Sponsored

2020 GT500 Oxford White With Painted Stripes For Sale At My Local Dealer.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
And not looking around too hard, we found sam a 5K ADM for a base. I've seen MSRP deals being passed along from other members due to this pandemic.

So, I don't think that anyone would pay 20K for a golden ticket when all it gets them is painted stripes. Well.... Again.... I guess there is an ass for every seat. I think PT also said "there is a sucker born every minute".
I agree.
However I think it’s more like a sucker is born every second.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I agree.
However I think it’s more like a sucker is born every second.
Ha! id have to agree, but that was the quote

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Very true.

However one thing to consider with the CFTP GT500 is the cargo weight.
I believe the GVWR of the car is only 360 pounds more then the car itself.
Wow! I thought the 500 lb passenger/cargo limit for my '91 GMC Sonoma V6 4x4 pickup was bad.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
However one thing to consider with the CFTP GT500 is the cargo weight.
I believe the GVWR of the car is only 360 pounds more then the car itself.
What's up with that anyway, anyone know? Tob brought this up awhile back. I forget what his sticker showed for a Base.

I mean not that you could get a whole lot in the trunk of one of these cars but 360 pounds? That's two average adults or thereabouts and zero luggage.

Just curious and bored, waiting to hear how Day 1 went in Charlotte. POURING down rain here and has been all morning. I bet we've been getting over an inch an hour.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
What's up with that anyway, anyone know? Tob brought this up awhile back. I forget what his sticker showed for a Base.

I mean not that you could get a whole lot in the trunk of one of these cars but 360 pounds? That's two average adults or thereabouts and zero luggage.

Just curious and bored, waiting to hear how Day 1 went in Charlotte. POURING down rain here and has been all morning. I bet we've been getting over an inch an hour.
I think I saw one in the for sale section here at 6G some time ago. Don't know if it ever sold or not. They are out there, including R owners that pulled them for whatever reason.

And this is what concerned FP about whether or not many would see the price charged as being acceptable. If FP offered it again and charged $850 (I'm talking street price as retail is going to be silly high, as always), would that be unacceptable?

Maybe Tom will part with the one he mentioned is collecting dust...? There are delete kits out there. Heck I got lucky and was able to find one with some help.

Something I wanted to share regarding one of the differences between the Base and CFTP cars that doesn't normally get brought up - loading capacity. After all with different springs and wheels/tires, the CFTP car is indeed considered a two seater with it's rear seat delete and is rated differently than the Base car. KB worked his magic on some shots of the stickers I gave him from the door jamb on my '20 Base and compared them to shots from his '20 CFTP. I highlighted the seating capacity numbers but look below that, where it says "the combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed..."

both-sticker_02%20highlighted-X2.jpg

Considering the age demographic that likely buys these cars I sense those numbers are exceeded constantly.

Now look at the GAWR numbers between the two on the next pair of jamb stickers...

both-sticker_01-X2.png

Moral of the story, only skinny guys should be driving CFTP cars. If you are a plus size guy (lol) stick to the Base car (or pilates 5 times a week).

Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
The Hellcats are like 1,000 lbs I believe. I would think the 660 lbs on the base gt500 should be enough for most people.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Well, there you go, Tom and obviously, Jaime isn't alone. But, thinking about it further, I can see where this might be the choice of some folks.
To quote a used car salesmen I once knew "there's an ass for every seat". That's not a good look for the car.

Pep

Sponsored

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
I think I would probably go for the painted stripes and base model also, even though I didn’t have the option. I did have my vinyl stripes covered with Xpel and Ceramic Pro also to keep them fresh though. And Keller, if you’re ever passing through the Missouri area, send me a PM and I’ll let you take mine for a spin since you live in Illinois. Then you’ll know if you really want one without any hassle.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
I think I would probably go for the painted stripes and base model also, even though I didn’t have the option. I did have my vinyl stripes covered with Xpel and Ceramic Pro also to keep them fresh though. And Keller, if you’re ever passing through the Missouri area, send me a PM and I’ll let you take mine for a spin since you live in Illinois. Then you’ll know if you really want one without any hassle.
Thank you very much for the offer.
I will very likely take you up on that some time.

Deleted member 37397

Well what’s dumber, a base with painted stripes, or somebody buying an R or a CFTP and never tracking it and selling /putting aside the carbon fiber wheels. I like this 500 with these options, but no freaking way would I pay adm for it

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
My local dealership just got another GT500 in.

CFTP in Iconic Silver with painted stripes.
This is the first CFTP one I have seen in person.
I have to say it’s on another level compared to the base GT500 as far as the looks go.
Don’t get me wrong, I would love to have a base but if I get one I think I will have to get a CFTP.
The wing really balances out the front end well in my opinion.
Here’s a cold start video and a couple pictures as well as the link to the dealership website.
They are asking $20,000 ADM
https://www.marionford.com/new/Ford...d0a0e0ae717df4f92276ff799.htm?searchDepth=1:1

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
BF524ED9-78E1-411A-946F-18E771C1F1EF.jpeg
C9F757D3-0394-4F95-BA23-BB103BC420B3.jpeg