2020 GT500 Powertrain Fault

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2021 Bronco First Edition
If its completely stock make Ford sort it out!
Sponsored

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
I already have a call into dealership and spoke with GM of shop.
He has no idea but said he would look into it.
I figured I would approach it as well and maybe one of us will get a solution.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I just sent you a message. This is a little vague so I’m curious if you can elaborate.
i know what it is, but not what he changed. im sorry i cant be of more help other than thats the difference in tuners and why one has tuned 40+, and others just the shop cars. if you go back to stock and dont get it anymore, its the tune and issue im referencing. if it happens still, see below, but id bet good $ on tune. exact symptoms i had day 1 tuning and then never again after ken did his magic

My car had the wrench again last night. Definitely not an overtemp.
Just drove 5 minutes to store. Trans was 112, oil was 175ish.
Parked it all was fine. Came back out and in startup.... the wrench. Said check manual with no other message at all.
Shut it of and started again and wrench was still there.
After 10 seconds or so, wrench went away and no issues with drivability found.

????? What the hell.

No codes or anything strange on OBD Scanner. Cheap version of one but nothing recorded that it gave me back.

This is getting annoying.
yours is likely a factory dct issue, ive seen/heard of a few going in for replacement

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Following up.
Couldn't locate any obvious loose connections, not sure if all wires are pinned out correctly.

Went to dealership, even though they seem to be avoiding issues and call backs, they hooked the car up and did a full scan on the electronics.

With the exception of one sync fault that the mechanic said was no issue, possibly low battery during shipping, there were no faults at all found.
The mechanic and the service writer both seemed to be very responsive and willing to help with the car. Much appreciated.
His suggestion was to keep driving and see if the wrench pops up again.

Car runs and drives fine, definitely kills dinos, 12-14 mph is where its at and that is not racing the car at all. I have gotten on it, but far from anything close to racing.
I wonder if this car will drink a full tank in two 20 minute sessions, maybe three sessions MAX.

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Following up.
Couldn't locate any obvious loose connections, not sure if all wires are pinned out correctly.

Went to dealership, even though they seem to be avoiding issues and call backs, they hooked the car up and did a full scan on the electronics.

With the exception of one sync fault that the mechanic said was no issue, possibly low battery during shipping, there were no faults at all found.
The mechanic and the service writer both seemed to be very responsive and willing to help with the car. Much appreciated.

Car runs and drives fine, definitely kills dinos, 12-14 mph is where its at and that is not racing the car at all. I have gotten on it, but far from anything close to racing.
I wonder if this car will drink a full tank in two 20 minute sessions, maybe three sessions MAX.
I still have the issue and next is to put it back to stock and trouble shoot from there. I’ll be out of town so might take me a few weeks to get it all back to stock. I’ll keep you posted.

Sponsored

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
Following up.

I was at Charlotte motor Speedway a couple of weeks ago. You’ll use almost a tank of fuel per session. I got 4.7mpg on track at the end of the session computer would tell me I had 36 miles till empty. However I never put more than 11 gallons in the car.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Sweet. Making sure those dinos stay dead.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
did LUND ever get back to you? i heard their after sale service leaves a lot to be desired, so curious of they even responded, let alone found and fixed the issue

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Hey tonight I graduated to a check engine light. I’ll see if I can read it in a few minutes.
On the gas the car tries downshifting and then bucks, farts and does nothing but snap your neck.
So much for 100K of quality and 700 miles later.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Looks like oil pressure sensor bad.
first code 521, then oils pressure now reads 125 at hot idle.

got to love it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like oil pressure sensor bad.
first code 521, then oils pressure now reads 125 at hot idle.

got to love it.
Howd you figure out it’s a bad oil pressure sensor ?

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Check engine threw the code first and then the gauge screwed up. Now it’s stuck at 128.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
That oil sensor issue is not specific to the gt500, it seems its faulty sensor throughout as my step daughter has a 2018 mustang (the pony version) and she has had that happen 2x in 2 years, the first time I drove the car to the dealer and noticed at high rpm's or at 45mph+ it worked but lower it would not, now last week it happened again.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Yay to cheap foreign made junk.
Sponsored