Sponsored

2020 GT500 OEM camber plates/Base Handling Pkg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
We've discussed this quite a bit as Ford created confusion regarding whether or not the Base GT500 ordered with the Handling package also included (in a box and not installed) a pair of Ford's adjustable camber plates, such as what is included on the CFTP orders and certain GT350's. When I picked up my GT500 a week ago they were not in the trunk and the parts department at the dealer only had the cover I had ordered.

What I'm trying to do is to verify that any Base car ordered with the Handling Package has also been paired with a set of plates. I'm not talking about what Jimmy said or what cousin Tony heard but rather a shot of the label on the box if you actually received one. And not the miscellaneous parts list sticker stuck to the window of these cars that we've seen that lists them either. The plates come in boxes (unless they are just ordered generically at the counter) that are married to the VIN. Here's a shot depicting a label that is affixed to the boxes - and not the parts label. I highlighted the VIN with XXX being the numbers that should show on the box that would match your VIN if you got them. Look at the lower label under "Direct Shipment" where it says "Y-Release" and is followed by the end of a given VIN.

zz label edited.jpg

Has anyone here with a Base/HP car actually received these plates from their dealer and if so can you post a shot of this specific label for verification? Facing an uphill battle with Ford and am trying to nip this one in the bud.
Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Plates are only included in the Carbon Track package. There hasn’t been any reports of anyone receiving plates with a base handling package.

Only extra in the trunk reported was for the YouTuber SpeedPhenom which had the oil catch can included with his handling package. Don’t know if others received it with their base handling package as well.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People here have reported that the plates for their Base/HP car showed up at the dealer. I'm looking for verification. I'm well aware of Youtoobers as well as what comes with the CFTP cars as I said in my initial post.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
At my dealership today getting the rest of my options installed. Got a set from the parts Dept. That said that the part is shipped to them with your vin number as a reference. Not shipped by ford with the car
Sorry. Thought you were talking about the adjustable struts. And yes I got my struts from the dealer today
@The Chairman,

I can confirm as well that my dealer has received and found the adjustable strut mount kit that was shipped for my car with handling package. What are everyone's thoughts on whether these will need to be installed at a certain standard setting (tolerance?) for general street use, or do they just get put on and are driver ready, and then you adjust them yourself as needed or for a particular track setting? Not sure I am asking that correctly as I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to suspension components.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Need the label from "Captain Eddie" to confirm.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Doesn't have to do with camber plates but on my 19 GT350 I didn't order the handling package but since I was an early build (delivered end of March I'm assuming this is the reason) I opened my trunk and there was a brand new gurney flap. This may not be the case and they may actually come with the base car but its not out of question Ford screws up and gives some cars camber plates when they shouldn't or say gurney flaps.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
To help clear up what @Epiphany is trying to establish..

FIA (factory invoiced accessories) are optional items shipped separately from the car...they are not in the trunk, not belted into the passenger seat. Things like splitters, wickers, gurney flap, are shipped inside the car.

These are items that are directly shipped to the dealership VIA Fedex. As OP noted they have whats is known as a Y-number witch is really just a direct ship code from the supplier. The key is the last 8 of the VIN is also on the label (or a packing slip) attached to the package. They usually also have a bright orange sticker on them identifying them as a factory invoiced accessory.
Historically speaking, items that fall into this category include the following:

Tonneau covers
Vehicle Covers
Sub-woofers
Locking lug nuts
Trailer assist cameras

These items may be stored in the parts department, the service department, the sales department, etc. Every dealership does it their own way...which doesn't help anything considering there is no clear answer on if these are included in the handling pack on GT500. What also doesn't help is considering the build dates and the delays, IF these were shipped to the dealer they would potentially have sat somewhere for over 3 months..plenty of time to get lost in the shuffle or grow legs.

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
My standard edition 2020 GT500 came with the Ford Racing catch can that was installed with the front splitter and gurney flap during initial inspection after delivery. Now I feel like calling my dealership and have them look into the plates associated to the last 8 of my VIN. So can no one confirm for certain that those plates are mailed separately?
IMG_4062.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So can no one confirm for certain that those plates are mailed separately?
That's why I started this thread and I explained what is needed for verification.

