Sponsored

2020 GT500 tranmission swap

Would you swap your DCT for a manual on 2020 GT500?

• Total voters
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350R
I had to register for this post but,
I don’t know that there have been any confirmation about the transmission for the 2020 GT500 or not but in the worst scenario, would you swap your DCT for an old-school 6 speeds?
Sponsored

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
literally eww

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I don't understand fantasy-based polls. Still, the GT500 should have an optional 7-8 speed MT.

I agree.....that rotary dial just screams HIV+.

OP
OP
Naturally Aspiration
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350R
I don't understand fantasy-based polls. Still, the GT500 should have an optional 7-8 speed MT.

I agree.....that rotary dial just screams HIV+.
I’m just saying. If there’s an option for going aftermarket companies, would you do it?

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
No.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I’m just saying. If there’s an option for going aftermarket companies, would you do it?
Might as well just ask if folks would like to see the factory option of a manual transmission.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
One of the things that kept me from buying a 2013-2014 GT500 was the manual transmission only status. a DCT transmission is more appealing to me with a car with this much hp and performance potential..

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
That knob is very weak looking, kinda throws off the whole Big Balls factor of a GT500. With all the planing that was done to give us the next new version of this Shelby, on that one aspect they dropped the ball.

1966 2+2 289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
supercharged V8 Jaguar
I had to register for this post but,
I don’t know that there have been any confirmation about the transmission for the 2020 GT500 or not but in the worst scenario, would you swap your DCT for an old-school 6 speeds?
If someone really wants a 6 speed manual on a high power Mustang they should buy a GT350 and bolt a super charger to the top of the VooDoo V8. BINGO everybody is happy.

Sponsored

1966 2+2 289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
supercharged V8 Jaguar
How does the Voodoo take to boost? I would have thought the high-revving flat plane wouldn't play nice with a blower.
Hi Mikthelun1 I am sure that the good folks over at Whipple could help with the correct unit and software to make the voodoo go from 526HP up to 700HP. I owned a 2018 GT350 for a year, and now have a 2019 Bullitt. The VooDoo engine is built for high RPM but has little power under 3K. I am sure that the correct unit could get big HP at 8K RPM. On second thought a supercharger with low RPM boost would make that car a much better daily driver. Call Whipple and tell them what you want, I'll bet that with a good shop manual you could do the install right in your home garage. Let us know how it works out.

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Although I prefer manuals you need to drive this first before complaining about the tranny. I would much prefer that Ford had put a sequential manual in there. Ford being so progressive I thought they would have been the first manufacturer to offer a production sequential manual.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Although I prefer manuals you need to drive this first before complaining about the tranny. I would much prefer that Ford had put a sequential manual in there. Ford being so progressive I thought they would have been the first manufacturer to offer a production sequential manual.
I would give up my MT82 faster than I could shift it for a DCT if it was feasible. If it’s anything close to a PDK it should be a dream to drive. I’m not familiar with sequential gearboxes though.

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I would give up my MT82 faster than I could shift it for a DCT if it was feasible. If it’s anything close to a PDK it should be a dream to drive. I’m not familiar with sequential gearboxes though.
A sequential gearbox is a manual gearbox that you pull back on the gear stick to upshift and push forward to downshift(think of a motorcycle gearbox). It only goes backward and forward. Not in a "H" pattern like a regular manual transmission. Top flight rally cars and Touring cars use them.

They are available for street cars. Some people say they are better than DCT's. I like them because you can't miss a shift and gear changes are very quick.

https://shop.quaife.co.uk/gearboxes/sequential

Mustang
https://shop.quaife.co.uk/ford-mustang-coyote-six-speed-heavy-duty-sequential-gearbox
Sponsored