Sponsored

2020 GT500 spindles and suspension questions.

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
I'm in the process of looking into suspension components and was basically wondering if any normal gt parts are interchangeable? Also looking into race brakes. If you unplug the ebrake wires, does it set a light or warning?

I know the spindles in the rear are different than normal GT. But how about the fronts?

Thanks for any info.
Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
The GT500/350 got a spindle update in 2020. I believe they are interchangeable on a GT but I think you need some other parts to use them. I think it was Epiphany that did some side by side comparison and he would be able to more accurately tell you the correct answer on this.

OP
OP
GTFORMULA

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The GT500/350 got a spindle update in 2020. I believe they are interchangeable on a GT but I think you need some other parts to use them. I think it was Epiphany that did some side by side comparison and he would be able to more accurately tell you the correct answer on this.
Yes I saw that vid. Which made me wonder if a normal gt spindle would interchange front and rear or not.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I saw that vid. Which made me wonder if a normal gt spindle would interchange front and rear or not.
I think we're scratching our collective heads wondering what on earth are you trying to do that you want to go the 'wrong' way with parts changes.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
If you gut the suspension and start over you can use GT350 hardware on your GT. If you are looking to mix and match then no.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GTFORMULA

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think we're scratching our collective heads wondering what on earth are you trying to do that you want to go the 'wrong' way with parts changes.
Drag suspension and brakes. Taking tons of rotating mass out. I already have a set of aerospace rear drag brakes and a set of stock 2018 gt front brakes from my old car. I have already run 15x10s on my old setup too.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The radial mount on the GT350/GT500 spindles are geared towards big brakes. I'd stick with the GT hardware and any number of parts that are readily available to do what you are looking for.

OP
OP
GTFORMULA

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The radial mount on the GT350/GT500 spindles are geared towards big brakes. I'd stick with the GT hardware and any number of parts that are readily available to do what you are looking for.
I agree. I just need to know if they will swap overand all the parts match up. Or if I want to buy Bmr parts they fit. Plus the ebrake issue if unplugged.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I screwed up a knuckle bearing install and accidentally ordered a gt350 LCA for my 2020 GT, it was close but not the same. The wheel speed sensor was not in the correct location.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I screwed up a knuckle bearing install and accidentally ordered a gt350 LCA for my 2020 GT, it was close but not the same. The wheel speed sensor was not in the correct location.
That’s interesting I was under the impression you could use a 350 front spindle but need to change some other parts. Didn’t realize the speed sensor was in a different location. So you might not be able to use the spindle then.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
The speed sensor ion the rear LCA is different from the GT to GT350. The GT350 has a drum e-brake system that pushes the wheel out roughly 3/8” more than the GT. This is why the hole for the sensor is drilled roughly 3/8” further out on the GT350. Otherwise they are exactly the same.

The front knuckle is the same on both cars.as far as speed sensor location. The GT350 front knuckle is different when it comes to the front caliper mounting, so the GT caliper will not mount on the GT350 knuckle, and vice versa.

The wheel bearing assembly will interchange between both models.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
The speed sensor ion the rear LCA is different from the GT to GT350. The GT350 has a drum e-brake system that pushes the wheel out roughly 3/8” more than the GT. This is why the hole for the sensor is drilled roughly 3/8” further out on the GT350. Otherwise they are exactly the same.

The front knuckle is the same on both cars.as far as speed sensor location. The GT350 front knuckle is different when it comes to the front caliper mounting, so the GT caliper will not mount on the GT350 knuckle, and vice versa.

Jame I thought I read that as well at some point that the front knuckles were interchangeable but one part had to be changed with it for it to work. I can’t remember what the associated 350 part was though. At one point some one though the front struts needed to be changed as well and maybe. I think the tension rod and or lca has to be changed as well to use the front knuckle on a GT. I wonder if the track width is altered as well. I’d assume if the front LCA has to be used it is changed.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A

And one of the holes for a bolt is smaller, I drilled it out to fit before I realized the speed sensor was also different.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jame I thought I read that as well at some point that the front knuckles were interchangeable but one part had to be changed with it for it to work. I can’t remember what the associated 350 part was though. At one point some one though the front struts needed to be changed as well and maybe. I think the tension rod and or lca has to be changed as well to use the front knuckle on a GT. I wonder if the track width is altered as well. I’d assume if the front LCA has to be used it is changed.
On my last car, I did a complete GT to GT350 brake swap. For the front, I had to install a custom made bracket to the GT knuckle so the GT350 caliper could mount to it. Everything else stayed stock GT.

For the rear, I had to swap the e-brake cables (due to drum style e-brake), rear LCA (due to the sensor hole location), and then install the GT350 e-brake assembly, along with an e-brake cable bracket to complete the install. The wheel bearing bolts are now also slightly longer to accommodate the width of the e-brake assembly. Everything else stayed stock GT.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And one of the holes for a bolt is smaller, I drilled it out to fit before I realized the speed sensor was also different.
I can't remember if I had to do this........ Maybe I did, my brain sucks lately.
Sponsored