2020 GT500 Handling Package

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Like all things, but I want it...… Want the handling package for two main reasons. I will track the car occasionally, but the main one is how much meaner I think it looks with the splitters and Gurney lip.
Same goes for me. I spent the $1,500 and I plan on having my dealer install the gurney flap and the front wicker splitters. Probably won't put on the struts.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Same goes for me. I spent the $1,500 and I plan on having my dealer install the gurney flap and the front wicker splitters. Probably won't put on the struts.
Same here, no need for the adjustable hats for me because I will not track the car.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Same here, no need for the adjustable hats for me because I will not track the car.
In the reading material that Snoopy provided it appears that they gurney flap and splitter wickers are "dealer installed" but the struts obviously come installed from the factory. So am I to assume they will set them for "street use" at the factory???? I have learned in life to never assume anything.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In the reading material that Snoopy provided it appears that they gurney flap and splitter wickers are "dealer installed" but the struts obviously come installed from the factory. So am I to assume they will set them for "street use" at the factory???? I have learned in life to never assume anything.
I try not to as well, however I thought the wickers & gurney flap came uninstalled, in the trunk. We need some people to get their cars to clarify some of this stuff.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Wickers, Flap, and adjustable strut top mounts DO NOT come installed on either the Handling Package or CFTP cars.

Crystal clear.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
E: You beat me by six minutes!

Jaime: Mine won't see a track either but I may look into the strut mounts to shoot for an improved stance without wearing out the damn tires quicker than they will if I do nothing. :-) Of course, I know zero about offsets, etc. but someone on the Web sure does. <grinning>

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you don't track you'll get the best tire wear with your camber set within factory spec.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't track you'll get the best tire wear with your camber set within factory spec.
This Kent, you will want to leave the factory hats installed for non track driving.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
There seems to be quite a variance in camber from the factory, so the adjustable strut mounts would give you the ability dial in the camber for the best results.

There is still the question about the air/oil separator being part of the package. It looks like this parts existence will have to wait for the first arrival of a base cars with the handling package.

A bright side to all of this is the dealer is getting paid by Ford to install all these parts so you don't have to pay anything.

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There seems to be quite a variance in caster from the factory, so the adjustable strut mounts would give you the ability dial in the caster for the best results.

There is still the question about the air/oil separator being part of the package. It looks like this parts existence will have to wait for the first arrival of a base cars with the handling package.

A bright side to all of this is the dealer is getting paid by Ford to install all these parts so you don't have to pay anymore.
This is good information, and perhaps it's better to have the adjustable hats installed and set within factory specs, as to be sure they alignment is perfect. Also, they would be in place just incase you find yourself making a surprised visit to a track event :sunglasses:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stock front camber settings are easily achievable. For the Base (as per the GT500 Supplement) it's -.92° street and -2.0° for the track. For CFTP cars it's -1.06° street and -2.25° for the track. You really don't need to deviate from the street numbers if you don't track and the street numbers are possible to achieve without a plate. In addition, the factory typically allows up to .75° variation from spec. Not saying that's good but rather what Ford says. Two plus degrees of negative camber will absolutely wear your tires quickly on the street vs the track where additional camber can be utilized. That said, if a car is supplied with plates I'd personally put them on so you're good to go should a track opportunity arise.