2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Earl: I used George's directions to contact CSX after getting the rail car number off a current VVR.

The phone routine went smoothly and it worked as advertised EXCEPT...

It said that car number was in Miraloma, CA...empty...and "released by the customer."

As I recall, George had a similar experience so any inside scoop you may have would be appreciated.
KB, the CSX Automated Tracking System continues to tell me my assigned Rail Car is "Empty - Released by Customer - In Flat Rock - January 21st". Yet todays VVR states that it the Rail Car "Arrived At Junction Point (Canadian National Railways) - Gibson, IN - Jan 25, 2020 0500 ET". Clearly the CSX Automated System has not yet caught up. Also I am thinking this is the hand-off location to Union Pacific who will continue forward to the Pacific Northwest.

Still patiently waiting,
RR

CSX2.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Ron, the hand over to Union Pacific was in Argo, IL with my 13. Which was the next entry on my VVR after Gibson, IN.

Arrived at Junction Point (Canadian National Railways) ,Gibson, IN Jan-19-2013, 07:33 EST

Received at Junction Point (Union Pacific Railroad), Argo, IL Jan-20-2013, 23:35 CST

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Earl: I have given up on the CSX tracking. Obviously something isn't right as all I get is "Empty" and "Released by Customer" in Miraloma, CA.

She'll get here when she's ready and I'll just wait for a call.

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
I feel your pain, KB. The Ford Vehicle Order Tracking has now reverted me back to "Released - Awaiting Shipment", CSX has done me no favors and only a VVR has shown any love.

Back to patiently waiting,
RR

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Earl: I have given up on the CSX tracking. Obviously something isn't right as all I get is "Empty" and "Released by Customer" in Miraloma, CA.

She'll get here when she's ready and I'll just wait for a call.
KB, your wait is almost over my friend. The phone call will come soon, and it's nice to be at the point in this process that all your waiting for is a phone call :like: It's been a Llllllllllllooooong time coming brother!

I feel your pain, KB. The Ford Vehicle Order Tracking has now reverted me back to "Released - Awaiting Shipment", CSX has done me no favors and only a VVR has shown any love.

Back to patiently waiting,
RR
Ron, I forget where in the process you are (I think supposedly on a railcar) but your wait is almost over as well my friend :rockon:

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I feel your pain, KB. The Ford Vehicle Order Tracking has now reverted me back to "Released - Awaiting Shipment",
Ron: My data dump blinked back to that as well for an hour or so this morning, then back to Shipped Rail: In Transit so yours may switch back as well. Obviously, both cars are "on the rail" and headed home.

It's been a Llllllllllllooooong time coming brother!
Yes, it has, Jaime, but not nearly as long as it will be for many forum members and I feel their pain along with my own excitement. I'd never tracked a new order until this one and the experience has been both rewarding, enjoyable, and of course, frustrating. But as you said, it's almost over. :-)

Thanks, man...

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Adjustable strut mounts/Handling package:

Not to fan the flames too much, but I wanted to follow up on this thread a bit. My dealer's part guy shipped me what he thought might be the adjustable strut mount package for my car, but after receiving yesterday, I'm not sure it's correct. I think Earl had indicated the correct part number should be KR3Z-3D008A but as you can see from the picture the one I was shipped is KR3J 3D122 AA and it looks to have been ordered/shipped to the dealership back in June 2019 well before I had ordered my ride. I think I had seen in a posted picture in this forum that someone else had been given this same part number (3D122 AA) by their dealer for their handling package? Just wondering what's correct. The mystery deepens possibly.
Strut kit.JPG
The part number on the label may be an internal P/N used by Ford. The VIN is for a 2019 GT350R. So someone with a 19 GT350R is missing a part. I just goes to show you the level of communications between sales and parts.
Maddog, Earl is right. Your dealer gave you somebody elses plates.

Sponsored

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Ron: FWIW, my data dump, vehicle order tracking, and trackmymustang all just jumped back to Released: AS. I sure wouldn't want to be the VP of IT at Ford (or CSX for that matter.)
Baawaawaa!!! :crackup::crackup::crackup:

On another note, love the new Avatar. :like:

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Earl, here are the part numbers of the box contents.
The numbers look to be the same as @The Chairman posted a day or so ago.
Thanks too both of you for taking the time to take the pictures and post them.
Earl

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Morning, Sir Earl. <smile>

The TrackMyMustang site seems to remain the most up to date in my case anyway. It just changed to "Received At Junction Point" and I am presuming that's the changeover location for UP. Might you agree?

I'm going to ring Noah up this morning and get on the texting list. :-)

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Morning, Sir Earl. <smile>

The TrackMyMustang site seems to remain the most up to date in my case anyway. It just changed to "Received At Junction Point" and I am presuming that's the changeover location for UP. Might you agree?

I'm going to ring Noah up this morning and get on the texting list. :-)
That would be my guess.