Sponsored

2020 GT500 vs Corvette C8 Z51 which one is faster at willow springs? TIMES!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
...he even talks about how much easier it is to drive the GT350 at the limit.
Make that at it's limit. The extra speed carried by the heavier GT500 with even less tire makes it more of a challenge than the lighter, slower, GT350 variants.
Sponsored

Sponsored

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Heh, I knew this'd come eventually. I was talking with him at the SD auto show at the Corvette C8 booth when his mom was on the phone with them placing the order. That HPDE group was last weekend, kinda bummed I missed it because I'm building up my ride and returning the other track car to stock, see some of my friends in the footage.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Heh, I knew this'd come eventually. I was talking with him at the SD auto show at the Corvette C8 booth when his mom was on the phone with them placing the order. That HPDE group was last weekend, kinda bummed I missed it because I'm building up my ride and returning the other track car to stock, see some of my friends in the footage.
Awesome. He's not buddies with those gt3 guys he passes in his videos, right?

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
I can't speak personally for him, but it's a strange clique-y group down there on some days. I don't recall seeing him talk to the GT3 guys, but from my personal experiences, they're all pretty cool, I'm usually running door to door with them. You've got the Beem camp, Miata, Porsche, AE86/BRZ/S2k, Exotic, Vette, Camaro, and Mustang groups, of which some are totally loners, and then track rats like myself just run around and talk to everybody about everything. It's easier when you're in their group and talk about your last session, especially if you were mixing it up out there.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
:cwl: I was wondering the same whenever I've watched his track day videos. Hey even if he is at least he's not using that as clickbait this time...More track videos less clickbait and this guy could be one of the few I'd sub to....

kiwiford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon 302, Mazda MPV V6
He certainly has some talent, as it would seem really easy to be running off the track backwards; especially when 760 hp warms up those HEAVILY worked tyres some laps in !!

Sponsored

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
He certainly has some talent, as it would seem really easy to be running off the track backwards; especially when 760 hp warms up those HEAVILY worked tyres some laps in !!
I love the C8, but I prefer the big giant balls attitude of the GT500. I love that it probably pisses off elitist type people that get passed by it. Fun times.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure why this is even a comparison. C8 should be compared against other mid or rear engine cars.

OP
OP
Classic Lover

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.

C8 z51 was a fair amount faster at willow springs with a non pro driver. He makes a good point that the reason the C8 lost at vir was because they ran the full course which has some really long straights. Cars are very close on most tracks.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Always impressed with GM's PDR and continually disappointed that Ford has nothing to offer in comparison.