Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
Same. A lot of the colors are very flat in person (Twister Orange, Grabber Lime, Race Red etc). I would only get FPB, Velocity Blue or Rapid Red due to the depth they have.
Yeah, I prefer metallics, gotta have my flake.

Ford's colors for the Mustang are lacking.....

Advertisement

protraxduner

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
All the hate on the RACE RED.....I thought we were all friends :crying: NOTHING beats a bright red sports car.....not changing my mind....

marklboris

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'07 F-150, '20 GT500, '21 Mach-E Prem ord, GT rsvd
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to throw my two cents in on why I chose FPB. I have been wanting a blue car for years since my last one was in 1986 (Lincoln Mark VII LSC) and my favorite blue color Ford had was Liquid Blue. Unfortunately it never made it to production cars or trucks so the next closest color to that is FPB. I wish it had more depth like Liquid Blue or Rapid Red but it is what it is.

Another reason I chose FPB was without being some wild color like Lime Green, Twister Orange or Grabber Yellow, it would be a more rare color. Now, while it may be the most popular color on the GT500, it is one of the more rare colors you will see on any Ford vehicle since it is only available on Ford Performance cars/trucks. White, Black, Silver, Magnetic Gray, Rapid Red, Velocity blue are all available on many other Ford cars and trucks.

I get asked about the color of my car all the time but truth be told, my favorite color for the GT500 is Rapid Red. I think it looks best in that color hands down. When I see members on this site post a photo of their Rapid Red, I sometimes have second thoughts but in the end happy with my decision. Red is a very noticeable "look at me" color and the GT500 doesn't need any more help in that department. I get plenty of looks with FBP.

likeaboss

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Given a lot of these cars are dealer stock orders I'm not sure they really reflect which colors people like the best. For instance I'm sure a lot of dealers order Ford Performance Blue because it was an exclusive color to Ford Performance Products, black and white are normally the safe colors, etc.

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
Given a lot of these cars are dealer stock orders I'm not sure they really reflect which colors people like the best. For instance I'm sure a lot of dealers order Ford Performance Blue because it was an exclusive color to Ford Performance Products, black and white are normally the safe colors, etc.
Which is exactly why my first question was about customer ordered colors. I'd be interested to see the breakdown of what people ordered from the factory. That way we can truly determine the best color :crackup:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
Which is exactly why my first question was about customer ordered colors. I'd be interested to see the breakdown of what people ordered from the factory. That way we can truly determine the best color :crackup:
Since Ford shit the bed and dropped Kona, I've been wracking my brain on color selection. My current picks are:

1. Ford Performance Blue
2. Iconic Silver

As I've said, I gotta have my flake, so black, white, and Race Red are out. I'm not big on citrus colors on cars, so there goes Twister and that awful yellow. Rapid Red is drop dead gorgeous, but still red and thus a cop magnet. Antimatter might as well be black so that's out. Velocity, too light. Carbonized Gray is a straight up boring gray versus the awesome that is/was Magnetic, so that's out. Not much left, and FPB is exclusive to the GT500.

There's my weirdo logic. I wonder how many think similarly.

Last edited:

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
Since Ford shit the bed and dropped Kona, I've been wracking my brain on color selection. My current picks are:

1. Ford Performance Blue
2. Iconic Silver

As I've said, I gotta have my flake, so black, white, and Race Red are out. I'm not big on citrus colors on cars, so there goes Twister and that awful yellow. Rapid Red is drop dead gorgeous, but still red and thus a cop magnet. Antimatter might as well be black so that's out. Carbonized Gray is a straight up boring gray versus the awesome that is/was Magnetic, so that's out. Not much left, and FPB is exclusive to the GT500.

I'd go Iconic, and I normally don't like silver. They have a tendency to actually be a slightly metallic gray. Iconic though is what I'd actually consider a true silver color.

likeaboss

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51

1. Ford Performance Blue
2. Iconic Silver

As I've said, I gotta have my flake, so black, white, and Race Red are out. I'm not big on citrus colors on cars, so there goes Twister and that awful yellow. Rapid Red is drop dead gorgeous, but still red and thus a cop magnet. Antimatter might as well be black so that's out. Carbonized Gray is a straight up boring gray versus the awesome that is/was Magnetic, so that's out. Not much left, and FPB is exclusive to the GT500.

Go with Iconic Silver. I haven't see any lighting condition where it looks bad hence why I ended up with it. My other choices were FP Blue, Velocity Blue and Magnetic. The blues only looked good in certain lighting conditions unlike Lightning Blue it replaced. Magnetic looks great in any lighting condition but I didn't find a dealer willing to do no more than MSRP with that color.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
Go with Iconic Silver. I haven't see any lighting condition where it looks bad hence why I ended up with it. My other choices were FP Blue, Velocity Blue and Magnetic. The blues only looked good in certain lighting conditions unlike Lightning Blue it replaced. Magnetic looks great in any lighting condition but I didn't find a dealer willing to do no more than MSRP with that color.
It shows the lines well, that's for sure. If I went with stripes at all they'd be Kona for something different.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Reaction score