Sponsored

2020 GT500 vs Redeye Drag Racing StangMode vs Mod2fame

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
M2F is a bad driver, this has been confirmed many times, his car is lowered and has 262 gears, is short you are using bad redeye runs and good gt500 runs to say the gt500 is faster. I have seen full weight redeye time slips with 1.40-1.45 60ft times. Once again the gt500 is clearly the all around performance winner, however you can go buy a Redeye for 65 grand using the power dollars and discounts, put a good drag tire on, go to the strip and run low to mid 10s consistently, with the gt500 you just can’t do that. Not everyone wants a redeye, but not everyone wants a gt500 either. Have the respect to not call the other guys car junk.
explain to me what exactly is a stock redey going to gain over that slip.. the 60 is perfectly fine, the car didnt spin, it runs out of steam/no more hp/ph to be had. where exactly do you see a redeye coming up with 60hp?

if you dont like us talkng down about a lesser car, leave. its really very simple. this isnt an all american car lover forum, its GT500. a car you dont want, and refuse to admit is faster than a dodge. i dont care what a lesser car costs. I have a term for those guys.. you should read up on it

face it. dodge is overhyped

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What is it with this Dodge fanboy hanging out on here? I thought he was going to try to be less biased or something, but every post seems to be about how great another car is.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
explain to me what exactly is a stock redey going to gain over that slip.. the 60 is perfectly fine, the car didnt spin, it runs out of steam/no more hp/ph to be had. where exactly do you see a redeye coming up with 60hp?

if you dont like us talkng down about a lesser car, leave. its really very simple. this isnt an all american car lover forum, its GT500. a car you dont want, and refuse to admit is faster than a dodge. i dont care what a lesser car costs. I have a term for those guys.. you should read up on it

face it. dodge is overhyped
The reason that Redeye ran / runs 10.7 is because of the 2.62 gears.
If it had 3.09s it would be 10.5 or better.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The reason that Redeye ran / runs 10.7 is because of the 2.62 gears.
If it had 3.09s it would be 10.5 or better.
is that gearing stock? i fail to see what negates the fact it lost.. we can what if all day.. GT500 on CF wheels would run 8s..

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Unbelievable. :facepalm: Im out.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
is that gearing stock? i fail to see what negates the fact it lost.. we can what if all day.. GT500 on CF wheels would run 8s..
Yes the 3.09 gears are a $1,095 option.

E6F06C17-3249-46AA-A99C-2E6E7C9B2899.png

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
It just shows that even you realize that the redeye is the faster stock power car, by your own post the gt500 needs a trans tune and an 18 wheel and drag tire just to keep up with a redeye full weight on a tire.
I'm not shocked you missed the entire point....Listen by your logic you're telling me that the Redeye picks up .7-.8 from the ADDITION of an 18 wheel/DR setup....right? Since Redeye's "stock" run 11.0 and the GT 500 makes just about the same HP and runs 10.6 stock that would mean the GT500 would pick up roughly .7 too right? 10.6-.7=9.9...again the GT500 would be faster given the same "mod".....and if a Demon(Redeye just can't keep up at this point) is on the 840 "tune" and crate get up then it would be fair for the GT500 to go E85 and 18 set up....now you're talking 9.6 or so, Right?

I believe this would piss off a bunch of people who paid $120K for an Elephant that only runs fast in a straight line for no more than a 1/4 mile when for less money they could have a GT500, swap out the wheel tire set up and have a car just as fast at the strip and a world class track car to boot.….Which begs the question....If you trade in a Demon do you keep the crate or does in go back with the car?

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
I'm not shocked you missed the entire point....Listen by your logic you're telling me that the Redeye picks up .7-.8 from the ADDITION of an 18 wheel/DR setup....right? Since Redeye's "stock" run 11.0 and the GT 500 makes just about the same HP and runs 10.6 stock that would mean the GT500 would pick up roughly .7 too right? 10.6-.7=9.9...again the GT500 would be faster given the same "mod".....and if a Demon(Redeye just can't keep up at this point) is on the 840 "tune" and crate get up then it would be fair for the GT500 to go E85 and 18 set up....now you're talking 9.6 or so, Right?

I believe this would piss off a bunch of people who paid $120K for an Elephant that only runs fast in a straight line for no more than a 1/4 mile when for less money they could have a GT500, swap out the wheel tire set up and have a car just as fast at the strip and a world class track car to boot.….Which begs the question....If you trade in a Demon do you keep the crate or does in go back with the car?
Do you really want answers to these questions or are you just trolling? I will be happy to give the info you need but I just feel like I’m wasting my time.

