Sponsored

2020 GT500 Tool Trial units in Twisted Orange and Iconic Silver

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
After dealing with my cars body assembly I'm not sure i'd trust that plant to build a car that expensive. On my example, my wife's Challenger looks way better than my Mustang when delivered. The Challenger looks like someone actually cared when they were assembling it (near flawless). The mustang looked like a distracted 8 year old assembled it and was checked by same.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Can some of experienced guys chime in here @PP0001

If the tooling cars are built today, when do the PP cars appear? That said, what is the timeline for production assuming no real delays?
If we use the 2012/2013 Boss 302 pre production program as a guideline and assuming Ford goes down that same path we will see 4 categories/levels of pre production GT500's starting in January and ending up sometime this summer.

Ford had 4 pre production levels for the Boss 302/Project 747 program and they were as follows:

VP - Variable Prototype ( 2 cars supposedly built with both cars destroyed in Texas under Ford supervision)
TT - Tooling Tryouts ( 14 cars produced with TT0001 getting away from FR with the other 13 cars destroyed)
PP - Pilot Production ( 12 cars produced with PP0001 to PP0005 getting away from FR with the other 7 cars destroyed)
MP - Mass Production ( 44 cars produced with all cars supposedly sold through Manheim Auto Auction to various dealers in NA)

I was very fortunate to obtain copies of Window Stickers for all of the TT, PP and MP cars.

We do know that Ford has already produced some VP and TT GT500 cars therefore the next step would be to build some PP and MP cars.

The VP car that was used for auction purposes at BJ in Scottsdale in order to sell VIN #001 was a VP car and although did not get the chassis number the VIN was "1FATP8SJ5KSX00025" and suggest that this vehicle will also meet its demise somewhere down the road.

I will decode the above GT500 as follows and hopefully will be spot on with the following information.

1FA - North American Passenger Car

T - Front safety belts with front air bags and a 2 passenger car just the same as the GT350R's for 2015, 2016 & 2017. For the 4 passenger GT500's a "6" will probably be used in place of the "T"

P8S- GT500 Coupe

J - 5.2 L Voodoo Supercharged Engine

5 - Check Digit

K - Model Year ( K-2019, L-2020)

S - Special Offsite Assembly Plant Location - For all regular production GT500's this will change to a "5" which signifies the Flat Rock assembly plant.

X00025 - Pre Production Sequence Build Code

:sunglasses:

RaceHorseV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra, 2004 Cobra, 2019 GT
After dealing with my cars body assembly I'm not sure i'd trust that plant to build a car that expensive. On my example, my wife's Challenger looks way better than my Mustang when delivered. The Challenger looks like someone actually cared when they were assembling it (near flawless). The mustang looked like a distracted 8 year old assembled it and was checked by same.
Sorry to hear that you got a shoddy build. I either got lucky or Ford stepped up their game with the Mustang because my 2019 GT was better than I could have hoped. Completely rattle and creak-free with all panels looking great. I even saw evidence that they readjusted the LF quarter for better fit. I was wondering why mine waited so long between production complete and waiting for shipping. It was no doubt waiting in the shop for that panel adjustment. In short, I was very impressed with the high quality build on my car. I hope it wasn't anomaly...

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Yes, I hope you enjoy getting fucked paying 20K over sticker. I do not. You must be a dealer.
Jesus H Christ you fools don't stop!!!!! Don't be pissed you cant afford one. See how stupid and belittling that sounds? I can guarantee with all certainty that those that are purchasing a 500, a 350 or an R are not wasting their time in the little ole general S550 forums. OH!! My bad Mustang GT! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

P.s. I have never paid markup but who gives a Flying flikity??? not your money.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The VP car that was used for auction purposes at BJ in Scottsdale in order to sell VIN #001 was a VP car and although did not get the chassis number the VIN was "1FATP8SJ5KSX00025" and suggest that this vehicle will also meet its demise somewhere down the road.

I will decode the above GT500 as follows and hopefully will be spot on with the following information.

J - 5.2 L Voodoo Supercharged Engine
:sunglasses:
How can they call it a Voodoo when the GT500 isn't a flat plane engine?

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
How can they call it a Voodoo when the GT500 isn't a flat plane engine?
Call it whatever you want but it is a 5.2 L CPC Supercharged engine.

After decoding the VIN I'm sure you get the point.

:)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Call it whatever you want but it is a 5.2 L CPC Supercharged engine.

After decoding the VIN I'm sure you get the point.

:)
So Ford is calling the GT500 5.2L CPC engine also "Voodoo"?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
So Ford is calling the GT500 CPC engine also "Voodoo"?
I have heard code names such as "Predator" and other possible code names but nothing confirmed that I am aware of so just typed "Voodoo" for now.

:wink:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have heard code names such as "Predator" and other possible code names but nothing confirmed that I am aware of so just typed "Voodoo" for now.

:wink:
Ah yes ... now I see why the confusion. Wouldn't make sense for it to be called a Voodoo when a Voodoo is a FPC and the GT500 is a CPC.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
That’s my plan now that I’ve been bought out of my 18 GT Mustang. Wait out the ADM. 2+ years without a fun car sucks but the wait will be worth it.

Meant to quote the wait 2-3 years post. I agree with the don’t like ADM, wait it out or find one that does not charge ADM.

Last edited:

Sponsored

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
so I live in a state that requires a front plate, that will certainly not help the aggressive look of the "mouth" to float a plate right in the middle of it :puke:
Me too... and my front plate sits behind the windshield on the dashboard!

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Me too... and my front plate sits behind the windshield on the dashboard!
Not sure about all states, but laws usually read that the plate has to be affixed to the bumper. Even though you have it visible in the windshield that probably doesn't satisfy the requirement. An improper display citation could still be issued. Just speaking from experience.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Not sure about all states, but laws usually read that the plate has to be affixed to the bumper. Even though you have it visible in the windshield that probably doesn't satisfy the requirement. An improper display citation could still be issued. Just speaking from experience.
Yes that's the law, but it's right in my front windshield. Not drilling a hole on the front end, fthat!

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Better head to your local BMV & lay your claim to "Predator" a cool sounding vanity plate!
Sponsored