2020 GT500 Unscheduled/Material Hold or Clean Registry

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I think the order actually went in on -edit- it was 7/2/19. Pretty sure that was the earliest you could get it in.
My screen shot shows otherwise

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The link you sent - data shows 7/2. I thought I was a day or two after...but..

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
<- We're grinning, Tom. Is there anything you DON'T save? Impressive, dude...truly impressive and I thought *I* went overboard sometimes...you make me look like a piker. <laughing>

Did you have to teach your guy how to do a screen capture? <smile> And then, he had to email or text it to you. At least that's my guess and I don't think even you can access the Ford mainframe from home. :-)

Looks like the same OS as my former employer, too. Probably the same brand of machines. Excellent "redaction" too, BTW. <bigger grin>

PS - I just noticed that you didn't initially order "The Penske Option."

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
PS - I just noticed that you didn't initially order "The Penske Option."
At the time, I ordered it like you did, no painted stripes. I was indecisive as well and finally caved in and changed my order to add the painted on stripes.
No, I didn't. It was my opinion at the time that 10K was a huge ripoff for something that my dealer said they could do for less than 5K. If you recall correctly, I do recall saying that for 10K, Ford ought to throw in a night in Vegas complete with a hooker. My thought process for justifying the 10K painted on stripes was that 1) having it done aftermarket would not be OEM. 2) I thought it was doubtful that Ford would offer it again in the '21 model year. I base this on the fact that '20 is the launch year for the 2020 and the so called golden ticket is a celebratory special version that would be highly sought after. The painted on stripes would be special and unique. I recall that the GT350 was to have a year with painted on stripes, but that seemed to fizzle out. I understand why now. The painted stripes are a logistical pain in the ass. They have to pull the cars aside, truck them over to Penske, and return them to the flat rock plant. If Ford was able to do the job in house, I believe that they would have. I believe they did the right thing by sending the vehicles off to Penske, because they specialize in that kind of work. I know that the painted on stripes are special and Ford wanted to do it right. Face it though, it is a pain in the ass for them and the build process. As you know, and as I do now, once you turn the car over to another company, you loose a bit of control over the rate and quality of manufacture. I strongly doubt quality is the issue, but in my example, the cars are stalling out in the production phase due to some unknown reason. That is where the "Penske black hole" saying came from. Progress isn't documented there and you have no idea how long they are going to sit on the car.

So will they offer painted on stripes in '21? I have no idea. Maybe, but I'm leaning towards probably not. As my wife points out often, I'm not always right, lol

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.

No, I didn't. It was my opinion at the time that 10K was a huge ripoff for something that my dealer said they could do for less than 5K. If you recall correctly, I do recall saying that for 10K, Ford ought to throw in a night in Vegas complete with a hooker. My thought process for justifying the 10K painted on stripes was that 1) having it done aftermarket would not be OEM. 2) I thought it was doubtful that Ford would offer it again in the '21 model year. I base this on the fact that '20 is the launch year for the 2020 and the so called golden ticket is a celebratory special version that would be highly sought after. The painted on stripes would be special and unique. I recall that the GT350 was to have a year with painted on stripes, but that seemed to fizzle out. I understand why now. The painted stripes are a logistical pain in the ass. They have to pull the cars aside, truck them over to Penske, and return them to the flat rock plant. If Ford was able to do the job in house, I believe that they would have. I believe they did the right thing by sending the vehicles off to Penske, because they specialize in that kind of work. I know that the painted on stripes are special and Ford wanted to do it right. Face it though, it is a pain in the ass for them and the build process. As you know, and as I do now, once you turn the car over to another company, you loose a bit of control over the rate and quality of manufacture. I strongly doubt quality is the issue, but in my example, the cars are stalling out in the production phase due to some unknown reason. That is where the "Penske black hole" saying came from. Progress isn't documented there and you have no idea how long they are going to sit on the car.

So will they offer painted on stripes in '21? I have no idea. Maybe, but I'm leaning towards probably not. As my wife points out often, I'm not always right, lol
Where do I sign up for the free Vegas benefits package for ordering the painted on stripe?. I also want a discount because I have the painted black roof too so Penske only had to paint 2/3rds of the stripes I ordered!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Where do I sign up for the free Vegas benefits package for ordering the painted on stripe?. I also want a discount because I have the painted black roof too so Penske only had to paint 2/3rds of the stripes I ordered!
If they do painted on stripes only for '20 MY, I think that the 10K will be worth it. Otherwise, it was just a huge premium to get it OEM and part of the car.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
ATTENTION:
There were 176 new VINs issued today.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, I looked and could not find yours, but I did find 8 other members VINs and let them know. So guys are getting VINs, Thursday is coming up and it will be interesting to see if they issue anymore then.

Mustang Ranch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RG
Vehicle(s)
2-2020 GT 500
Sorry, I looked and could not find yours, but I did find 8 other members VINs and let them know. So guys are getting VINs, Thursday is coming up and it will be interesting to see if they issue anymore then.
Thanks for all your time Earl... I certainly appreciate it!!! Have a good evening!!
RG

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Any in Arlington Texas?
Yes there was and at the same dealership, but it wasn't your car. I got pretty excited when I saw the location but the Order code was different and so was the color.

Mulletdaddee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 06 mustang drift car
Yes there was and at the same dealership, but it wasn't your car. I got pretty excited when I saw the location but the Order code was different and so was the color.
Hey at least the car ahead of me are getting moved along, good news to me regardless. Was it just one car from my dealership that got a VIN??
Sponsored