JDev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Hi Everybody,

New guy here just thought I'd introduce myself. I am the proud owner of a 2017 Shelby GT350. Interested in potentially buying a 2020 GT500 w/CF Track Package.

I know it's a little early on, but if anyone has any track data from the 2020 GT500 on a Road Coarse, it would be great if you would share it in this thread.

It's great to be here, THANK YOU!!!

v/r
Johnny
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ford has not released any of those numbers (yet) (if at all).

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I know it's a little early on..
Welcome, Johnny and as for data, as Tom said, there isn't much. Plus, Ford has not shipped a single customer car yet so you'll have to wait until a few of the dedicated track folks chime in.

OP
OP

JDev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I'm dying to see what magic Ford has in the car to handle the turns with that kind of weight

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hmmm.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
IMHO the 350R will beat the base GT500 at the track, and I believe the price of both show that. The track GT500 should beat it as it’s set up similar to the R but with much more HP. Yes it’s a lot heavier, but can’t see Ford pricing it that much higher and still loosing to the R. This would get many very upset.

OP
OP

JDev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
IMHO the 350R will beat the base GT500 at the track, and I believe the price of both show that. The track GT500 should beat it as it’s set up similar to the R but with much more HP. Yes it’s a lot heavier, but can’t see Ford pricing it that much higher and still loosing to the R. This would get many very upset.
Yes my thoughts exactly. All the reviews I've seen of the GT500 with Track Package comment on how much more precise and nimble the car feels over the base model. I'm figuring the new CF wheels, Aero and suspension settings along with the DCT amount to a monster that belies the weight of this beast!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
IMHO the 350R will beat the base GT500 at the track, and I believe the price of both show that.
Put the GT350R on a set of 4S's instead of Cup2's and you see just how much difference a tire makes at the track. Let the Base GT500 fight with both hands and I have this strange suspicion that any pontificating about the GT350R being victorious here gets erased rather quickly. Stock is stock, blah, blah, blah, but for those that track they see the 4S as something to burn up quickly such that a set of Cup2's can be installed.

OP
OP

JDev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Put the GT350R on a set of 4S's instead of Cup2's and you see just how much difference a tire makes at the track. Let the Base GT500 fight with both hands and I have this strange suspicion that any pontificating about the GT350R being victorious here gets erased rather quickly. Stock is stock, blah, blah, blah, but for those that track they see the 4S as something to burn up quickly such that a set of Cup2's can be installed.
very good point! in case I left that out I'm interested in what the GT500 w/Track Package can turn laps in, not the base car. The Track Package does include 20 inch Cup 2's.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
And I'm interested in what the Base car runs with a Cup2 as that is all the bulk of us were able to procure. Gonna be a major win if real world results show just how close the cars really are when everybody gets to run the same tire.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
And I'm interested in what the Base car runs with a Cup2 as that is all the bulk of us were able to procure. Gonna be a major win if real world results show just how close the cars really are when everybody gets to run the same tire.
For sure, the base guy saving nearly 20k can use that for more hard core track parts. Bigger wing, 10lb tillet seats or seat, lithium battery, pirelli scrubs, lighter forgeline wheels, anderson composite CF panels and parts. I mean the track pack GT500 has some sick ass wheels, but thats about it after looking at the ford site.

OP
OP

JDev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
For sure, the base guy saving nearly 20k can use that for more hard core track parts. Bigger wing, 10lb tillet seats or seat, lithium battery, pirelli scrubs, lighter forgeline wheels, anderson composite CF panels and parts. I mean the track pack GT500 has some sick ass wheels, but thats about it after looking at the ford site.
True dat! ...wonder what it would cost to trick out a base gt500 with all those goodies you mentioned?

the handling package (gurney flap + splitter wickers $1500- bucks) with Cup2's should be a noticable improvement from reviews I've seen based on my layman experience.

Honestly, the looks of the gt4 wing is a bit of a downer for me, I like the base model aero better. But functionality I'm sure the big wing rocks. In my mind I just wonder how much performance diff with the base and gurney flap/wickers?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Don't disagree with your comments but I personally feel that spending the extra $18,500 for the CFTP option is actually a pretty good deal especially for those that intend to seriously track their GT500 and even for those of us that will not track our cars I really like the way the car is set up with this option package.

From what I recall here are some of the main differences between a Base GT500 versus the CFTP option.

* Cup 2 Tires
* Rear Gurney Flap
* GT4 adjustable Carbon Fiber Wing
* Rear seat delete
* Exposed Carbon Fiber lightweight wheels
* Larger rear wheels
* Adjustable strut top mounts which will allow for increased front camber adjustments
* Lower ride height which will allow for a better center of gravity

As mentioned earlier the most significant difference these two cars from a track performance standpoint will be the Cup 2 tires versus the 4S tires but the weight reduction in the unsprung CF wheels will also be a significant factor as well.

I also would suggest that being able to adjust the strut top mounts resulting in some much required/needed negative front camber along with stickier tires will certainly enhance improved track times.

Each to their own but for $18,500 this option package is a good deal IMO (replacing the CF wheels alone is more than the total option price) especially if we compare it to the $10,000 OTT Painted Stripe option which I think really enhances the look of these cars but not sure if I want to go that route quite yet.

Depending on the design and layout of a specific road course do not be surprised if the Base GT500 is not faster than a 2020 R model but again all subject to the what road course is chosen for the comparison.

:sunglasses:

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Depending on the design and layout of a specific road course do not be surprised if the Base GT500 is not faster than a 2020 R model but again all subject to the what road course is chosen for the comparison.
Really the track pack with lighter wheels and cup2s will lap faster? You dont say. LOL

18,500 is a lotta money and can go for a hard core setup than the track pack. You can get forgelines and slicks which drop the weight just like the carbon wheels did. Only difference in that setup is the slicks are lighter than cup2s and will have more grip.

Also the gt4 wing is designed for a lighter car with 450hp. These cars with 760hp can benefit from a bigger wing, APR will be making them.

I like the carbon wheels but the top setup pushing this car to $100k (after TTL) for me leaves a lot on the table.
Nothing stopping a TP owner from doing the mods I mentioned.
Sponsored