2020 GT500 Handling Package

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Back to the top. I called my dealer. He is researching.
Good I got the handling package but also already purchased the oil separator so if it comes with it I will have wasted 450 bucks that will be a little annoying but whatever I will sell it to recoup some of it at least
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Back to the top. I called my dealer. He is researching.
He won't get any further than the answer you'd get from calling FP.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a little more hope here upon further evidence.

The way I read Snoopdogs photo above is that its a slide. Those red diagonal lines are bullet points. Bullet points are topics of discussion. That doesn't mean that all those items are included.

Again, the way I read it (above photo) is that it s a slide with topics of discussion (meaning part of the discussion may have been why or why not those items were included).
@Face ?
I don't agree with this assessment and here's why. You don't normally list bullet points under a specific topic heading related to content while listing items that are not included as that doesn't make sense. It is shown in the photo capture in the first post of this thread as:

HANDLING PACKAGE
- OIL CATCH CAN
- GURNEY FLAP
- SPLITTER WICKERS WITH INTEGRATED DIVEPLANE
- ADJUSTABLESTRUT TOP MOUNTS

Look at the order. We know at the very least it is getting the wickers and the flap. So you see the catch can first (questionable), then the flap, then the wickers, then the camber plates(questionable). The order is rather discombobulated if you were to only get part of the list as Handling Package content.

Carl Widmann, you'd think, would be pretty well versed on content and that he likely did a dry run or two regarding his spoken portion of this presentation. I'd like to believe that if something was in error that he'd take the opportunity to correct it before presenting it to the motoring press. The capture implies, by all accounts, content that could be on the car but isn't exactly what we've been led to believe. If Carl then broke down the CFTP with a slide that showed all of it's respective content, the confidence level in the Handling Package slide accuracy should indeed go up. Well, he did just that.

I spoke to Steve Turner about this as he's a friend that I hold in high regard with all things Mustang. I sent him the capture and he responded that he filmed the presentation but didn't uploaded it. I asked nicely if he would and today he did just that. I suggest watching the whole thing but I don't think this discussion would be out of context if you listen carefully, starting at the 18:32 mark where he breaks down the specifics regarding each package, the Handling Package and the CFTP.

Note that he confirms the wickers and and flap while also saying the car comes with the aforementioned camber plates. He says nothing about the catch can. He then brings up a slide for the CFTP and every item on its respective slide is everything we've been led to believe to come with that package (as much as both lists under their respective headings are incomplete), as well as the same for the Technology Package.

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
@Epiphany I agree with you. I have said all along the handling package comes with the adjustable strut mounts. This said, it would be natural to think the oil catch would also be included. It makes sense, $1,500 is a lot (if purchased at time of ordering) for just the wickers and gurney flap. Now, If purchased separately it would make sense for them to be expensive, but not as factory optioned.

That said, I have an oil catch setup in my garage just incase. I will list it for sale if I am wrong,

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sad thing is I'm far from being certain. Even worse that we actually have to verify via a delivered car as opposed to actually knowing exactly what content there will be when ordering.

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
For what it's worth, 2019/2020 GT350 handling package includes Gurney Flap and Adjustable Strut Mounts. From that perspective, it seems to make sense that adjustable strut mounts would be included with the GT500 handling package as well.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
OMG, the sky is falling.....

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks for the sidetrack. Sobering.
We talked about it, I figured I'd share since I had your attention.

Ok sidetrack over. Back to the breaking news on how the world is ending.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Much appreciated and very much worth sharing. I should have snapped some today, but unfortunately didn't. New opportunity tomorrow (later today).

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OMG, the sky is falling.....
Don't mistake my excitement for a car I have been working hard to acquire for a lack of respect for our veterans, past and present. I have family who put themselves in harms way every day, and I will forever be indebted to them. They allow me to do my job, and to be grateful for my life and family.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Don't mistake my excitement for a car I have been working hard to acquire for a lack of respect for our veterans, past and present. I have family who put themselves in harms way every day, and I will forever be indebted to them. They allow me to do my job, and to be grateful for my life and family.
Dont sweat it brother. I was just sharing today's events with caballus.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dont sweat it brother. I was just sharing today's events with caballus.
And thank you for that, very humbling.
Sponsored