2020 GT500 OEM camber plates/Base Handling Pkg

Jim O

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
21 shelby gt500, 69 camaro SS/RS pro toring 427
Wondering if you ever got this straightened out. Im in the same boat now. A 2021 and the parts that came from dealer are NOT linked to my vin # (that I can tell) and racing friends telling me, because you can see the pin sticking up from under the strut cap, the strut is NOT adjustable. Yet the dealer telling me 2021 modle cars with HP did come with adjustable mounts. I have a friend with a 21 base with HP and his strut photo is axactly as mine (shown) with the single pin sticking up.

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3273.jpg

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
You have the adjustable plates Jim, as evidenced by the pin.

You need to partially disassemble the strut top end assembly and remove the factory installed set screws. Only then are the plates adjustable. There are threads here showing how it is done.

Jim O

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
You have the adjustable plates Jim, as evidenced by the pin.

You need to partially disassemble the strut top end assembly and remove the factory installed set screws. Only then are the plates adjustable. There are threads here showing how it is done.

Jim O

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the information. I will look for those threads on how to remove the setscrews.
Jim O.
:clap::thumbsup:

Sponsored

Jim O

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
My dealer contacted ford and was told all 2021 gt500 wth HP package, the adjustable plates were installed from the factory. You are able to confirm that buy putting a light down the top of the strut. You will be able to see both the driver and the passenger part number. (I have attached both of mine)
Be advised, that the plates they installed have 3 set screw that will not allow camber adjustment. You have to go into the plates, remove the 3 screws. After that has been done your camber plates are easily adjustable. (procedure is noted in service manual if you have one)
Also, there is a thread here (a while back) that also explains how to remove the screws so the plates can be adjusted. Hope that helps

2021 GT500 Camber adjustable plate #LR3V-18183-AB Passenger .jpg

Driver Camber Adjustable plate LR3V-18184-AB 21gt500.jpg

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I linked that in the post above yours Jim on April 8th.
Sponsored