2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1

maddogdday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach I, 2020 GT500, 2021 Edge
You only need to install these if you are going to track your car (not necessary for drag racing).
After they are installed, you will also need to do an alignment. Whatever alignment you go with, you will have to change the toe each time you change the camber at a later date.
So they are not really plug & play to just move camber around for giggles. Each time you change the camber on a Mustang, the toe will have to be reset.
You can install them, and never adjust again. But be cautioned that you canā€™t simply change the camber for fun.
My plan it to install lowering springs when they come available (like those on the CFTP or whatever FP comes up with). Its a lot of work to install these plates and changing the springs at the same time makes sense.
@The Chairman,

Thank you for that excellent explanation. That is exactly the description I was looking for and confirms my suspicion that this is not something you take lightly when installing. I do intend to track the car occasionally (once per year) so will need to consider whether I really need to do this to tweak out the ultimate track time or whether I can get by with standard setup and trust my driving skill, not pushing it to the limit of course.
Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
@The Chairman,

Thank you for that excellent explanation. That is exactly the description I was looking for and confirms my suspicion that this is not something you take lightly when installing. I do intend to track the car occasionally (once per year) so will need to consider whether I really need to do this to tweak out the ultimate track time or whether I can get by with standard setup and trust my driving skill, not pushing it to the limit of course.
If you might want to change camber in the future, go ahead and have the dealer install them if they do it for free. Its interesting that those Handling Package items say for ā€œInstallation Post Sale.ā€ Some dealers say this means you have to pay for it. But I hear that members on this site have had theirā€™s installed for free. If thatā€™s your situation, do it now so they are available for your use at a later date. My dealer left all the Handling Package stuff in the trunk and said ā€œHave a nice day.ā€

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
The list of undelivereds in Batch 1 is getting shorter and shorter, Earl with only 6 of 60 remaining.

I sure would like to be RED. :-)
We are now down to 5 of 60 that haven't been delivered. 55 down, 5 to go. :clap:

Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
@The Chairman,

For once or twice a year, most people do not need them. But, as you improve your track skills, you will want to have track alignment.

When I purchased my 2016 GT350, I said 3-4 times a year. The bug got me and I want to go more often. The money for tires and brakes typically holds me back.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
If you might want to change camber in the future, go ahead and have the dealer install them if they do it for free. Its interesting that those Handling Package items say for ā€œInstallation Post Sale.ā€ Some dealers say this means you have to pay for it. But I hear that members on this site have had theirā€™s installed for free. If thatā€™s your situation, do it now so they are available for your use at a later date. My dealer left all the Handling Package stuff in the trunk and said ā€œHave a nice day.ā€
My GT350R was purchased in Atlanta and I live in Central Fl. My dealer shipped me the plates as they forgot to put in the car.

Took car to my local dealer and had them installed. My local dealer tried to charge me for the install. When I said they came with the car, they said the selling dealer gets paid to install not them.

So, I got on the phone and called the selling dealer and they made arrangements to pay for the work and all is good.

My 0.02 cents of advice, if going out of the selling dealer area, make sure to have the conversation of installing the plates. It was a week of aggravation on the phone.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
The list of undelivereds in Batch 1 is getting shorter and shorter, Earl with only 6 of 60 remaining.

I sure would like to be RED. :-)
Hi KB,
Did you ever find out what delayed your car? Do you think it was because of the holidays or the cold weather issue?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Hey, D.

Well first it was the fuel tank thing for the October-produced cars, that took about a month as I recall. It finally got to Penske and was there two friggin' weeks.

Finally, it's Released: Awaiting Shipment and that hasn't changed in over two weeks.

What do I think? Tom probably thinks I'm nuts but I'm stuck on the tires and outside air temperatures. Bases are shipping, Cup 2 Snack Packs are not. The good news is, Flat Rock is about to have a decent "warm spell" where the high is forecast to be near forty. I have this feeling that they're waiting for that before they ship like maniacs to get 'em all out.

I've been told by a reliable source on the forum that Ford says all early production cars will be DELIVERED in three weeks or less and that statement was made some days ago.; The source went on to say that they are so behind on data processing that neither of the tracking sites should be treated as gospel.

You know I read that and then I realized how accurate Earl has been up to this point so I'm vacillating between the two eye deers. Obviously, it she shows up tomorrow, I'll be tickled pink and I know Earl won't mind. <BIG grin>

Thanks for asking tho, amigo. I don't mind being dead last on delivery as long as it doesn't mean a 2020 Christmas present. :-)

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Status Update:

Congratulations Timmer :dance::dance::dance::dance:

@Tim_bits - Arrived Rail

Next step is received by trucking company for delivery to your dealer.
This may have already happened.

tenor.gif
tenor.gif

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
EXCELLENT NEWS Earl and Tim! And if she isn't there yet, I hope it's sooner than you think.
Even the most current tracking website can still reflect yesterdays news.

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
Iā€™m working in the small town I ordered it from tomorrow so Iā€™ll see if a road salt crusted GT500 is being unloaded.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
Iā€™m working in the small town I ordered it from tomorrow so Iā€™ll see if a road salt crusted GT500 is being unloaded.
You and me both Tim. Iā€™m picking mine up on Friday hopefully in 35 degrees and taking it to the PPF and Ceramic Pro shop immediately for a drop off.

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
Iā€™m trying to arrange enclosed shipping from the dealer to my garage since the roads up here are terrible right now. We have a warm spell coming but I work a week of 12 hour shifts during that time.
Sponsored