Mustang Ranch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RG
Vehicle(s)
2-2020 GT 500
yes they self align.

Just spoke to Noah @ Ford Performance(Via Chat) and he said the Handling Package doesn't get the adjust strut mounts(only the Track Package). After seeing all the conflicting pamphlets and such this is very disappointing and actually I'm a little miffed. I even forwarded the threads where there were examples of Ford releasing this info. I know it's not his fault but Ford has conflicting info

Noah at 12:36, Jul 14:
no sir, the only parts that come with the handling package is the gurney flap, splitter wickers and the oil separator
Noah at 12:40, Jul 14:
I need to double check on the strut mounts
Noah at 12:43, Jul 14:
strut mount do not come with the handling package
Should we ask for money back...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Here is the best way to tell if your car has the adjustable camber plates installed.

Non-Adjustable
If you see the 2 notches or rubber or black, it is stock non-adjustable.

P7140260.JPG

Adjustable

P7140265.JPG

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Produced June 10th I believe. From what I recall last time I was under the hood they were there, but not on any sort of angle I've seen on cars with camber plates. I think we're talking about the same thing...
The "angle" you are talking about is just indicative of negative camber. Base cars are slightly less than a CFTP car. Once adjusted for additional negative camber, the strut top threads/black cap are moved inward, favoring towards the engine and not centered in the tower opening.

If you stand next to the driver side fender and look down, do yo see a pin coming up like in this photo at approximately 8 o'clock?

XWbQh0FgTnC7CMr+5Wzatg.jpg

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
The "angle" you are talking about is just indicative of negative camber. Base cars are slightly less than a CFTP car. Once adjusted for additional negative camber, the strut top threads/black cap are moved inward, favoring towards the engine and not centered in the tower opening.

If you stand next to the driver side fender and look down, do yo see a pin coming up like in this photo at approximately 8 o'clock?

XWbQh0FgTnC7CMr+5Wzatg.jpg
To be honest I'm not sure I spot the 'pin' you're referring to in your pic. The pic I took was of the passenger side's tower.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Tob, I don't see that pin on the factory adjustable camber plates. Am I missing something in my package?

P7140265.JPG

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those aren't the latest production plates or at least not coupled with the lockout hardware that comes with them when installed on the line.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)

Attachments

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raceguy....zoom out a little so that you can see the strut bolts...

Have you seen any of the kits that have that pin?

Here are the instructions that came with the kit.

2020 GT350-GT500 Adj Strut Mount Instructions - English.pdf
Yeah, I installed the plates and used those directions. They are dated. I'm not saying they are no longer used but they aren't printed in tandem or are cognizant of any of the JOB2 changes. I've asked someone I respect on this matter to see if there was any dealer notification regarding the install and the removal of certain hardware to allow their adjustment - if installed on the assembly line. I have a sense there is something there.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did find that Ford did a 2nd printing of the GT500 Supplement in March of this year. It differs in a few sections from the earlier one (from August of 2019), which also came with my own car. I went through the new one and the camber plate section is copy and paste which makes me think dealerships themselves were notified about the plates being installed and how to address them.

First Supplement
Second Supplement

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Sooo... do we know the answer to this or not? Should I call the parts department at my dealer? What a mystery.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've tried to show how incompetent Ford is at both the dealer as well as the corporate level, if you read the threads.

Let me see if my contact comes up with anything regarding Job2 cars and plates. As I mentioned, I think there has to have been recent notification regarding the changes Ford has made here.

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
I'm so upside down on these things. I looked and thought oh I don't have them. Now I have no clue. I will get a pic soon so the expects can verify.
Sponsored