Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
  • Banned
After my last couple videos on the 2020 GT500, I had a request to show how to set up My Mode. I filmed this tonight to show how to set up and save My Mode as well as My Color and My Gauges. There is some spirited driving bonus footage as well as a look at a neat feature with the tech package at the end!

Sponsored

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
Awesome video thank you, I honestly never knew about all of those features until this video. I know my 14 GT500 has a more basic my mode setup.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
After my last couple videos on the 2020 GT500, I had a request to show how to set up My Mode. I filmed this tonight to show how to set up and save My Mode as well as My Color and My Gauges. There is some spirited driving bonus footage as well as a look at a neat feature with the tech package at the end!

Tim; THANK YOU for a great video. You are the "BEST of the BEST". Can you explain a little farther the "Advanced Track Mode" feature??? Iam not going to race my car at a track but if in laymans terms you could expound on what that feature does it would be appreciated. Think of it as you are the Senior Professor and Iam a freshman student. Thank You again.

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
@Goose17
Tim, Is there any way to turn off the Nav display? I know there is a way to turn off the entire display, but I just want to turn off the Nav portion.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Thanks for the positive comments guys. I have fun making these videos... hopefully I’ll make another this coming week.

Tim; THANK YOU for a great video. You are the "BEST of the BEST". Can you explain a little farther the "Advanced Track Mode" feature??? Iam not going to race my car at a track but if in laymans terms you could expound on what that feature does it would be appreciated. Think of it as you are the Senior Professor and Iam a freshman student. Thank You again.
Thanks Chuck! The Advanced Track system keeps the car from getting out of shape (read: swapping ends). The amount of assist varies with driving modes (normal/sport/track/drag/slippery). In normal mode, very little wheel spin or vehicle yaw (ass end sliding out to the side) is allowed. In track mode, your advance track system is still operational despite what the warning light on the dash indicates, but it is considerably looser allowing for more wheel spin as well as yaw (read: some drifting is allowed). The traction control/advanced track off toggle switch below the stereo controls allows you to completely turn off the system, which would be needed if you wanted to do doughnuts.

@Goose17
Tim, Is there any way to turn off the Nav display? I know there is a way to turn off the entire display, but I just want to turn off the Nav portion.
If I’m understanding your question correctly Earl, simply select Audio, Climate, Phone or Apps to go to a different screen (other than your nav screen).

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Thanks for the positive comments guys. I have fun making these videos... hopefully I’ll make another this coming week.

Thanks Chuck! The Advanced Track system keeps the car from getting out of shape (read: swapping ends). The amount of assist varies with driving modes (normal/sport/track/drag/slippery). In normal mode, very little wheel spin or vehicle yaw (ass end sliding out to the side) is allowed. In track mode, your advance track system is still operational despite what the warning light on the dash indicates, but it is considerably looser allowing for more wheel spin as well as yaw (read: some drifting is allowed). The traction control/advanced track off toggle switch below the stereo controls allows you to completely turn off the system, which would be needed if you wanted to do doughnuts.

If I’m understanding your question correctly Earl, simply select Audio, Climate, Phone or Apps to go to a different screen (other than your nav screen).
Thank You Tim; Looks like I would probably want to keep mine in Normal Mode.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
But Chuck, then she won't downshift as you decrease speed! <smile> I can't hear that enough, I swear. :-)

Yes, Sport does loosen the rear end up a LITTLE bit but it is always controllable and, you get the best tach display setup as Tim mentioned.

So, I suggest you give it a try once you get comfortable with her, Chuck and I think you'll be sold.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Thank You Tim; Looks like I would probably want to keep mine in Normal Mode.
But Chuck, then she won't downshift as you decrease speed! <smile> I can't hear that enough, I swear. :-)

Yes, Sport does loosen the rear end up a LITTLE bit but it is always controllable and, you get the best tach display setup as Tim mentioned.

So, I suggest you give it a try once you get comfortable with her, Chuck and I think you'll be sold.
I’m with KB! Actually, I am normally in either My Mode that is a Sport Mode derivative or Track Mode! When just cruising around, I am usually in My Mode. When I’m “playing,” I am normally in Track Mode and as KB said, I can’t get enough of those EPIC downshifts!

Sponsored

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500

Tim; I just watched this now twice and really got a whole lot of great info out of it. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. You are the Man!!!!!!!!!!! I've got 3 pages of notes on it.

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, 2007 Tacoma, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200
Tim,
Do you know how to change the "mood" lighting on the GT500. I just got my 2021 GT500 and Ford says if you have Sync3 (which i think mine does) there should be an option for interior lighting under settings, but i sure can't find one.
I watched your other video and it was awesome.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Go into your dash settings and select My Color. Play around in there... it’s intuitive.

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, 2007 Tacoma, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200
Go into your dash settings and select My Color. Play around in there... it’s intuitive.
Yeah, I did set that up for the dash color scheme. I'm talking about the interior lighting for like the door sill or cup holders or such. Maybe there isn't an option to do that. But the Ford site says if your vehicle has Sync 3 (which it does) then there should be an option under Settings called "Interior Lighting". But mine doesn't have that option menu as far as I can tell. So, I guess you can't change the interior lighting color scheme.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I did set that up for the dash color scheme. I'm talking about the interior lighting for like the door sill or cup holders or such. Maybe there isn't an option to do that. But the Ford site says if your vehicle has Sync 3 (which it does) then there should be an option under Settings called "Interior Lighting". But mine doesn't have that option menu as far as I can tell. So, I guess you can't change the interior lighting color scheme.
It’s been awhile since I’ve played with the lighting setups, but what you are describing sounds like “ambient lighting,” which my 2011 GT500 has. I can change the color of lights in the foot wells as well as cup holder. The door sills required a minor wiring mod, but I changed them to blue. As for the 2020, it doesn’t have that.
Sponsored