Sponsored

2020 GT500 Curb Weight and Dimensions Released

turbosc297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
While not in the same class, I feel like the f10 m5 should be brought up here. Sure it has 4 doors and is opposite personality of a gt500 but its track capable at its near 4400lb weight. Point is that a little engineering can overcome things like curb weight usually at the expense of brake and tire life.
Approx 4400 lbs and $100k? 2.8s 0-60 and 10.8 1/4 mile.
Dont they use them for ring cars? Or used to

Everyone needs to settle down about the weight. Serious racers will find ways to strip 100-150lbs and the average joe on the street will be grinning too much to give a damn about a few hundred pounds.

How many base GTs with TVS kits, added coolers, bigger brakes, higher fluid capacities, and more rubber would weigh in under 4k lbs? Probably none. By the time you mod a 3600lb GT to meet this performance level (for more than one pull or couple laps), you've added several hundred pounds! So be glad its f'ing 2019 and we can buy cars from multiple dealers with 700+hp that are conveniently engineered to do so without blowing up in 5k miles.
Sponsored

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Hopefully it hides its weight alittle better than a Hellcat because that car feels like a damn train

Flavoade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 GB w/ Blk Roof, and Black stripe
Vehicle Showcase
I was told that the GT500 can run GT3 lap times on a track and do it consistently. I can't confirm it, but it was from someone who saw the the car in action. So apparently they figured out how to deal with the weight and heat soak.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
It __really__ depends on how you engage in business in the tech space, and/or specific position, location, skills, industry, etc. Sure, there are some salaries in that range that are partially comp'ed per your post, and at the salaries suggested (by the previous poster), you're not just some production developer, that's into speciality, multi-discipline, architect salary ranges (outside of a few nutty, over-funded startups :D).
The other guy mentioned $300K for a couple with the same jobs, so I think $150K is realistic for a mid to mid-senior developer, especially if the stock is on an upward trend.

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
The other guy mentioned $300K for a couple with the same jobs, so I think $150K is realistic for a mid to mid-senior developer, especially if the stock is on an upward trend.
I'm a software engineer in So Cal and $150k isn't a realistic salary for any level of developer with "mid" in the their title. You have to be a senior level developer to make 6 figures, even in California. I've been doing it for 18 years and make the figures that are being thrown around, but I work an average of 12 hours a day, so I guess it's not really that much, when you think about it. Now, that being said, you CAN make that kind of money in the bay area, but I personally wouldn't live there for 3x as much money.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Come on get it out of your system. But no Crying. I hate when wealthy grown men. Start whining like little bitches. Because not everyone in the room. Thinks the car they are buying is perfect. Just give the word. And I’ll have a talk with the rest of the poors. And make them understand. The GT500 section of this forum. Should be treated like a VIP lounge. And not just some section of a car forum! As far as the blue font goes. You just gotta deal with it. Or hit the ignore button. You know what? F$&k the ignore button. I’ll just hang out in the other sections with the common folks.
I think you missed my point. Im all for a healthy discussion, but as soon as the weight was released, it was like we went back a few notches with every basher coming out of the woodwork. I like hanging out here, but not so much when people are focusing on negative aspects for the sake of making themselves feel better for what? All this has gone beyond a healthy and productive discussion and has been (what seems to be) a focused effort on sticking it to Ford when nobody has had the chance to see what the car is or what it can do.

As much as I don't like the POORS comment (prices out of range), it is accurate. Many who never would buy this car are the ones who have all the horrible things to say. It seems they are happy to hear and promote anything negative for the sake of what? I think maybe to make them feel better about not being able to get one?

Wealthy? If I was, I would be driving a McLaren, a GT2RS, a GT...... I do alright. Everything I have is because I work my ass off for it. I built my own house because I could. I dont buy things paying stupid money for them. I buy smart. Anyway, don't let perceptions fool you. Back to what I was getring to, the GT500 is still a performance bargain.

For when it matters, (track use), ill get my CFTP to below 4K. As someone has pointed out, it won't be a difficult thing to do.

VIP lounge? No. I think it's fair to say the people who hang out here are (who are buying the car) enthusiasts. It seems the people who hang out here who are not buying the car are enthusiastic about their own agenda. Although the perception seems that the theme is common, each little troll has his own reasons. You would never catch me over on some other forum spreading discourse the way I have seen it around here. You talk about crying whiny little bitches..... you dont have to go too far to find them around here.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I was told that the GT500 can run GT3 lap times on a track and do it consistently. I can't confirm it, but it was from someone who saw the the car in action. So apparently they figured out how to deal with the weight and heat soak.
I wasn’t impressed with this car until I heard about the cooling. I mean shit I can build 760hp all day long for a fraction of the price. But when you say you have a car that can maintain 760hp for the entirety of a tank of gas, with all the other shit it has, I’m impressed. I’m at 710hp and I can’t do more than a couple wot pulls without letting the car cool.

