2020 GT500 Handling Package

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
By the way Iam finding this site really "slow" today so thats why my quote above got posted twice.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Earl; Can you explain to a layman like me if the "factory" will set the struts for "street use" as I have the handling package on order but Iam not going to race the car. Also how would you explain the function of the oil/separator???? I have no clue what that even is.
The adj strut mount are sent to your dealers parts department and Ford pays for the installation and alignment. This is assuming they are part of the handling package.

The air/oil separator removes the oil from the air going from the PCV to the inlet.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
The adj strut mount are sent to your dealers parts department and Ford pays for the installation and alignment. This is assuming they are part of the handling package.

The air/oil separator removes the oil from the air going from the PCV to the inlet.
Thank You Earl.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
Does anyone know if you can order the handling package after the fact? I'm mainly interested in the front splitter wickers and possibly the gurney flap for the car as I already bought the catch can.

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
Speed Phenom's video settles some of the debate. Handling package has Wickers, splitter, gurney flap, and oil separator (catch can). He did have the cover (which looks awesome) but didn't mention the caster camber plates. Hmmm.

Sponsored

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Speed Phenom's video settles some of the debate. Handling package has Wickers, splitter, gurney flap, and oil separator (catch can). He did have the cover (which looks awesome) but didn't mention the caster camber plates. Hmmm.
So do cars without the handling package not come with the front splitter I assume that's the piece that says shelby on it?

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
So do cars without the handling package not come with the front splitter I assume that's the piece that says shelby on it?
All cars have the front spiltter.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All cars have the front spiltter.
I really want to order most of what came in the handling package like wickers and the gurney flap as at the time when I ordered the car my salesman thought it was part of the track pack cars and insisted I couldn't get the Handling package on a base car.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
I was about to say I'm a bit disappointed if it didnt I do really want to know if I can order the handling package after the fact though if anyone knows?
You cannot order the handling package as a package afterwards.
However, you can order the gurney flap and spiltter wickers separately.
The gurney flap is the same one as the handling package 2019+ GT350s have.
I don’t think we have the part numbers for the spiltter wickers yet.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You cannot order the handling package as a package afterwards.
However, you can order the gurney flap and spiltter wickers separately.
The gurney flap is the same one as the handling package 2019+ GT350s have.
I don’t think we have the part numbers for the spiltter wickers yet.
Do you know the part number by chance for the gurney flap? Hopefully soon they'll have the splitter wickers available for order.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Do you know the part number by chance for the gurney flap? Hopefully soon they'll have the splitter wickers available for order.
Here you go....
# KR3Z-6344210-AA Spoiler $27xx and # KR3Z-6344210-AB for gurney for $823 on line

I ordered August 10 and received in less than 10 days.

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL
The dealer, Lasco Ford, was on the Facebook group just posting and I asked if the camber plates / strut mounts were included even though they weren’t in the video from Speed Phenom and they said they were not. So looks like catch can yes in handling pack but camber plates no.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer, Lasco Ford, was on the Facebook group just posting and I asked if the camber plates / strut mounts were included even though they weren’t in the video from Speed Phenom and they said they were not. So looks like catch can yes in handling pack but camber plates no.
Not saying this is true, but .... I have heard that when adjustable hats are in the equation, they are sent to the parts department of the selling dealer. It is possible they did not notice, and they do come with the handling pack. Just sayin'.

I am sorry, but they did not give me a warm & fuzzy feeling that they actually know what they are doing there.

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL
I Don’t disagree. One can always hope still. Though the fact that they did have the cover in there made me doubt that the camber plates were included. Guess we just continue to wait and see.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I Don’t disagree. One can always hope still. Though the fact that they did have the cover in there made me doubt that the camber plates were included. Guess we just continue to wait and see.
Agreed, and if I were a betting man, I would say they do not come in the kit. But, if I actually was a betting man, I would loose my house, home, car, clothes...everything because I SUCK at betting lol.
Sponsored