Sponsored

2020 GT500 vs. Hellcat vs. ZL1

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I won't pay ADM. If that means I get a hellcat at cost. Or maybe a little under cost. So be it. I'm a Ford guy. So I'll still look for a GT500. As for supercharging a gt. In 20 years if you hold on to the either car. You have a desirable collector car. (GT500,Hellcat,ZL1) Or a worthless gt with a supercharger. I already have a GT that'll run 8s. If I want it to. And its basically worthless monetarily .
I didn't know your loyalty to Ford, as the hellcat seems so different from what the GT500 is going to be. I don't expect to see too many people cross shopping them.(hellcat/GT500)
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I didn't know your loyalty to Ford, as the hellcat seems so different from what the GT500 is going to be. I don't expect to see too many people cross shopping them.(hellcat/GT500)
A lot of people just chase after the latest, greatest big HP car..what they're designed to do doesn't factor in as much

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I see the 3 cars listed in the thread tittle. As natural competitors. Does a ZL11Le appeal to someone more interested in road course work? Or the hellcat appeal more to drag racers? Sure. But I see the 3 cross shopped. All 3 are king of the hill pony cars.

SVTSNAKE351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
I hear you on that. I would never buy a junk fiat dodge or Garbage motors car:ford:

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
That is why context matters & you should read through the whole thread, before commenting... :thumbsup:

So I must ask you, why are you talking about a GT and not a GT500..? Just saying..
I did read the whole thread. PTM5.0 started the derailing of the thread by posting the GT 1/2 mile vid and you joined in on the argument. Did you or did you not post the things below?

Sorry bro, but what do you know about the half mile...? Or aero..?

hint: There is no burnout box, or light tree at a 1/2 mile events...lol

People are just blasting their cars down a runway...

Nobody is giving out trophies for best start, etc. So what you know doesn't matter, because it isn't part of the fun. I know people who blast down the 1/2 mile with their air on.

Coincidentally, most 1/2 mile events are not artificial and meant for the blowhard who seeks tenth of a second for bragging rights.

Do people on the highway, turn off their air, when blasting down the highways..? Do they lighten their car, to blast down the highways..? Do they pull over and magically put slicks on their car, before they blast..?
Additionally, 1/2 mile events typically are not a drag race, they are terminal velocity tests..

Thanks for your "drag racing" input, but anybody can drag race and anybody can beat your car if they have more $$ than you, it is a penis measuring contest of who is willing to spend more. Please don't kid yourself.
You basically bashed him for the "drag racing" input in a thread about drag or track racing. I don't recall the OP asking about a 1/2 mile.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Lets not get hung up. On the GT crap again. Anyone with half a brain knows a stock ZL1 absolutely destroys a stock GT. When driver error is taken out of the equation.

Last edited:

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
If it’s manual vs auto I can see the A10 being 2 cars behind due to driver granny shifting the ZL1. In reality, 580 whp vs 410 whp stock on 305’s vs skinny 275’s it won’t work!

This is like a Camry v6 with 300+ hp being 2 car lengths behind a mustang gt in a half a mile! I have seen a Prius lapping faster than an m3 on a road coarse on top gear with pro vs average Joe driver but on a straight line you have to be delusional to believe stuff like that!

Because of stuff like this mustang6g gets bad reputation. We have to be logical and know the limits and physics of these cars! 18 gt is an amazing piece of machine for the money, lets leave it at that!
It's not the same as a GT vs. Camry. The GT A10 is capable of trapping 118-120 mph in the 1/4 and many people are breaking into the upper 11s bone stock. The 6 speed ZL1 runs mid 11s and traps around 124-125 mph, and the A10 around 126 mph. Ok, that's obviously faster, but the 301 hp Camry is a 14.4 sec @ 100 mph car.

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
I don't even see people cross shopping like this.

The hellcat is great of you don't use your steering wheel to turn, or your brakes to brake. If driving a strait line is all you are about, then the hellcat is it. But unfortunately, my commutes require steering wheel input, so I see no reason for a fake sporty car.

But, if 1/4 miles is your thing then see cobra jet, eos.
NOT TRUE ! have owned 99 corvette a 735 hp 2007 shelby gt with an insane suspension setup /watts link -a 14 1LE camaro with 801/646 hp it ran 10.0 140mph and also turned ..And currently a 18 mustang gt and 18 GOLF R -My 17 Hellcat may not be a porsche 911 but it does just fine at handling ..95 g is not a terrible skid pad number . it may not handle like a corvette or zl1 but for what it is its no slouch ...
Sponsored