2020 GT500 OEM camber plates/Base Handling Pkg

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
I got them installed last week did not have boxes when picked it up so don’t know if they had my VIN but they are installed
Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Looks like the Rep that spoke to my dealer on this issue was correct. Following this trail since inception has been a bit rocky but some clarity was finally put on paper this morning. Some, that is.

Ford dropped a PDF this morning to dealers that seems to be a sales aid more than anything. It is entitled "2020 Mustang Shelby Customizing Made Easy Job Aid."
In it, they break down options that can be added to each Mustang from Ecoboost cars to the two Shelby variants. My favorite Ford Parts guru sent it to me this morning (too large to upload on this server, will have to be later from elsewhere), knowing I've been trying to nail down the issue as to whether camber plates should be included with the choice of the Handling Package option. So, two things to note that I have highlighted on the following snippet:

2%2024%202020%20this%20doc%20dropped%20at%20Ford%20Parts%20COLORED-XL.jpg

After the note to service departments/dealers Ford dropped last week that they won't be paying for the installation of certain content hardware they are now making it clear from the sales side - see highlighted yellow areas for both the CFTP and Handling Package cars. Not really new to many of us but interesting to see them be repetitively clear, now.

And most importantly (highlighted in red), the note that camber plates will finally be available if you ordered the Handling Package.

So, if they are available now for CFTP cars and certain GT350's then why the delay on Handling Package cars? Because they just now are finally getting their shit together and the administration will take a few months to distribute them? That would be my guess.

Anyway, if you ordered a Handling package car, you are getting camber plates. Just gotta wait a bit.

2020 Mustang Customizing pdf from Ford.JPG

2020 Mustang Customizing pdf from Ford1.JPG

2020 Mustang Customizing pdf from Ford2.JPG

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
@Epiphany , Tob, what are you going to do about the camber plates?

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Nick (my dealer) got confirmation from his district rep that Handling Package owners will indeed be receiving plates. They will go from Ford to the dealer and then the dealer will ship them out. I wondered about a delay and this document more or less confirms it along with the fact that it will happen.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
I did.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Nick (my dealer) got confirmation from his district rep that Handling Package owners will indeed be receiving plates. They will go from Ford to the dealer and then the dealer will ship them out.
Did they give you an ETA?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Interesting to note under Step 5, Freestanding Options, the sport seats are no longer “Recaro” after 2/3/2020, and not leather trimmed?
Wording under the CFTP section regarding the seats is unchanged though.
Anyone take delivery of a car built after 2/3 yet to see what this means?

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Interesting to note under Step 5, Freestanding Options, the sport seats are no longer “Recaro” after 2/3/2020, and not leather trimmed?
Wording under the CFTP section regarding the seats is unchanged though.
Anyone take delivery of a car built after 2/3 yet to see what this means?
It looks like they added an Optional Base Sport seat for the CFTP cars (88B).

These are the base Sport Seats: From the option Guide
Seats, Front
— Leather-trimmed with Miko® Suede Sport Seats
— 6-way Power Driver Seat with Power Lumbar
— 6-way Power Passenger Seat
— 4-way Adjustable Head Restraints
— Climate Controlled Front-Seats (Heated/Cooled)

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Snoop; I sort of see what you are saying. The confusion to me might be that they are all called “Sport Seats”. From the on-line system:
Base = Leather-trimmed Sport Seats
Optional = RECARO® Leather-trimmed Front Sport Seat
Just reading the Step 5 wording: It appears the “Optional” seat are changing on 2/3/2020. The name “Recaro” is dropped and they are now Miko Suede vice leather trimmed. The GT350’s have always had the Miko Suede. So I presume they are dropping the leather trimming (which is no big deal)? But the Recaro name might be going away? Can’t really tell on that aspect.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
Has anyone tried to order the camber plates?

Trying to determine if they are available. I need the plates before April for my event at Barber.

I also heard a GT500 owner tracked his car and wore through the outside of his 4S front Michelin’s in 2 sessions.

Sponsored

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'21 Grabber Yellow GT500 CFTP, '23 F150 King Ranch
If you look at "Step 3", it says the standard seats are leather/Miko suede for cars built BEFORE 2/3. For cars built AFTER 2/3, the standard seats are cloth/Miko suede. Like people have already said, the "upgraded seat" which used to be Recaros, now seems to just be leather/Miko suede for the non TP cars.

I ordered the Recaro seats for my base model, and it was built on 2/5. I'm now very curious to see if it shows up with the Recaros, or just the leather trimmed Miko suede seats. My window sticker says I'm supposed to have Recaros. I wouldn't have dropped $1,500 on the seats if it was just leather trimmed base seats.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Here is my take on the seat question.

If you ordered you car before 02/03/2020 you will get Recaro or the Standard Sports seats (Leather/Miko Suede). If you ordered on or after 02/03/2020, you will get the new Standard Sports seats (Cloth/Miko Suede) or Recaro seats (Leather/Miko Suede). The Leather/Miko Suede seats will be an option (88B) on or after 02/03/2020. All orders placed before 02/03/2020 will not be affected by the change.
Basically the only seats affected are the Standard Sports Seats. The Recaro Sport Seats stay the same.
That is the only thing that makes any since to me.

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'21 Grabber Yellow GT500 CFTP, '23 F150 King Ranch
Here is my take on the seat question.

If you ordered you car before 02/03/2020 you will get Recaro or the Standard Sports seats (Leather/Miko Suede). If you ordered on or after 02/03/2020, you will get the new Standard Sports seats (Cloth/Miko Suede) or Recaro seats (Leather/Miko Suede). The Leather/Miko Suede seats will be an option (88B) on or after 02/03/2020. All orders placed before 02/03/2020 will not be affected by the change.
Basically the only seats affected are the Standard Sports Seats. The Recaro Sport Seats stay the same.
That is the only thing that makes any since to me.
I’m hoping this is what it is Earl. My car should be arriving in Seattle in about a week, weather permitting, and I’ll definitely report on this when I pick it up.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
I was checking out a few YouTube videos and ran across one of speed phenom's new videos and he was checking out new GT500's in a couple of So Cal dealers and ran across this Magnetic Met car with an odd antenna on the roof. Hopefully this is not the new standard.

2020 GT500 Blade Antenna.jpg
Sponsored