2020 GT500 Production

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Any blip on the radar about when production might start on the GT500.
Sponsored

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
From what I have seen September 9th I think is start of production. Could very well be wrong though.

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Any blip on the radar about when production might start on the GT500.
So far the only confirmed date that I have heard is “the week of Sept 27”. I called Ford Performance and my order has not been assigned a build date or a VIN. The rep said that they will build through October and into early November, but then they wouldn’t build again until March.

Here’s hoping that we don’t have to wait until March. I would love at least a couple of weeks of driving her around until she gets packed up for the winter.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
So far the only confirmed date that I have heard is “the week of Sept 27”. I called Ford Performance and my order has not been assigned a build date or a VIN. The rep said that they will build through October and into early November, but then they wouldn’t build again until March.

Here’s hoping that we don’t have to wait until March. I would love at least a couple of weeks of driving her around until she gets packed up for the winter.
Are they haulting ALL GT500 production in early November? Or just the CFTP cars bc of the sport cup 2 tires?

It was my understanding that base models would continue to roll down the line and be delivered all winter. (Blizzaks in the trunk)

Sponsored

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Are they haulting ALL GT500 production in early November? Or just the CFTP cars bc of the sport cup 2 tires?

It was my understanding that base models would continue to roll down the line and be delivered all winter. (Blizzaks in the trunk)
My understanding is that they will continue production till thanksgiving then they will pick back up after the first of the year. Dearborn shuts down production most years for Christmas anyways, at least a week sometimes 2 depends on when holiday falls. this year I'm hearing they will be shut down completely from the 23rd till the 2nd but maybe the 30th. With a limited workforce the month of December they will focus on other cars and not put the GT500 through the production line as a lot of the car is hand built (Engine in particular). For those with a base model there is a good chance that yours maybe built in November though I do believe most of us will not see our cars until January for delivery at least.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I was about to post this very same question, but more detailed

When do the engines get built?
How many cars per week, roughly
How many cars ship at a time
How long is from day of production, to shipping, if no issues

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Well im getting a base, not sure i want to take delivery in Dec due to the weather in PA.
Like you all say , its a waiting game.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

It's my understanding that Ford won't build any cars with summer only tires during the winter months.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone catch a GT500 around or near Flat Rock? I'm in Michigan on a vacation and thinking about taking a trip there to hopefully take a glimpse of a GT500 or will it be a waste of time since it won't be in production until September?

Sponsored
OP
OP
fastergt350

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Well im getting a base, not sure i want to take delivery in Dec due to the weather in PA.
Like you all say , its a waiting game.
Yeah lets all hope, being from the northern states that we get at least 2 weeks of driving before of storing them for the winter. But then again now we can actually know that 1 of 5000 I have the keys for.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500

WHY would they not build anything from early NOV. to March???? Thats a period of around 4 months of no production. That makes no sense to me. So a person at Ford Performance Customer Service told you that??? If that is true then you are talking a long long long time until some of us get their cars. May, June, July of 2020?????

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I was about to post this very same question, but more detailed

When do the engines get built?
How many cars per week, roughly
How many cars ship at a time
How long is from day of production, to shipping, if no issues
I was told they can only build 9 cars per day of the GT 500's. I don't know if this is 100% accurate but thats what I was told.

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WHY would they not build anything from early NOV. to March???? Thats a period of around 4 months of no production. That makes no sense to me. So a person at Ford Performance Customer Service told you that??? If that is true then you are talking a long long long time until some of us get their cars. May, June, July of 2020?????

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s correct. They do not build any of the cars with the performance tires during that time. He wasn’t specific as to why.
Sponsored