Base and Snack Packs. That said, not a single person here that I'm aware of has ever mentioned two different covers but I've certainly been wrong before. :-)

It's VERY "stretchy" material unlike previous, unstretchable versions. So, it goes over the wing easily but would shrink fine for the Base spoiler.

Sponsored

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2013 Mustang GT
The snack pack is an outdoor cover could also be indoor but bigger due to wing as I call it not standard spoiler. I can find it in blue, indoor, fitted all that but not black. Wonder if Ford holds these back to supply ordered cars. Bottom line while what I want is in blue with white Shelby and cobra graphics, same doesn’t exist for standard spoiler. I assume I could get the larger size and alter it in someway. Hopefully someone out there got a black indoor cover with standard spoiler with the parts number. I will next check the accessory catalog and order form which migh have the sku parts number if I can locate those original written configuration sheets.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Stephen: Like everything else during this mess, all bets are off on availability. But @Jmeo got a FPB vehicle with the blue cover and his is a Base. Maybe they are different, I dunno, it's not a topic that I remember ever being discussed, honestly.

Edit: Went back and checked my sticker for the price of the cover. Mine says $395 but I don't know if the Base vehicles show the same charge.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
The snack pack is an outdoor cover could also be indoor but bigger due to wing as I call it not standard spoiler. I can find it in blue, indoor, fitted all that but not black. Wonder if Ford holds these back to supply ordered cars. Bottom line while what I want is in blue with white Shelby and cobra graphics, same doesn’t exist for standard spoiler. I assume I could get the larger size and alter it in someway. Hopefully someone out there got a black indoor cover with standard spoiler with the parts number. I will next check the accessory catalog and order form which migh have the sku parts number if I can locate those original written configuration sheets.
I posted in the other thread, but here is a link to one on eBay. Also, I think its a little cheaper than what we got them for if ordered at the same time as the car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-Shelb...021577&hash=item445064a7c5:g:hOEAAOSwG5Zemfvc

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-Shelb...946653&hash=item56d2134dff:g:W6gAAOSwq4Vemfvb

The seller of the black one states "does not fit CFTP car" so you will need to investigate further.

Blue Oval Industry is selling the blue one listed, and it says they do fit the CFTP, so they must be model specific. Call Blue Oval Industry and buy one over the phone for your car, in the color you want. Then report back if they are indeed different covers.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Good work, Jaime and apparently they ARE different.

Does yours have a separate section for the spoiler? Mine seems to be sewn along the dimensions of the wing so perhaps that's the difference. I just figured it stretched over either, probably like you did.

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Here’s the labels that are on the box from my cover. Its a Base model with a black cover:
967797EA-6231-44BE-BA97-FE105D4539A4.jpeg
4B5E1E87-A433-4A39-9B66-AC8AED749E2D.jpeg

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Occupied with another project, 16..but I thought most liked the current one so thought I'd leave her up for awhile. :-)
I'm good with whatever you put up there. I love every avatar you post.
Sponsored