Sponsored

2020 GT500 vs Hellcat vs ZL1 - How They Compare Off The Drag Strip [Edmunds Comparison Review]

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The GT4 wing isn't exactly a thing of beauty either... Would the giant Porsche wing of yore grafted into the trunk lid look better? Bonus points if it was an active foil and could tilt/rise

Last edited:

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
The GT4 wing isn't exactly a thing of beauty either... Would the giant Porsche wing of yore grafted into the trunk lid look better?
I love the look when I know it's actually functional down force and not ricer flare. But I do get the point of view of normal people.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Is it just me or does the Zl1 look tacky as hell with all of those add on aero bits and whatnot....
It’s aggressive in person and my favorite looking gen6 Camaro. But I prefer the looks of the Mustang overall. I like the retro Hellcat look, in the right color it’s a cool looking car, but it won’t wven fit in my third garage stall! It’s a boat.

Sponsored

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
It’s aggressive in person and my favorite looking gen6 Camaro. But I prefer the looks of the Mustang overall. I like the retro Hellcat look, in the right color it’s a cool looking car, but it won’t wven fit in my third garage stall! It’s a boat.
Hellcat is the only one with the old school muscle car look. So cool.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
It's tricky, I mean, it's clearly very functional for track use, but tooling around town? I'd kinda feel like a douchebag. :crazy:
I think that's why I try not to drive like a douchebag to try and offset the perception. Probably not working though. People are going to think what they are going to think. Just need to enjoy my drive. Life is short.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
That dumb chick is really irritating.....and lets not call that mickey mouse sized autocross set up "road course"......ffs Carlos could have been a little less obvious with the sandbagging....

Sponsored

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
That dumb chick is really irritating.....and lets not call that mickey mouse sized autocross set up "road course"......ffs Carlos could have been a little less obvious with the sandbagging....
That review was entertaining, mainly because we're all eager to see these cars compared, but I hope no one takes the results seriously. I bet some will though.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The ZL1s are the only 6th gen Camaros I actually like the looks of. The issue for me with the ZLE is that it's geared so much for track use that it just doesn't translate well as a street car. The suspension is too hard, and the aero is a bit too much for the street, even if it is all functional.

If someone were tracking their car often, it's a great deal, as long as they have another car they can use for daily driving. Of course everyone has their on feelings on what makes a daily driver, but I think most people feel the ZLE is difficult to use in that regard.

SienarSystems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZL1 1LE
When I got out of my GTPP I got a ZLE. It’s my daily and it works for me...and the looks certainly get people’s attention. What I don’t enjoy, and I’m sure the GT350 and 500 folks get this too, is everyone (including Prius drivers) wants to race :crackup::cwl:.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
When I got out of my GTPP I got a ZLE. It’s my daily and it works for me...and the looks certainly get people’s attention. What I don’t enjoy, and I’m sure the GT350 and 500 folks get this too, is everyone (including Prius drivers) wants to race :crackup::cwl:.
In my head: " They only try to race you cause most kids look for a GW ( Guaranteed Win)"

but i say that in jest.

What really bothers me is when people decide to ride your ass to "get a closer look" or nearly hit you by swirving into you staring so hard at it. But i think that will fade as the car gets older/more of them on the road

SienarSystems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZL1 1LE
:cwl: Those Prius drivers were smoking me so I had to get a 2650:cwl:. Haven’t had someone hit me gawking but the elementary school kids certainly enjoy the car when I drop my boys off:thumbsup:
Sponsored