obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
StangMode took 2 out of 3 races.
On your average drag strip GT500 vs Redeye will be a drivers race.
On a very well prepped drag strip the Redeye will win 9 times out of 10
On stock tires at a drag strip the GT500 will win 9 times out of 10
From a dig on the street on stock tires the GT500 will win.
Roll races will be won by whoever gets the jump.
GT500 will be faster then a Redeye in a roll race but only by a little bit. Like I said before, whoever gets the jump will win.
Both are great looking cars and great performers. Would love to have one of each.
Enjoy the video!

Sponsored

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Will update this in a minute. Enjoy!
I look forward to reading peoples reviews of this video. Not unfortunately I am sitting on a beach in Aruba, and the internet will not support steaming.

Yes, I am having a great time with drinks on repeat, the wife reading her kindle, and silicone everywhere. Don’t worry about my using my phone on a beach. My vacation, my choice :sunglasses::sun::like:

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Subscribing for the Dodge fan troll excuses and subsequent tears...

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
What I want to know is where can I purchase the colored gt500 inserts on the front bumper black part... Always said it needed color to bring it out more.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Do not forget that in this video neither car is on stock rear tires.

Hellcat Redeye - 18" Nitto NT05 tires
Shelby GT500 - 20" Toyo R888R tires

This track was not exceptionally well prepped. Tang_Stang_GT500 was struggling to get a 60' worth a damn after pulling 1.5's and 1.7's in Florida for weeks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Do not forget that in this video neither car is on stock rear tires.

Hellcat Redeye - 18" Nitto NT05 tires
Shelby GT500 - 20" Toyo R888R tires

This track was not exceptionally well prepped. Tang_Stang_GT500 was struggling to get a 60' worth a damn after pulling 1.5's and 1.7's in Florida for weeks.
Correct.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Nice.

trevman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT3fiddy
I look forward to reading peoples reviews of this video. Not unfortunately I am sitting on a beach in Aruba, and the internet will not support steaming.

Yes, I am having a great time with drinks on repeat, the wife reading her kindle, and silicone everywhere. Don’t worry about my using my phone on a beach. My vacation, my choice :sunglasses::sun::like:
Make sure to go to the Suisse Chalet in Eagle Beach - probably one of the top 5 restaurants I have ever eaten at.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure to go to the Suisse Chalet in Eagle Beach - probably one of the top 5 restaurants I have ever eaten at.
My stuck up in-laws raised their noses when I read this to them. Trust me, I believe you, they are fucking snobs.

Sponsored

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
This is interesting. The GT500 has consistently higher trap speeds but it won't 60ft as well which will be the death of it in the 1/4 mile. I think the why of it not 60ft'ing hard has already been beaten to death. Prep, tire, and driver will matter a lot. Apparently the Redeye's best pass of the day was 10.44 @128.62. GT500 was 10.80 @ 130. Same day, same cars, same track conditions , R compound tires and within an hour is the report.

That being said that is the blessing and curse of the Hellcat platform. It's a track monster but it NEEDS a good tire and prep sure don't hurt. NT05s are shit on the Hellcat in my experience but probably a very good and equal comparison tire for the R888. It would do better on an ET Street R....like waaaaay better but it really needs it and the GT500 does not. I don't think the GT500 would benefit as much from improved rubber but maybe? Saw the same thing with the ZL1 where Drag radials only resulted in marginal improvement. With the big Cat it's night and day on appropriate tire.

It will be good to see these two in the hands of more drivers going head to head.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
This is interesting. The GT500 has consistently higher trap speeds but it won't 60ft as well which will be the death of it in the 1/4 mile. I think the why of it not 60ft'ing hard has already been beaten to death. Prep, tire, and driver will matter a lot. Apparently the Redeye's best pass of the day was 10.44 @128.62. GT500 was 10.80 @ 130. Same day, same cars, same track conditions , R compound tires and within an hour is the report.

That being said that is the blessing and curse of the Hellcat platform. It's a track monster but it NEEDS a good tire and prep sure don't hurt. NT05s are shit on the Hellcat in my experience but probably a very good and equal comparison tire for the R888. It would do better on an ET Street R....like waaaaay better but it really needs it and the GT500 does not. I don't think the GT500 would benefit as much from improved rubber but maybe? Saw the same thing with the ZL1 where Drag radials only resulted in marginal improvement. With the big Cat it's night and day on appropriate tire.

