bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I agree RWD is better for performance. They are going away because people don't buy them is my guess. And they are more expensive to produce. FWD is a lot simpler. RWD requires a lot more structure through the body of the car, because you are transmitting the power from the front to the back.

Well, based on that criteria, no American car should ever win, because there are always cars out there that cost 6 or 7 figures that are better.

People constantly complain "oh but I could buy 2 of my car for the price of a GT3". Tough, the GT3 is better. This year it's better, last year it was better, next year it will be better.

So I guess from now on only the best car regardless of price should win.

Yeah, when the GT350R won PCOTY, that was a stupid decision because there were faster cars out there. Who cares that those other cars cost well over $100k? No Mustang should ever win that award. It's just a hot rodded rental car with a cheap steel chassis and McPherson struts. Garbage and anyone who likes them is foolish.
You’re comparing a GT350R to a Hyundai Volester????? If you’re trying to make a point that the Volester should have beat a mid engined C8 corvette. Or a 911 Because of intangible data points Like...... Errrrrr, Actually I have no Idea what point you’re even trying to make? But if you believe a 14 second car. That was slowest on a track against last years competition deserves the title of PERFORMANCE CAR OF THE YEAR. You need to dig out a dictionary and look up the meaning of PERFORMANCE. Shit they should have gave this years award to the TRX as it’s the only vehicle in the bunch that can do 100mph on a dirt road while carrying a refrigerator. At some point common sense has to win out over your participation trophy mentality. Me personally, I draw the line at front wheel drive economy cars that you can pick up new for 25k. Are they fun cars? Sure they are. Are they out performing anything? Yes! Other even cheaper, less powerful front drive cars. What’s Next the Kia Forte GT or the Toyota Corolla as performance car of the year? If you really want to roll with your line of thinking.Change the name of the article From PERFORMANCE CAR OF THE YEAR. To random ass shit that we pick out of a hat. Then at least it would make sense. Because there is nothing high performance or special about a volester.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
You’re comparing a GT350R to a Hyundai Volester????? If you’re trying to make a point that the Volester should have beat a mid engined C8 corvette. Or a 911 Because of intangible data points Like...... Errrrrr, Actually I have no Idea what point you’re even trying to make? But if you believe a 14 second car. That was slowest on a track against last years competition deserves the title of PERFORMANCE CAR OF THE YEAR. You need to dig out a dictionary and look up the meaning of PERFORMANCE. Shit they should have gave this years award to the TRX as it’s the only vehicle in the bunch that can do 100mph on a dirt road while carrying a refrigerator. At some point common sense has to win out over your participation trophy mentality. Me personally, I draw the line at front wheel drive economy cars that you can pick up new for 25k. Are they fun cars? Sure they are. Are they out performing anything? Yes! Other even cheaper, less powerful front drive cars. What’s Next the Kia Forte GT or the Toyota Corolla as performance car of the year? If you really want to roll with your line of thinking.Change the name of the article From PERFORMANCE CAR OF THE YEAR. To random ass shit that we pick out of a hat. Then at least it would make sense. Because there is nothing high performance or special about a volester.
I don't care to read articles like these in depth, but my guess is the Hyundai is giving the owner a ton of performance for the money. It has a DCT, ediff, race seat, etc. It won't win many drag races or big track lap times, but you could win autocrosses in it and get tons of seat time for very little money in a car that feels like a race car just like the 350R. You do have to consider performance per dollar, otherwise McClaren wins everything.

Like I said earlier, the fact the 500 won speaks to it's overall brilliance, not just it's crazy laptimes. It even has a high performance per dollar measure.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
BigD: Just a comment...

I'm betting that you use the "Light" Forum theme based on your choice of compose fonts..(blue)

Problem is, if someone (like me) prefers the "Dark" Forum theme, your posts are barely visible.

Just thought I'd pass that along...

KB

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I don't care to read articles like these in depth, but my guess is the Hyundai is giving the owner a ton of performance for the money. It has a DCT, ediff, race seat, etc. It won't win many drag races or big track lap times, but you could win autocrosses in it and get tons of seat time for very little money in a car that feels like a race car just like the 350R. You do have to consider performance per dollar, otherwise McClaren wins everything.

Like I said earlier, the fact the 500 won speaks to it's overall brilliance, not just it's crazy laptimes. It even has a high performance per dollar measure.
I get the concept but where does it end? And what’s the point? It’s like Vanderbilt trotting out a female kicker. Who squib kicks one kickoff 25 yards and then trotted off the field. In a game her team was shut out 41 to 0. And half the world acted like she just accomplished an amazing feat. So I ask again what’s next a Toyota Corolla S as performance car of the year? Just how far are you willing to lower the bar and be comfortable with it?

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
I get the concept but where does it end? And what’s the point? It’s like Vanderbilt trotting out a female kicker. Who squib kicks one kickoff 25 yards and then trotted off the field. In a game her team was shut out 41 to 0. And half the world acted like she just accomplished an amazing feat. So I ask again what’s next a Toyota Corolla S as performance car of the year? Just how far are you willing to lower the bar and be comfortable with it?
Even though it's pretty ill defined, I'd say any brand that designs a car to be "track ready" like the veloster (actually has an HPDE warranty). The corolla s is just an appearance package and would probably overheat or break during their testing. You can beat the hell out of that Hyundai all day at the track by design with the extra cooling and beefed up bits.

The Hyundai name makes it tough to accept... at least it did for me for a while. It accels on the short tracks and autocrosses like a lotus elise/exige, miata, s2000, civic type r, etc. Those cars are accepted as high performers in that space.

I'm with you on the other comments too, haha!

Sponsored

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Price is only one metric. Higher price less points. See how it works? If a car is truly next level and it's cheaper it should rank higher than the higher price cars. Like I mentioned in my last post they were disqualifying cars for the transmission on it being a DC and they prefer a manual. Or the 911 which was near perfect, but DQ'd because if felt big on the street WTF. That win last year was bought and paid for.

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
All those worried about the M8 in the drag race video...don't be. Congrats GT 500! It does what it was designed to do...and very well at that!
Sponsored