Sponsored

2020 GT500 REVIEWS Compilation

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Well when all you have to do is set your rpm via a button and put your foot to the floor- what else is there? Its like a video game. Again I saw suits and middle age women who never drag raced a car in their life go low 11's even 10's with relative ease- that doesn't mean its NOT a drivers car, it just means its easy to drive. (At least on the strip) I don't see why that's a bad thing?
Ask the GTR guys and gals. They have had the stigma for a bit.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Ninjak: I'm curious, are you old enough to have driven a car without power steering or brakes? I believe the analogy works for the new vehicle as well. Technology helps the driver, it doesn't hinder him/her, it just makes it easier to drive well.

It's the same thing in an aircraft, technology USUALLY makes it easier for a pilot to fly well, although both the big two manufacturers seem to have gone overboard in that department and PERHAPS Ford has as well but personally, I'm not complaining.

Bottom line is, if you prefer to drive a car without the current technology, there are plenty of "pre-owned" vehicles out there for purchase. I say go with what you want.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Keller: Did you get the impression that C&D was a little biased towards the competition?
A little bit yes.
The thing I got out of the article is that they can’t drive.
I know they test on no prep but a 11.8 quarter mile in a Hellcat Redeye is terrible.
11.4 in the GT500 is pretty bad too.
Using launch control on the street doesn’t make any sense to me. Just roll into the throttle.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
The thing I got out of the article is that they can’t drive.
Definitely that too! <laughing> Heck, once the kid pulled a 10.7, I would be embarrassed were I the author of that article. They let a 19-year old with zero strip experience, whup their butts.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Definitely that too! <laughing> Heck, once the kid pulled a 10.7, I would be embarrassed were I the author of that article. They let a 19-year old with zero strip experience, whup their butts.
Pretty much.
He ran 10.66 on a good prep track.
They should of managed a 11.1 at least.

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I hope this is the right thread. I hope to write a long review later on my thoughts as car season gets underway. My only gripe so far is there's nothing special about the interior except seats. The plastic area where the drive dial is such a sore thumb. Its nice all around it except there. I 'm hoping for an after market cover.
Everything is on point, but wish they brought back the old seat belts and not the loop snap.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
I hope this is the right thread. I hope to write a long review later on my thoughts as car season gets underway. My only gripe so far is there's nothing special about the interior except seats. The plastic area where the drive dial is such a sore thumb. Its nice all around it except there. I 'm hoping for an after market cover.
Everything is on point, but wish they brought back the old seat belts and not the loop snap.
Not sure if you like Alcantara (many people here don't), Auto-Fanatic will cover the center console and it looks amazing. I had them do the dash trim (I am not a fan of carbon fiber) and they will be doing the console too.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Interesting, Mark and I think I would like the center console in alcantara.

Now, if I can keep my left foot still AND stop reaching for that dang gear shift, I may get through this ordeal. <chuckling>

And..both my wife and I want to push the volume button to start and stop the engine motor thingy. <really laughing now> Why'd they put it right down there where you can't see it?

And what's up with no push button Oh En Oh Eff Eff for the audio? Is that only in the B&O gear? Damn it, I'm accustomed to killing the tunes with the push button VOLUME button. WTF, O?

It's also gonna take some time to get that steering wheel buttonology down. Presently, three of our vehicles, all with a dozen steering wheel buttons and guess what, they're all friggin' different! It becomes a safety issue for this old geezer trying to figure out where the button I WANT is and next thing I know, I'm drifting toward the edge of the road.

I still keep forgetting to look at that left paddle for a scratch. Hell, lemme go look...BRB.

Nope, no marks on either paddle.

I am also surprised at the side by side comparison of my '14 with this one. The '14 actually looks like a bigger vehicle and it's definitely taller although I can't quote the lengths. It's amazing when I thought the new car would look SO much bigger.

I'm rambling, probably punch drunk.

Anyway, if you get your hands on any photos of their alcantara work Mark, I'd love to see it. We have a whole lot of "upholstery" type outfits down here in South Texas and I feel certain they could do the same thing.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Kent, first of all, congratulations on finally getting your car and from the photos you took which are some of the best I have seen of Rapid Red, it gives me second thoughts that I went with Performance Blue..... Here are some photos from their website of the quality work they do. My dash panels look perfect and I assume the console will look just as good when I get it done. The console in the photo is for a GT350 but you get the idea.

I found some GT350 door panels with Alcantara inserts with white stitching. I removed the inserts and will be installing them in the GT500 door panels. I am not a fan of that single white stripe in the insert anyway. Too many random white stripes in that interior for me.

Alcantara-Console.jpg
Gt350_DASH.jpg
Screen-Shot-2018-06-01-at-1.43.59-PM.png
Shelby-Dash.jpg

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
Hey Kent, first of all, congratulations on finally getting your car and from the photos you took which are some of the best I have seen of Rapid Red, it gives me second thoughts that I went with Performance Blue..... Here are some photos from their website of the quality work they do. My dash panels look perfect and I assume the console will look just as good when I get it done. The console in the photo is for a GT350 but you get the idea.

I found some GT350 door panels with Alcantara inserts with white stitching. I removed the inserts and will be installing them in the GT500 door panels. I am not a fan of that single white stripe in the insert anyway. Too many random white stripes in that interior for me.

Alcantara-Console.jpg
Gt350_DASH.jpg
Screen-Shot-2018-06-01-at-1.43.59-PM.png
Shelby-Dash.jpg
What is there Website?
Sponsored