It will be good to see these two in the hands of more drivers going head to head.
Did stangmode state the tire psi he was running?

The gt500 guys keep telling me im crazy, but 16 cold 17 warm psi has been absolutely perfect for me, and they dont want to listen lol. They all stay near 20​

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC

Did stangmode state the tire psi he was running?

The gt500 guys keep telling me im crazy, but 16 cold 17 warm psi has been absolutely perfect for me, and they dont want to listen lol. They all stay near 20​

Not that I saw and I have no experience with that tire. Worth a try I'd say. I always run ET Street R's at 16PSI to start and then add pressure as track conditions allow. Why waste a pass spinning with to much air in the tire? That never made sense to me.

Seems lots of guys are swearing by the R888s on other platforms. I've heard mixed things about the tire from the Mopar community. It's a good tire for the street but not good enough for the Cat on the Drag strip. For the street most prefer the M/T ET Street SS or the Nitto NT555R. Benny with the R888s is you can still put lateral G loads on them which seems to be less of a concern in the majority of the Mopar group (me not included). I run 555Rs myself and sometimes the ET Street Rs. I run Michelin PS4s on the daily. Sorry....bit of a tangent but I really like the fact you can get it all done with one tire on the GT500. It speaks very well for the job Ford Performance did developing the car.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

ET Street R's are better on everything.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Not that I saw and I have no experience with that tire. Worth a try I'd say. I always run ET Street R's at 16PSI to start and then add pressure as track conditions allow. Why waste a pass spinning with to much air in the tire? That never made sense to me.

Seems lots of guys are swearing by the R888s on other platforms. I've heard mixed things about the tire from the Mopar community. It's a good tire for the street but not good enough for the Cat on the Drag strip. For the street most prefer the M/T ET Street SS or the Nitto NT555R. Benny with the R888s is you can still put lateral G loads on them which seems to be less of a concern in the majority of the Mopar group (me not included). I run 555Rs myself and sometimes the ET Street Rs. I run Michelin PS4s on the daily. Sorry....bit of a tangent but I really like the fact you can get it all done with one tire on the GT500. It speaks very well for the job Ford Performance did developing the car.
The R888 come from the roll/highway racing crowd, which is not exactly domestic car heavy, or wasnt, but is now. So the R888 are new and blasphemous to them. Everyone not knowing was thrown off by the addition of them.

So, as you know but for any bystanders, the R888R are an excellent all around sticky tire. The problem is that they are good, but not great at drag racing, or more precisely high tq applications. We saw this with the orange PBD car. best 60 came with the MT's but not by much. The real prowess of them is that they are amazing for the rest of the usage, whereas the MT & Hoosiers will sway a lot at highway and high speeds. so theres the rub..

My own personal setup, is the R888R will stay on the car for normal usage, and i mean roll racing as well, until i have too much power to use them efficicently - we have no idea where that mark is, because its been 40-60* and the r888 are still performing when aired down, so as it warms up, traction will only improve for that purpose.

BUT- I also have a cusotm set of 18x11.5 rears coming, and at that point, i am currently debating Et street R vs Hooosier DR's. This is going to be a challenge for me. on my E92 m3, the 17x10 hoosiers were perfect, as good if not better than the r888r on the road, and great on the strip. on the s2k, the hoosier were junk, and were hazed easy, i could light them up even at 700hp not to mention 900, the s2k required et R's.

I like that the Hoosiers weigh significantly less than MT's, roughly 6-7ls less per tire, which is always a benefit.. but i want to know which is going to hook. Also, the hoosiers come with more sidewall, 325/45/18 vs 325/35/18 MT, which plays into the shock absorbtion issue.. A bias ply is going to perform the best on this car, since its still a clutch, not a convertor.. but seeing how as my 18s may at some point be required for highway use as well, im not too keen on the idea of mixing DP & radial for that purpose

Im leaning towards Hoosiers for the 18's. less rotational weight, more sidewall, and performed flawless in a very similar configuration car ( s/c v8 rwd dct, low tq, high hp/rpm) so ill probably test those, and let other people try the MT's
Sponsored