1. The redeye picks up about 6 tenths on a good tire, all stock they run in the 10.70s-10.80s, fastest full weight on a tire is 10.22, that’s not 7 or 8 tenths, with more wight pulled and skinnies yes you are close. Now where does the redeye pick up that time? If you know drag racing you know it’s the 60ft, on stock tires the redeye does high 1.60s, with a drag tire it’s low 1.40s in the 60ft. That’s almost 6 tenths in the quarter mile, every tenth in the sixty is worth two in the quarter. Almost 3 tenths in the 60 is almost six in the 1/4, numbers don’t lie, the car has proven this to be the case.

2. Gt500 goes 10.6 on stock tires, that’s correct. However you clearly, and no offense here but you clearly don’t understand the car and how drag racing works, to a novice it would seem like if adding a tire to car A = Z, then adding a tire to car B should = Z too. However this is not how it works, every car is designed differently and what works on one may not on another. Example, the zl1 1/4 mile record is 10.9 that time was done on the stock tires, all stock zl1s with drag tires are slower. The gt500 is much the same, so far the fastest stock full weight car is on stock tires. To go much faster in the 1/4 the car would need to cut the 60 ft by quite a bit, this can not be done with a DCT and the launch controls in the car, sure it may get a little faster but nothing like a redeye that pours on full power at launch. The redeye picks up almost 3 tenths in the 60 with a tire as I said, the gt500 so far on stock power has picked up not even half a tenth on tire. If you know a lot about drag racing then you would know that the redeye is the faster stock power car. I’m not meaning to brag but when the gt500 10.61 time slip was released I looked at it and saw that the redeye was going to be faster on a tire. The 60 ft is everything in drag racing and the gt500 does not cut a good 60 ft for a 760 hp car. It’s not the cars fault you have to treat a DCT differently than a standard auto trans, Ford had to make sure the DCT would last, 5 thousand RPM foot brake launches pouring on full power would be asking the trans to slip and fail.

3. Any dealer worth their salt will want the crate with the car. The crate makes the car worth 10 to 15 grand more. I was looking back at some of the used auctions for the demon and those with the crate were way more likely to sell in the first place and sold for more as well. This was long I know but it’s all facts, I’m not pushing or pulling anyone or anything. If I say something it’s because I have done the research to back it up. Of course I will make mistakes. I’m human. If you find anything I say to be unfair or untrue then please ask me for my sources, if you don’t like my evidence then find some of your own to counter me.

Cheers.

Sponsored

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Do you really want answers to these questions or are you just trolling? I will be happy to give the info you need but I just feel like I’m wasting my time.

1. The redeye picks up about 6 tenths on a good tire, all stock they run in the 10.70s-10.80s, fastest full weight on a tire is 10.22, that’s not 7 or 8 tenths, with more wight pulled and skinnies yes you are close. Now where does the redeye pick up that time? If you know drag racing you know it’s the 60ft, on stock tires the redeye does high 1.60s, with a drag tire it’s low 1.40s in the 60ft. That’s almost 6 tenths in the quarter mile, every tenth in the sixty is worth two in the quarter. Almost 3 tenths in the 60 is almost six in the 1/4, numbers don’t lie, the car has proven this to be the case.

2. Gt500 goes 10.6 on stock tires, that’s correct. However you clearly, and no offense here but you clearly don’t understand the car and how drag racing works, to a novice it would seem like if adding a tire to car A = Z, then adding a tire to car B should = Z too. However this is not how it works, every car is designed differently and what works on one may not on another. Example, the zl1 1/4 mile record is 10.9 that time was done on the stock tires, all stock zl1s with drag tires are slower. The gt500 is much the same, so far the fastest stock full weight car is on stock tires. To go much faster in the 1/4 the car would need to cut the 60 ft by quite a bit, this can not be done with a DCT and the launch controls in the car, sure it may get a little faster but nothing like a redeye that pours on full power at launch. The redeye picks up almost 3 tenths in the 60 with a tire as I said, the gt500 so far on stock power has picked up not even half a tenth on tire. If you know a lot about drag racing then you would know that the redeye is the faster stock power car. I’m not meaning to brag but when the gt500 10.61 time slip was released I looked at it and saw that the redeye was going to be faster on a tire. The 60 ft is everything in drag racing and the gt500 does not cut a good 60 ft for a 760 hp car. It’s not the cars fault you have to treat a DCT differently than a standard auto trans, Ford had to make sure the DCT would last, 5 thousand RPM foot brake launches pouring on full power would be asking the trans to slip and fail.

