EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
http://fordauthority.com/2019/06/2020-mustang-shelby-gt500-vs-competition/

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 11.03.18 AM.jpg

With 760 horsepower, the 2020 Mustang Shelby GT500 is the most powerful vehicle here, making 5 horsepower more than the second-most powerful Corvette ZR1 and 43 horses more than the third-place Challenger Hellcat. However, the Shelby GT500’s 625 pound-feet of torque trails each of its most direct rivals, making 90 pound-feet less than the Corvette ZR1, 31 pound feet less than the Challenger Hellcat and 25 pound-feet less than the Camaro ZL1. Either way, Ford can now lay claim to the fact that it has the most powerful production car in its class, a segment in which spec sheet bragging right are just as important as the performance. Speaking of performance…

ord-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-with-Carbon-Fiber-Track-Package-Ruby-Red-Exterior-001-front-end-720x480.jpg
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
You can add the Porsche GT3 and AMG GT R to the list as those are cars Ford actually benchmarked during GT500 development.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The biggest and most awaited battle will be a one on one with the ZL1 1LE. I can't wait to see Pobst flog both on the same day.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
You can add the Porsche GT3 and AMG GT R to the list as those are cars Ford actually benchmarked during GT500 development.
Its weird how they bench marked these cars but going by the rumors, this GT500 will be the heaviest of all previous GT500s. I hope it isnt true.

I wonder what Ford added to this car that it is that much heavier than the ZL1.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
I thought the starting price was set at $78K. I heard a Ford Rep, said "$78,000".

But the most important number for real use is the TQ curve between 2500 - 4000. That's the lowend TQ that moves the car forward. 760 at 8000 means nothing when it comes to getting started.

Sponsored

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
I agree. But they should replace the ZR1 with Z06, as Z06 is more relevant in power and price.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I thought the starting price was set at $78K. I heard a Ford Rep, said "$78,000".

But the most important number for real use is the TQ curve between 2500 - 4000. That's the lowend TQ that moves the car forward. 760 at 8000 means nothing when it comes to getting started.
Completely and absolutely incorrect.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I find it interesting how the German, Italian, British and Japanese manufacturers build HP cars that come with a forced air induction set up whereby they resort to a twin turbo induction system and have for numerous years now versus American built HP cars mostly resort to a supercharged induction system aside from the twin turbo V6 engine that powers the second generation Ford GT's.

I am not a big fan of TT V6 engines as in the Ford GT or say the GT-R or even the new Supra but am a big fan of V8's and the aural sound and performance that they bring with it therefore I am hoping that America will finally turn the corner with respect to supercharged V8 engines and will start gravitating towards small block TT V8 engines such as much of Europe and Britain has done.

Hopefully the days of the American built supercharged V8 engines will soon be over and that we will soon see some TT V8 engines installed in some American built HP automobiles.

:sunglasses:

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
The Biggest Showdown will be with a "Stock Demon"!
This has been years in the making.......
Camaro is almost slated to die soon.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I find it interesting how the German, Italian, British and Japanese manufacturers build HP cars that come with a forced air induction set up whereby they resort to a twin turbo induction system and have for numerous years now versus American built HP cars mostly resort to a supercharged induction system aside from the twin turbo V6 engine that powers the second generation Ford GT's.

I am not a big fan of TT V6 engines as in the Ford GT or say the GT-R or even the new Supra but am a big fan of V8's and the aural sound and performance that they bring with it therefore I am hoping that America will finally turn the corner with respect to supercharged V8 engines and will start gravitating towards small block TT V8 engines such as much of Europe and Britain has done.

Hopefully the days of the American built supercharged V8 engines will soon be over and that we will soon see some TT V8 engines installed in some American built HP automobiles.

:sunglasses:
YES!!

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The Biggest Showdown will be with a "Stock Demon"!
This has been years in the making.......
Camaro is almost slated to die soon.

Nah, I say the big battle will be vs. a ZL1 1LE, on track(s), then considered as a GT, because if the GT500 is faster in the former, and demonstrates better daily livability (we know at least one thing is better ...), that will be left-right-10-count ...

mvisible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought this is an interesting comparison, specifically between the zl1 and the hellcat. I made a video about it a couple days ago, wanted to post it on the forum to get feedback and start a discussion with you guys but didn't think it was worthy of thread on its own. Lone behold this thread! So here is my video, feel free to send me a PM or comment in the video itself!

In a nutshell when you compare the gt500 vs hellcat vs zl1 it boils down to what your looking for in your car. Each does certain things pretty well, but in the end my choice would be the GT500!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
a big fan of V8's and the aural sound and performance that they bring with it
A v8 be it flat plane or cross with 105mm bore, 75mm stroke revving to 9500 RPM would have been the second coming. FI would fill in the torque curve nicely.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I agree. But they should replace the ZR1 with Z06, as Z06 is more relevant in power and price.
What if I told you the GT500 is faster than a Z06...
Sponsored