Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The inverse is also true. Due to the GT500's less performance oriented chassis/suspension, it needed over 100hp just to match the ZLE.
Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
The problem is that 100hp, doesnt allow it to match, it allows it to beat it, in every aspect, repeatedly
I canā€™t think of any car in the same general market that beats another car in that market in every aspect.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The LL was 4/10's of a second difference between ZLE and GT500 CFTP. That's a bit of a wash. At the digs, the GT500 ends up with a good time and speed but is an utter dog off the line.

The car that can do more with less is doing pretty damn good in my book.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
1- no, the base Gt500 is "base" in name only base Gt500 is $73k its a better value- faster in turns, faster on a strip, more comfortable on the road, more driver enjoyment/involvement
win/win/win/win
Did i miss the base car on OEM tires beating a ZLE track time? Or do you mean just actually carrying more speed through some corners? I would think a base car would have itā€™s hands full at the track unless thereā€™s a tire swap...guessing thatā€™d be a driverā€™s race.

itā€™d also be tough arguing driver involvement vs a ZLE too as itā€™s just so subjective and you can still get one with a 6spd.

drag racing and comfort is no doubt going to the 500, looking like Iā€™ll get to drive one at the end of march and i cant wait

Sponsored

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
The inverse is also true. Due to the GT500's less performance oriented chassis/suspension, it needed over 100hp just to match the ZLE.
So using your logic the ZL1's less performance oriented chassis/suspension had to have a 124-hp, and 221-tq, advantage to barely beat out the 350R correct?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 or ZLE? Please clarify so we can begin.

And are we now mixing FI powered cars with NA in this inverse logic comparison?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The LL was 4/10's of a second difference between ZLE and GT500 CFTP. That's a bit of a wash. At the digs, the GT500 ends up with a good time and speed but is an utter dog off the line.

The car that can do more with less is doing pretty damn good in my book.
Did i miss the base car on OEM tires beating a ZLE track time? Or do you mean just actually carrying more speed through some corners? I would think a base car would have itā€™s hands full at the track unless thereā€™s a tire swap...guessing thatā€™d be a driverā€™s race.

itā€™d also be tough arguing driver involvement vs a ZLE too as itā€™s just so subjective and you can still get one with a 6spd.

drag racing and comfort is no doubt going to the 500, looking like Iā€™ll get to drive one at the end of march and i cant wait
According them, you have to go by the ORIGINAL year offering, for the 2017 1LE, thats the ONLY time that matters.. Its their rules, not mine. In that regard, the 2020 BASE kills it

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
According them, you have to go by the ORIGINAL year offering, for the 2017 1LE, thats the ONLY time that matters.. Its their rules, not mine. In that regard, the 2020 BASE kills it
maybe because it didn't exist?

Sponsored

503rwhp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
1992 Mustang LX Convertible, 2017 Porsche 911S
ZL1 or ZLE? Please clarify so we can begin.

And are we now mixing FI powered cars with NA in this inverse logic comparison?
Does a carā€™s aspiration type determine what class it belongs in? Does a 911 GT3RS that is n/a operate in a different stratosphere than a GT500 but in the same as a GT350R?
Iā€™d compare price more closely than engine aspiration but none of it matters to me. Iā€™m not big on abstract press based dick measuring contests. I just enjoy driving these great toys these automakers are building at the twilight of the gas fueled car era.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You've said it doesn't matter to you repeatedly yet here you are.

You ask...

Does a carā€™s aspiration type determine what class it belongs in?
In the context of the discussion we were having, GT500 CFTP and the ZLE, I think that's obvious. Similar chassis, aero, and both are forced induction. Fair to say they are for the most part similar. Ford offers a "lesser" version (to some anyway) in the Base GT500 as does GM with the ZL1, the idea being more street composed than the more track focused brethren. So when somebody decides to compare the NA GT350R to a FI ZL1, do you see the difference (especially with respect to the original context)? Or is this still all about the stock market? If you don't, then there's really only one king at the track. Hi.

Last edited:

503rwhp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)

You ask...

In the context of the discussion we were having, GT500 CFTP and the ZLE, I think that's obvious. Similar chassis, aero, and both are forced induction. Fair to say they are for the most part similar. Ford offers a "lesser" version (to some anyway) in the Base GT500 as does GM with the ZL1, the idea being more street composed than the more track focused brethren. So when somebody decides to compare the NA GT350R to a FI ZL1, do you see the difference (especially with respect to the original context)? Or is this still all about the stock market? If you don't, then there's really only one king at the track.
You most certainly are a feisty lass.
I asked a question. Donā€™t get your panties twisted up into a wad.

503rwhp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)

You ask...

In the context of the discussion we were having, GT500 CFTP and the ZLE, I think that's obvious. Similar chassis, aero, and both are forced induction. Fair to say they are for the most part similar. Ford offers a "lesser" version (to some anyway) in the Base GT500 as does GM with the ZL1, the idea being more street composed than the more track focused brethren. So when somebody decides to compare the NA GT350R to a FI ZL1, do you see the difference (especially with respect to the original context)? Or is this still all about the stock market? If you don't, then there's really only one king at the track.
and to be clear, you were the one who objected to a question I didnā€™t ask. Donā€™t look at me for following up to your abstract objection to a question I didnā€™t ask. Itā€™s just a. Car, not religion.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You most certainly are a feisty lass.
I asked a question. Donā€™t get your panties twisted up into a wad.
We can do this all day. You fire the shot and I'll respond in kind. And if you see panties, I'd proffer it is you that are a twisted wad. And to quote you, that doesn't matter much to me.

and to be clear, you were the one who objected to a question I didnā€™t ask. Donā€™t look at me for following up to your abstract objection to a question I didnā€™t ask. Itā€™s just a. Car, not religion.
To clarify whatever gibberish that was, what was the question you think you never asked?

And I think everyone knows this is about a car. This isn't the stock market and it sure as hell isn't religion. There was never any doubt.
Sponsored