That being said. The weight will limit this car long term for the serious drag racers who want to see 8’s but you don’t buy a gt500 to throw a wheel bar, roll cage, and chute on it. That’s what the GT is for. Overall this car is a beast and I’ve love it. It’s special.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
What amazes me on this forum is the fact that if you aren't willing to buy into all the hype from Ford on this car (who by the way really doesn't have a very good track rate on new performance cars lately). And you are unwilling to pay the asinine ADM game (on this six figure car). You are labeled as someone who couldn't afford it anyway and never had any interest. All I can say is I have been around for a long time. I have been waiting for this car to come out for a long time. It comes out with no manual and overweight? No way I'm giving Ford six figures for anything before I see it and drive it. Then I'll believe the hype.

Flat Stanely

Yea, it's Stanley, I know
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
K.C.
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Come on get it out of your system. But no Crying. I hate when wealthy grown men. Start whining like little bitches. Because not everyone in the room. Thinks the car they are buying is perfect. Just give the word. And I’ll have a talk with the rest of the poors. And make them understand. The GT500 section of this forum. Should be treated like a VIP lounge. And not just some section of a car forum! As far as the blue font goes. You just gotta deal with it. Or hit the ignore button. You know what? F$&k the ignore button. I’ll just hang out in the other sections with the common folks.
I dont have my VIP pass...public forum dude. Since you bank so much coin maybe you can start your own little forum. Havent you heard that bragging about wealth, or lack thereof cause 200k isnt wealthy, is probably the most unattractive thing you can do. Next to drowning kittens and kicking puppies.
We are just a society now that like to hit the outrage button. I like how people are rememberrem the 13/14 Gt500 fondly now but they bashed the live axle, cheap interior and somewhat bogus/unreachable 200mph claim.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'm a software engineer in So Cal and $150k isn't a realistic salary for any level of developer with "mid" in the their title. You have to be a senior level developer to make 6 figures, even in California. I've been doing it for 18 years and make the figures that are being thrown around, but I work an average of 12 hours a day, so I guess it's not really that much, when you think about it. Now, that being said, you CAN make that kind of money in the bay area, but I personally wouldn't live there for 3x as much money.
Yep. I've been in the industry for ~25 years, development/design/architecture/author, sold a couple of companies, startups, worked both coasts/SV/DC pretty extensively (web/mobile/CV/AR/VR/ML), and your experience above is what I've seen. Those salaries for mid-anything (at least in terms of title), you better be in the right area (which of course is balance of revenue vs. COL), and a real rock star :)

FWIW, the last 12 years or so, we've been, doing, let's say very well, I put in way less hours, if the waves are busting, I walk across the street, and put in even less than __less__ :D

OK, back to talking about that fat bastard ...

Sponsored

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
The weight is actually good, all things considered, but I'm sure plenty of us internet experts could have made it lighter without the price skyrocketing. Instead of complaining just submit your CV to Ford and show us how it's done.
09 Z06 was a best effort for weight @ 3160 lbs and that was 10 years ago for $73K. Add $10K and 200 lbs
for added safety/tech and another $10K for inflation. Ford could have gone that route and an all alum 7.3
without the blower.

I think 4200+ pounds is to f#&king heavy. I also make close to 200 grand a year. What’s my excuse?
I'm pretty poor at only 150 grand a year and I probably wouldn't have bought one new.
But I don't desire it at any price anymore, not even used down the road and I'm not going to be alone.

Last edited:

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I don’t call anyone poor. I love all mustangs. I appreciate good discussion. My problem with all the people talking about the GT500 is no tests have been had comparing it to anything. To debate it at this juncture is a moot point. I’m a car guy and will have fun with anyone’s rig. Hell, I’d like to drive the new Supra too even though it’s getting mad shit for being a BMW. Wouldn’t buy one, but I appreciate it in its own way.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
It's a four thousand two hundred and twenty five pound Mustang. The concerns are legit and forums just so happen to be the best place to voice them. If you don't want to see people bag on the weight, stay out of the thread with "curb weight" in the title.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It's a four thousand two hundred and twenty five pound Mustang. The concerns are legit and forums just so happen to be the best place to voice them. If you don't want to see people bag on the weight, stay out of the thread with "curb weight" in the title.
Are you buying one? No? Oh, what are you concerned about then?

Am I buying one? Yep. Am I concerned about the weight? Nope.

Of all those people who are really concerned, how many actually have skin in the game? Anybody?

The CFTP will be less. I will make it lighter. Now, a healthy point of discussion would be how much lighter will the CFTP be and how much lighter can we make it..... but just like everything else, it has been discussed over and over and over.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
People aren't voicing concerns, they are making assumptions based on weight and completely ignoring performance numbers Ford has already put out.

Again, weight is only one factor here. At this stage in the game, I would not be one bit concerned…as there is no way in hell Ford is going to let this car underperform. There is a reason it was delayed.
Sponsored