rivero92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ariel
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 AMB GT500, 1996 KN6 R33 GTR
Hi everyone,

I am on the hunt for either a left-over 2020 GT500 or a 2021 allocation but do not want to pay any ADM. Is this possible given the car market situation? Does anyone have any leads of a leftover being sold at MSRP or any dealer giving allocations at MSRP? Thank you!
Sponsored

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
All dealers get cars below MSRP that’s how they make money.

Many have put mark ups on these cars because they are getting it from people who are willing to pay over MSRP.

As every car dealer says when customers are out of ear shot, “Every seat has an ass”.

OP
OP
rivero92

rivero92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ariel
Vehicle(s)
All dealers get cars below MSRP that’s how they make money.

Many have put mark ups on these cars because they are getting it from people who are willing to pay over MSRP.

As every car dealer says when customers are out of ear shot, “Every seat has an ass”.
I know dealers get cars at well below MSRP but that wasn't my question lol. If people want to pay over MSRP that's their choice, I'm not one to pay over MSRP. I have an early allocation for a C8 Z06 but was entertaining getting a gt500 to mess around until the Z gets here but not willing to play the ADM game.

GRStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Max, 2021 Mustang GT500
I don’t have a lead but advice for you to take or leave.

I spent about 6 months looking for a 2020 at MSRP. I had no luck. In January I found a dealer willing to order a 2021 at MSRP. I got their last allocation of the year. That may not help you directly, but don’t lose faith and apply yourself. You can make it happen. My local dealer, that I have purchased many Ford trucks from, didn’t have the time of day for me. They had 8 2020 allocations and the same for 2021. I found a dealer with 2 allocations and we did the deal. Leave no stone unturned and it could take some time. The current chip shortage could hurt your cause as well.

OP
OP
rivero92

rivero92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ariel
Vehicle(s)
I don’t have a lead but advice for you to take or leave.

I spent about 6 months looking for a 2020 at MSRP. I had no luck. In January I found a dealer willing to order a 2021 at MSRP. I got their last allocation of the year. That may not help you directly, but don’t lose faith and apply yourself. You can make it happen. My local dealer, that I have purchased many Ford trucks from, didn’t have the time of day for me. They had 8 2020 allocations and the same for 2021. I found a dealer with 2 allocations and we did the deal. Leave no stone unturned and it could take some time. The current chip shortage could hurt your cause as well.
Thanks for your input GRStang, I appreciate the advice. I've been reading about the dreaded chip shortage but I wouldn't mind waiting for a 2021. How long did they say yours would take to build and deliver?

Sponsored

GRStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Max, 2021 Mustang GT500
I ordered 1/18, car was completed 4/6. Just waiting for it to ship.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I ordered 1/18, car was completed 4/6. Just waiting for it to ship.
I ended up purchasing a 2020 optioned almost like Iwould order it. Still no updates the chip shortage

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Did you get it at MSRP?
No, not here in Cali. I could have ordered a 21 from out of state for $1k over. With the electronics part shortage in the current shut down of the plants my guess is you’ll be waiting closer to six months and who wants to ruin a perfectly good summerđŸ˜„

OP
OP
rivero92

rivero92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ariel
Vehicle(s)
No, not here in Cali. I could have ordered a 21 from out of state for $1k over. With the electronics part shortage in the current shut down of the plants my guess is you’ll be waiting closer to six months and who wants to ruin a perfectly good summerđŸ˜„
Damn. But you're in Cali, weather is always so nice there haha. Enjoy the beast man!

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
As someone who paid ADM... I do not regret my decision. Best money I ever spent actually.

As mentioned, you need to start making phone calls, nobody is gonna do the work for you. Be prepared to eat some of the ADM saved on transportation. It is possible though, I wish you good luck.

OP
OP
rivero92

rivero92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ariel
Vehicle(s)
As someone who paid ADM... I do not regret my decision. Best money I ever spent actually.

As mentioned, you need to start making phone calls, nobody is gonna do the work for you. Be prepared to eat some of the ADM saved on transportation. It is possible though, I wish you good luck.
Yea I hear you, I am constantly contacting dealers to see if they will sell for MSRP but we'll see. If anything, I just have the itch since I'm waiting on chevy to reveal the C8 Z06. Once that happens, I most likely will not be interested in the shelby.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yea I hear you, I am constantly contacting dealers to see if they will sell for MSRP but we'll see. If anything, I just have the itch since I'm waiting on chevy to reveal the C8 Z06. Once that happens, I most likely will not be interested in the shelby.
Drove it home yesterday. I am trying to keep a very open mind as I have only driven manual transmission cars since I was a kid . So far driving home in normal mode and sport mode the transmission shifted great I have not tried truck or dragstrip yet but I presume the shifting will be even firmer . I think the sweet spot for me to make this all worthwhile and fun is using the paddle shifters because when you tap it, it shifts like “now” and to hear that brap from the exhaust pipe is sweet music to my ears .

OP
OP
rivero92

rivero92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ariel
Vehicle(s)
Drove it home yesterday. I am trying to keep a very open mind as I have only driven manual transmission cars since I was a kid . So far driving home in normal mode and sport mode the transmission shifted great I have not tried truck or dragstrip yet but I presume the shifting will be even firmer . I think the sweet spot for me to make this all worthwhile and fun is using the paddle shifters because when you tap it, it shifts like “now” and to hear that brap from the exhaust pipe is sweet music to my ears .
I've heard nothing but great things about the DCT so I'm sure once you get comfortable you'll love it and will not miss the manual. I have a C6 Z06 right now and I love rowing gears but it does get tiresome at times.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I’m currently shopping for one and I told a local dealer I’m a buyer at MSRP (they have a 30K markup) and he said “ready to buy today?” That’s as far as the conversation went cause he had a 2020 that wasn’t the specs I wanted so I got his card and left.
I’m betting you can find your deal...and even more likely if you have a trade.
Sponsored