Sponsored

2020 GT500 Will Be Revealed on Jan 14, 2019! Sneak Peek of Supercharged 5.2-Liter Predator Engine

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Notice the width of the finished product is wider by a good margin.
I dunno, You're only seeing the front half of it, the back half disappears under the strut tower brace.

I'm surprised how different the latest SC looks from the last one we saw. The name plate is shifted, no cast cobra, ribbing is different, and the blow off valve at the front (is that what it is?) looks different also. Still has that weird peace sign rib on top north of the snake.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Notice the width of the finished product is wider by a good margin.
I think the width is the same. Perspective can play tricks. Look closely at the margins on each side. If I lay the leaked photo back a little by altering the perspective you get a better sense for comparison...

zzz%20shelby_gt500_engine_logo_leak_1%20SKEWED-L.jpg

Trappen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium
I think the width is the same. Perspective can play tricks. Look closely at the margins on each side. If I lay the leaked photo back a little by altering the perspective you get a better sense for comparison...

zzz%20shelby_gt500_engine_logo_leak_1%20SKEWED-L.jpg
I understand perspective, I am looking more at the plenium around the bolt heads in comparison... The finished model has casted spaces for the bolts vs the leaked picture. Leading me to believe it is wider.
InkedZZZZ GT500 Blower Plenum Comparison-X3_LI.jpg

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Here is the R2650 from the Eaton website
eaton-tvs-2650-assembly~2.png

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I see minor variations but the same width plenum wise. Manifold bolt centerlines can't change nor can the intake ports in terms of proximity.

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I dunno, You're only seeing the front half of it, the back half disappears under the strut tower brace.

I'm surprised how different the latest SC looks from the last one we saw. The name plate is shifted, no cast cobra, ribbing is different, and the blow off valve at the front (is that what it is?) looks different also. Still has that weird peace sign rib on top north of the snake.
Production vs prototype tools. Also final styling surfaces are released after prototypes are kicked off

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Prefer the cast snake as well.
With as many Snakes that are going to be plastered all over the car, shoulda called it a cobra.
There will lots of debadging work to be done on this one.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
This is just flat good news. January 14, 2019 will be a historic day for the GT500.

Sponsored

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang

Thats the cooling intelt

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Now that's much better looking than that rough, ugly cast snake. I would have been very surprised if Ford had gone forward with the cast version. Amateur hour.

OP
OP
MikeMM

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
They'll still be allocated as with '18 and '19 GT350's. You won't be able to just go into a dealership and get one. So "official" production run, even in quotes is senseless. This is no different than previous GT500's as well. Sometimes they were up, sometimes down as well.
No disrespect, but I think you kinda missed the premise I was getting at. The GT350 was unveiled in 2015, and they had an extremely limited production run of less than 200 units (if I remember correctly) that went to shows, Ford execs, Ford performance, some aftermarket companies, charity auctions, and a few others that Ford deemed worthy. Those cars are nearly impossible to find and you can't touch one for less than 150K. The "official" production run started with the 2016 year model and that's what hit showroom floors that year for the general public. My conjecture is that they may have a limited run 2019 year model production run to get the cars out there sooner than the projected availability of fall 2019; like they did with the GT350. If they do, having the full specs may come sooner than we initially anticipated.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'd be suprised if that strut brace is made out of cast aluminum, because it is brittle. Forged aluminum, is my guess, could possibly be the carbon composit, but it would probably have to be more beefy than what I can see in the pic.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
No disrespect, but I think you kinda missed the premise I was getting at. The GT350 was unveiled in 2015, and they had an extremely limited production run of less than 200 units (if I remember correctly) that went to shows, Ford execs, Ford performance, some aftermarket companies, charity auctions, and a few others that Ford deemed worthy. Those cars are nearly impossible to find and you can't touch one for less than 150K. The "official" production run started with the 2016 year model and that's what hit showroom floors that year for the general public. My conjecture is that they may have a limited run 2019 year model production run to get the cars out there sooner than the projected availability of fall 2019; like they did with the GT350. If they do, having the full specs may come sooner than we initially anticipated.
That's not accurate either. The 137 '15 GT350 cars just had a year number on them. Several '16 cars came even before some '15 cars. The '15 and '16 order banks were opened at the same time.
Sponsored