2020 GT500 TCM & PCM Updates

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Right, but either way that price is really good. As I stated, I just paid over $200 for oil change at the local dealership, and I think others have had the same experience.
Well yes, of course its good. The dealer lost $50 on parts alone! I don't think many places will make a habit of it. "MSRP" on the prices for these parts comes out to about $160. Add some labor, taxes, etc and now you are in that 180-200 range. I would not say you overpaid for your service, I am just saying this guy got a great deal that may have been a mistake. Usually they exclude these specialty cars from that price model because its a loss. Just like car prices, dealers can charge whatever they want for parts.

Saratoga87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Yea someone goofed up. Theres no way you'll get Motorcraft 5W-50 full syn for $4.00 per qt.
Dealers normally charge $10-$12 per qt.
The last time I bought the Motorcraft full syn., I paid $8.20 a qt. and I believe that was very close to their costs.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
How was your oil change so cheap? Mine was over $200 at the local dealership. 12 qts of oil at ~$4.00/qt -- that must be friends/family pricing.
Was thinking the exact same thing....how did you get the oil at $4 a quart?
It looks like that particular dealer uses menu pricing and charges a flat price of $84.95 for a synthetic oil change. It would explain the bizarre pricing.. labor at $21.12, filter $13.91 and fluid at $4.16/qt. Nobody would price things out like that. They clearly wanted it to end up at $84.95. Many dealerships do, but specialty vehicles are usually excluded. In this case they literally lost $50 bucks on that oil change. Someone will have to explain that one to their boss!
Parts Dept. Goofed when charging out the oil, and my Svc Rep let it go considering I have gone to them for everything that goes wrong between my '16 CS and the GT500.