Sponsored

2020 GT500 Will Be Revealed on Jan 14, 2019! Sneak Peek of Supercharged 5.2-Liter Predator Engine

OP
OP
MikeMM

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
I think it's more likely that @MaskedRacerX is correct on this one. Ford is just saying "our Mustang will have more HP than the top Camaro", but in a slightly more subtle way.
I certainly hope so. I hope Ford lets loose a 700+hp car that absolutely thrashes it's competition and then some, straight out the box and at a reasonable price. However, I also know we live in a pay to play kind of world. You advertise the top and then once people are interested, you drop the up-sell hammer on them. Example: You want the most powerful GTR (or any other multi tiered car model) from the factory; pay the price for the NISMO. I'm not saying my theory is definitely right by any means, I'm just saying it's not totally out of the realm of realism and possibility. Ultimately, I hope you and @MaskedRacerX are correct, and this is just a subtle stab at Chevy and Dodge.
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I really hope Ford Performance have created different progressive tune strategies for GT500 driving modes. For instance in sport mode on a street tire the power ramps up as you accelerate so you don't blow the tires off the car and just spin. Then say in drag mode with slicks you get it all. Really focusing on making the power usable in different situations.

It's happening now with some 1000+ HP builds in the aftermarket but would be awesome to see it adapted by an OEM.

Last edited:

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Wow they spelled available wrong.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A

Sponsored

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
It would be dissappointing if it was "over 650hp" and "under 700". Maybe "705hp"?

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
thing is going to be nasty might have to trade the 350

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
Agreed about January 14th being a historic day for the GT500.

I would also suggest that with Ford's long standing relationship with Craig Jackson and Steve Davis that various Ford executives will be flying into Scottsdale shortly after the official unveiling of the 2020 GT500 in Detroit and will possibly unveil this same car in Scottsdale later on in the week.

In addition it will be interesting to see what Ford and BJ come up with for a charity car later on that week and who knows if it would be the rights to purchase the Number One car.

Only speculation on my part but would suggest that may be a special week in Scottsdale for us Mustang enthusiasts!

:sunglasses:
Steve Davis lives across the street from me lol

Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
I am 33 years old and I just decided to enlist in the Army as infantry. I have been waiting 4 years for this new GT500. I ship to OSUT at Ft Benning on 12/31/18 and will be in boot camp and infantry school for 3+ months. I am going to miss the reveal of this car I have waited so long for
That's a bummer. I didn't miss much when I went to basic and AIT 21 years ago. I did miss a bit on deployments though.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I really hope Ford Performance have created different progressive tune strategies for GT500 driving modes. For instance in sport mode on a street tire the power ramps up as you accelerate so you don't blow the tires off the car and just spin. Then say in drag mode with slicks you get it all. Really focusing on making the power usable in different situations.

It's happening now with some 1000+ HP builds in the aftermarket but would be awesome to see it adapted by an OEM.
I would love to see them put more engineering into these cars (specifically American ones) to make the power more useable. I’ll admit it my Z06 in less favorable conditions has so much unusable power, can be frustrating. Any word on the DCT? Is that dream over for the GT500?