Captain Eddie sent me a note asking what I needed and I hope he has the box so we can see if the VIN listed matches his.

Looking at the sticker sent to me that I posted above, I noted the FedEx tracking number on it and worked my way backwards. The package shipped from Oak Park, Michigan. The supplier shown, Q9XYL, I can't pin down. Somebody at Ford supplied somebody else with a list of VINs and obtained relevant dealer addresses and shipped the plates. I may have to dig in that direction if nobody can provide verification via the label that shows the marriage between a Base Handling Package car and the plates.

Last edited:

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
Following as well. I’ve inquired with my dealership on this and the license plate in the front.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, I didn't get the license plate bracket either.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update.

I've spoken to a number of GT500 owners now about this. It would appear that those that have actually had their dealer's give them a set of factory plates (in the box shipped to their parts department by Ford) gave them plates that were earmarked for a given GT350 order. In other words, I still can't confirm that a GT500 ordered with the Handling Package option, is destined to properly receive the OEM factory camber plates (separately).

To bring those up to speed that skim over the details, here they are. Ford has gone back and Forth since the 2020 GT500 was announced in terms of some of the option content. The "Handling Package" contents seem to have never been nailed down and rock solid. Early on representatives from Ford as well as information provided to the press sometimes mentioned the inclusion of a set of camber plates (or adjustable strut top mounts). These are the exact same plates provided with certain GT350 orders. We were later surprised with what looked to be the inclusion of the oil separator (included with a CFTP order) which has indeed proven to be the case.

We then witnessed Carl Widmann, the Chief Engineer at Ford Performance, break down GT500 content and make it sound/appear as if the plates were included with the Handling Package option.

zz Karl breaking it down.JPG

Video here.

Cars were finally delivered after what seemed to be endless delays. Handling Package cars are being delivered with the following sticker on the window - note the highlighted area that says "STUT MNT KIT" which means camber plates.

zzzz Loose Item Check List (3).jpg

To be clear, no GT500 comes with the plates installed from the assembly line - even the CFTP cars. And so far, there has only been a handful of owners that chose the Handling Package option that have reported to have received the plates from their dealer's parts department (where Ford ships them to). Of those that have forwarded me shots of the labels on the box, none of them show a match between the VIN on the box (dictating the exact car the plates were earmarked for) and the VIN on their vehicle. In other words, they got somebody elses plates, likely a GT350 purchaser from the same dealership. The following orange label may or may not be affixed to the box with the plates (this sticker is from a box of plates destined for a GT350 owner) and it suggests that the plates may get shipped before the vehicle has even arrived at the dealership (more on this in a minute).

zzzz 20200123_213207.jpg

So it would appear that Ford intends the camber plates to be "married" to a given VIN based on order content or choice. Certain GT350's clearly get them as do CFTP orders. But Handling Package GT500's...still murky with no matching VIN's showing on some of the labels I have seen to date. Here are some labels from boxes from Handling Package GT500 owners that had them given to them by their dealer's parts department. The VIN's don't match theirs but more importantly, look at the dates - some of these were shipped before you could even order a GT500 from a Ford Dealer (order banks opened up on 7/1/2019).

zz label edited.jpg

zz IMG_2243.jpeg

zz Mad Dod Days Strut kit that he got for his GT500.JPG

So I'm still looking for a label from a camber plate box where the VIN shown matches the recipients VIN. This is an uphill battle with Ford so I'm trying to validate what they appear to not be very knowledgeable about themselves and it really shouldn't be that way. If it matters, I also didn't get a front license plate bracket and it is shown on the loose item checklist as well.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
This is an uphill battle with Ford so I'm trying to validate what they appear to not be very knowledgeable about themselves and it really shouldn't be that way. If it matters, I also didn't get a front license plate bracket and it is shown on the loose item checklist as well.
What a bizarre clusterfuck ... !
Sponsored

Last edited: