Sponsored

2020 GT500 Will Be Revealed on Jan 14, 2019! Sneak Peek of Supercharged 5.2-Liter Predator Engine

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I am 33 years old and I just decided to enlist in the Army as infantry. I have been waiting 4 years for this new GT500. I ship to OSUT at Ft Benning on 12/31/18 and will be in boot camp and infantry school for 3+ months. I am going to miss the reveal of this car I have waited so long for
Congrats on the decision. There will be plenty more car reveals to come.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I'm hoping this car gets high compression like 12:1, and is flex fuel. With an ethanol sensor, no inferred logic. Pump gas HP rating in the low 700's, pump in E85 and gain 100hp and be in the 800's. Ford is more than capable of doing it.
Emissions would be easier to pass, More HP on a cheap "race fuel", It would be very similar to what Koenigsegg does.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I'm hoping this car gets high compression like 12:1, and is flex fuel. With an ethanol sensor, no inferred logic. Pump gas HP rating in the low 700's, pump in E85 and gain 100hp and be in the 800's. Ford is more than capable of doing it.
Emissions would be easier to pass, More HP on a cheap "race fuel", It would be very similar to what Koenigsegg does.
Capable? Yes. Happening? No.

They’re actually using old technology for this flagship. You won’t see direct injection, and CR will be 10:1 MAX. Likely 9-9.5.

I wrote earlier it’ll be a mash up of parts including:

Gen three coyote block (at 94mm bore), with the voodoo heads. It’ll be port injection with a big blower.

It’ll be reliable with good power output. Don’t expect anything ground breaking in the engine dept.

I’m looking at suspension, and of course the rumoured DCT to pull this beast apart from the crowd.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Don’t expect anything ground breaking in the engine dept.
The same people working on the new GT are working on the GT500, They put a twin turbo v6 in the place of a v8. It is a pretty ground breaking V6. I'm not expecting 185hp / liter from the 5.2.

A Whipple stage 2 is some where around 165/liter, That's about what I expect from Ford. any less will be very disappointing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
The same people working on the new GT are working on the GT500, They put a twin turbo v6 in the place of a v8. It is a pretty ground breaking V6. I'm not expecting 185hp / liter from the 5.2.

A Whipple stage 2 is some where around 165/liter, That's about what I expect from Ford. any less will be very disappointing.
Yeah I get what you’re saying. The V6 has a lot of specific output.

I’m afraid you’ll be dissapointed based on rumours for your power figure.

Remember, a whipple makes that HP with a high CR engine, albeit with slightly less displacement.

Ford had every opertunity to create something special in the engine dept, but they’re falling short in my eyes. They shocked the world with the voodoo, so I didn’t expect anything crazy, but a turbo setup should have happened. It’ll all must have came down to this:

Turbo packaging and cost with other parts being lower cost (simple magride, basic chassis and a 10sp).

Instead they opted for a cheaper power plant with potentially magic suspension and a DCT. We will find out shortly.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Powdered pump gears or not? Can't wait to see how this plays out.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Yeah I get what you’re saying. The V6 has a lot of specific output.

I’m afraid you’ll be dissapointed based on rumours for your power figure.

Remember, a whipple makes that HP with a high CR engine, albeit with slightly less displacement.

Ford had every opertunity to create something special in the engine dept, but they’re falling short in my eyes. They shocked the world with the voodoo, so I didn’t expect anything crazy, but a turbo setup should have happened. It’ll all must have came down to this:

Turbo packaging and cost with other parts being lower cost (simple magride, basic chassis and a 10sp).

Instead they opted for a cheaper power plant with potentially magic suspension and a DCT. We will find out shortly.
They couldnt use the voodoo,because of all of the motor issues .Thats what took the GT500 so long.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Saw this posted elsewhere
tapatalk_1543791104350.jpeg

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
They couldnt use the voodoo,because of all of the motor issues .Thats what took the GT500 so long.
That’s not true. They were never going to use the voodoo in its pure form ever. They said so.

The 500s top end is pure voodoo, with cams that are designed to fire in the coyote CPC order. Just like the aluminator.

So no, I don’t buy what you’re saying.

Sponsored

Snakedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
We finally get to see the 20 GT500. Let the Epic ADM’s begin.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That’s not true. They were never going to use the voodoo in its pure form ever. They said so.

The 500s top end is pure voodoo, with cams that are designed to fire in the coyote CPC order. Just like the aluminator.

Darkane is correct.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Another Ford fantasy car for those with good dealer friendships or endless cash on hand..

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
It would seem that Tremec (and anyone else in the corporate chain that knows) has reason to be extremely tight lipped. News on DCT development and production at the new Wixom plant has been nonexistent, understandable what with potential Corvette and GT500 DCT's coming down the pike. Sooner or later the dam will burst and my only hope is that we learn the real story behind what drove Ford to make some of the choices they did with this car.
Ya, I'm really curious if they are going with the DCT or not. They had to invest some R&D somewhere beyond that engine, and I believe they'll use much of the GT350 as the base. So I'm very curious where all the time and testing went. I feel there has to be something beyond the basics we know.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500

it doesnt matter what you buy,my response was to what someone else had said,and there are issues with the voodoo motor.the CPC 5.2 will be used,thats known already.
Sponsored