Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Mike: First, did you get the brake assembly, too?

As for warmer weather, I HOPE to be getting the brake fix soon and along with it, I also hope to convince the tech to flash both of mine. The bogging is a legitimate beef but I haven't come up with an excuse for the PCM flash. If I do, I shall report back since it's a bit warmer down this way. Meanwhile, if anyone has a killer idea for the second complaint, please pass it along. :-)

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Mike: First, did you get the brake assembly, too?

As for warmer weather, I HOPE to be getting the brake fix soon and along with it, I also hope to convince the tech to flash both of mine. The bogging is a legitimate beef but I haven't come up with an excuse for the PCM flash. If I do, I shall report back since it's a bit warmer down this way. Meanwhile, if anyone has a killer idea for the second complaint, please pass it along. :-)
I did, I dropped it off Saturday for the Brake Bracket and Oil change and showed him the print out from here. Here is the screenshots of the work order, maybe it will help how he worded it on the work order:

2020-12-28 19.12.00.jpg

2020-12-28 19.11.30.jpg

OP
OP
rhino20

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
Thanks for letting me know that your car required an update. The whole purpose of my thread was to let fellow owners know that even if your car was produced a few short months ago there may be useful updates available which may improve performance which will ultimately improves our enjoyment of these wonderful cars.

On another note, there is a TSB out there for the TCU located in the trunk. It is not installed properly and can rattle like crazy during low RPMā€™s and cause excessive cabin noise. May be something else to have your dealer look at or you can investigate it on your own.

Hereā€™s hoping for warmer weather real soon!

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for letting me know that your car required an update. The whole purpose of my thread was to let fellow owners know that even if your car was produced a few short months ago there may be useful updates available which may improve performance which will ultimately improves our enjoyment of these wonderful cars.

On another note, there is a TSB out there for the TCU located in the trunk. It is not installed properly and can rattle like crazy during low RPMā€™s and cause excessive cabin noise. May be something else to have your dealer look at or you can investigate it on your own.

Hereā€™s hoping for warmer weather real soon!
I have this issue, I figured its the same issue as when I had my 16 CS and in the trunk on the passengers side had a unit that was loose and rattled, I pushed it in and reinforced it and it stopped. I was wondering if it might be the same thing if the tcu is located on the passenger side.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
I did, I dropped it off Saturday for the Brake Bracket and Oil change and showed him the print out from here. Here is the screenshots of the work order, maybe it will help how he worded it on the work order:

2020-12-28 19.12.00.jpg

2020-12-28 19.11.30.jpg
How long did you wait for the brake bracket to be installed?

OP
OP
rhino20

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I have this issue, I figured its the same issue as when I had my 16 CS and in the trunk on the passengers side had a unit that was loose and rattled, I pushed it in and reinforced it and it stopped. I was wondering if it might be the same thing if the tcu is located on the passenger side.
Based on what I saw on the TSB, the TCU is located on the driver side of the trunk. The TSB is attached to ALL 2018 to 2020 MY Mustangs.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
How long did you wait for the brake bracket to be installed?
I dropped my car off to get everything done on Saturday and got it back 2pm Monday (Closed sundays)

Based on what I saw on the TSB, the TCU is located on the driver side of the trunk. The TSB is attached to ALL 2018 to 2020 MY Mustangs.
I'll look into it in the spring, it is part of one thing in the trunk I have to look at along with the Mod for the Sub.

OP
OP
rhino20

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I dropped my car off to get everything done on Saturday and got it back 2pm Monday (Closed sundays)

I'll look into it in the spring, it is part of one thing in the trunk I have to look at along with the Mod for the Sub.
That is my plan as well. Either the TCU or the back seats hum like a son of a gun at low RPMā€™s. When I took the tech for a ride to locate the source of several cabin noises he could not believe how loud it was. And no, Iā€™m not referring to the engine or exhaust! Canā€˜t wait to get rid of it, very annoying.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That is my plan as well. Either the TCU or the back seats hum like a son of a gun at low RPMā€™s. When I took the tech for a ride to locate the source of several cabin noises he could not believe how loud it was. And no, Iā€™m not referring to the engine or exhaust! Canā€˜t wait to get rid of it, very annoying.
Agreed its only during low RPM and track mode exhaust with mine, Spring cant come fast enough.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500

Sorry I meant how long did you wait after the dealer ordered the brake bracket before you were notified the part was here?

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Sorry I meant how long did you wait after the dealer ordered the brake bracket before you were notified the part was here?
First time (Ford sent the wrong part) was about 26 days, the second time 2 weeks.

Tyler2386

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

2020-12-28 19.12.00.jpg

2020-12-28 19.11.30.jpg
How was your oil change so cheap? Mine was over $200 at the local dealership. 12 qts of oil at ~$4.00/qt -- that must be friends/family pricing.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
How was your oil change so cheap? Mine was over $200 at the local dealership. 12 qts of oil at ~$4.00/qt -- that must be friends/family pricing.
Was thinking the exact same thing....how did you get the oil at $4 a quart?

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
It looks like that particular dealer uses menu pricing and charges a flat price of $84.95 for a synthetic oil change. It would explain the bizarre pricing.. labor at $21.12, filter $13.91 and fluid at $4.16/qt. Nobody would price things out like that. They clearly wanted it to end up at $84.95. Many dealerships do, but specialty vehicles are usually excluded. In this case they literally lost $50 bucks on that oil change. Someone will have to explain that one to their boss!

Tyler2386

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
It looks like that particular dealer uses menu pricing and charges a flat price of $84.95 for a synthetic oil change. It would explain the bizarre pricing.. labor at $21.12, filter $13.91 and fluid at $4.16/qt. Nobody would price things out like that. They clearly wanted it to end up at $84.95. Many dealerships do, but specialty vehicles are usually excluded. In this case they literally lost $50 bucks on that oil change. Someone will have to explain that one to their boss!
Right, but either way that price is really good. As I stated, I just paid over $200 for oil change at the local dealership, and I think others have had the same experience.