Sponsored

2020 GT500 PCM and TCM Updated Calibrations from Ford?

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
No Earl, it was delivered the first week of Feb.
Yes, but yours was produced on 10/28/2019.

Updating the software is not on the PDI list, but I wondered if my dealer did it.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Well now, I'm curious as well, Earl but I think Tob's ETIS display confirms that the PDI didn't include a flash. If they had done any of them, I'm gonna presume that ETIS would now indicate a new version which isn't the case for any of the three.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Updating the software is not on the PDI list, but I wondered if my dealer did it.
I wanted to look at your data via ETIS but the I couldn't see the last 4 of your VIN...

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Thanks Jaime. So you're TCU is forwarding driving data to Ford and you look to have the early TCM and PCM calibrations.

I had a member forward me his VIN on a recent GT500 build. A CFTP car, built at the end of June. I blocked the last four numbers of his VIN from the screenshot but suffice to say it was in the mid-2300 range. Look at the last two letters of his TCM and PCM calibrations...

1FA6P8SJ9L5502321HIGHLIGHTED.jpg

His LM and BG would seem to indicate he has the latest calibrations, and may have the delay programmed out of his TCM. Interesting that his TCU module has yet to update.
So since this looks like mine considering the displayed vin matches mine, are you saying mine has the delay removed on launch?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
100% can confirm tcm cal update, it does in fact eliminate the lag when launching. What else it does, i do not know.
Im also aware of other tcm cal updates that may or may not be coming for public release

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the confirmation, Steve and roger on potential pending updates.

As for the stores, I got a reply from my buddy...

"Ford will not warranty a reflash without a condition. I can write up a repair order and the updates can be done under diagnostic time. Charge is $162 if you are inclined."

I knew it wouldn't be a warranty thing, I was just hoping that they'd do it at normal hourly rates and, they will.

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Thanks for the confirmation, Steve and roger on potential pending updates.

As for the stores, I got a reply from my buddy...

"Ford will not warranty a reflash without a condition. I can write up a repair order and the updates can be done under diagnostic time. Charge is $162 if you are inclined."

I knew it wouldn't be a warranty thing, I was just hoping that they'd do it at normal hourly rates and, they will.
Hmmmm. Now would'nt a bog at WOT be considered a "condition?"

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Now would'nt a bog at WOT be considered a "condition?"
Hmmm...is right, Snake and that is a very good point, considering that the car is designed to "launch." I'll have to run that by my Service friend.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
So since this looks like mine considering the displayed vin matches mine, are you saying mine has the delay removed on launch?
I just looked at your VIN in ETIS (I pm'd it to you) and you have the most recent calibration, both LM and BG suffixes.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I just left the dealership, and I was told by the tech that he updated both the PCM and TCM to the newest versions.

I had told them that I was experiencing driving issues, like delayed shifting and occasional sputtering. I also said there are codes in memory, but not ones that trip the CEL.

He drove it directly into the shop, with no test drive (I checked my dash cam recording). He spent about a 1/2 hour updating the modules, then drove it directly back to where I parked it with no test drive (again, I checked my dash cam recording).

The service writer said they do not normally just do calibration without TSB's because warranty doesn't cover it (I knew this), but instructed the tech to do it anyway. I walked out in under an hour with zero cost to me. It is great to have a good service department.

I just checked on ETIS, no changes yet, but I will confirm using Forscan later this afternoon and update you all.

I used launch control on my way to the dealership to refresh my memory on how it feels, and again on the way back. I do believe there is a difference in a better way, however the delay is not "gone". I would say it feels like its launching stronger, and a smidge quicker, just not the second the brake pedal is released...........

Last edited:

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
You had to ruin the wet dream didn't you? I didn't even get a chance to enjoy it......effen typical....

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's official, they were updated.

Also, I had another go with launch control on the way home from work, and it is definitely better than it was.

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 4.39.50 PM.png