3. Any dealer worth their salt will want the crate with the car. The crate makes the car worth 10 to 15 grand more. I was looking back at some of the used auctions for the demon and those with the crate were way more likely to sell in the first place and sold for more as well. This was long I know but it’s all facts, I’m not pushing or pulling anyone or anything. If I say something it’s because I have done the research to back it up. Of course I will make mistakes. I’m human. If you find anything I say to be unfair or untrue then please ask me for my sources, if you don’t like my evidence then find some of your own to counter me.

Cheers.
Not in to drag racing, but that's interesting. Thanks.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
But that redey ran 10.7s on a good tire.. so Redeyes are an 11.3 car by that logic
Forget about that redeye. M2F is not a good drag racer. His car was lowered which will hurt his 60 ft which we already saw is the thing this car needs to win, plus he didn’t have 309 gears which help with the 60 ft which helps the ET, you seem to think M2F is the be all end all of redeyes drivers. He’s not, not even close, I would bet money you could run a faster time than him. He has one redeye and it’s not even a stock car. The truth remains that a stock power full weight redeye has gone 10.22 on a tire. That’s very fast, I find it amusing that you think you can take down a 797 hp can with ease in the 1/4 mile. Put a couple of pro NHRA racers in a Gt500 and a redeye with a drag tire and the redeye will pull win after win, it’s just a better car for the strip, easier to launch, cuts better 60fts and dose not cut power in the 1 2 gears. Now on a track the Gt500 will walk all over any challenger.

Redeyes run 10.70s-10.80s on the stock tires, fastest on stock tires is I believe a 10.78 I have not seen the time slip but I have seen 10.80s times on the stock tires, the fastest all stock on stock tires 707 Hellcat is 10.93 so the redeye is clearly a 10 sec car on the stock tires, just not as fast as the Gt500 on them.

Your car is great and just because a stock power redeye will beat a stock power Gt500 in the 1/4 does not make your car in any way a bad car or a car I dislike. People seem to think that if you praise one thing you must be putting the other thing down. Not at all. I am into drag racing much more than road course stuff so it would make sense why I like the redeye, however if someone feels differently and likes the Gt500 more who am I to hate on their car or what they like. I don’t hate on Ford or the Gt500 in any way as I have said more than twice I hope to own a 13-14 Gt500 some day.

Edit I do hate on Ford a little for the Mach E

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Not in to drag racing, but that's interesting. Thanks.
interesting because he is wrong

Forget about that redeye. M2F is not a good drag racer. His car was lowered which will hurt his 60 ft which we already saw is the thing this car needs to win, plus he didn’t have 309 gears which help with the 60 ft which helps the ET, you seem to think M2F is the be all end all of redeyes drivers. He’s not, not even close, I would bet money you could run a faster time than him. He has one redeye and it’s not even a stock car. The truth remains that a stock power full weight redeye has gone 10.22 on a tire. That’s very fast, I find it amusing that you think you can take down a 797 hp can with ease in the 1/4 mile. Put a couple of pro NHRA racers in a Gt500 and a redeye with a drag tire and the redeye will pull win after win, it’s just a better car for the strip, easier to launch, cuts better 60fts and dose not cut power in the 1 2 gears. Now on a track the Gt500 will walk all over any challenger.

Redeyes run 10.70s-10.80s on the stock tires, fastest on stock tires is I believe a 10.78 I have not seen the time slip but I have seen 10.80s times on the stock tires, the fastest all stock on stock tires 707 Hellcat is 10.93 so the redeye is clearly a 10 sec car on the stock tires, just not as fast as the Gt500 on them.

Your car is great and just because a stock power redeye will beat a stock power Gt500 in the 1/4 does not make your car in any way a bad car or a car I dislike. People seem to think that if you praise one thing you must be putting the other thing down. Not at all. I am into drag racing much more than road course stuff so it would make sense why I like the redeye, however if someone feels differently and likes the Gt500 more who am I to hate on their car or what they like. I don’t hate on Ford or the Gt500 in any way as I have said more than twice I hope to own a 13-14 Gt500 some day.

Edit I do hate on Ford a little for the Mach E
care to elavorate with any proof you have ever drag raced a day in your life, what tracks, with what cars, some nostalgic photos to correlate perhaps.. you seem to know a lot of information that just isnt real. So entertain us with your experience