roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
And it's completely ignorant of gearing and area under the curve....the two things that really matter.
But both hp(500 wins) and tq (ZL1 wins there) are fairly close at times, but the 500 pull away above 6500rpm, to be sure. But, pulling with it will be extra 360lbs to slow it down.

The A10 is fast and DCT should be with 7 speeds.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Yeah, I missed the switch to Ford GT. Too late to edit my post, the damage is done.

With that said, the Ford GT has a suspension designed for the suspension. The ZL1 1LE slapped on a lightweight suspension in order to get better track times. Big difference.

More on how the GT can do this here...

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...at-gives-the-ford-gt-two-suspensions-at-once/
Not comparing the GT to the ZLE, only the DSSV tech.

But this is an odd statement of yours, "Ford GT has a suspension designed for the suspension."

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
But both hp(500 wins) and tq (ZL1 wins there) are fairly close at times, but the 500 pull away above 6500rpm, to be sure. But, pulling with it will be extra 360lbs to slow it down.
Instantaneous torque at the wheels is what determines acceleration at that point in time. This is at the rear wheels and takes torque multiplication into account. The horsepower area under the curve is shows the work that can be done. You need to look at the big picture.

As for the weight, the ZL1 carries 6.1 lbs per horsepower compared to the GT500's 5.6 lbs per horsepower. This is SIGNIFICANT.

And again, we haven't even started talking about the transmission...or how much more efficient it is over an auto.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Not comparing the GT to the ZLE, only the DSSV tech.

But this is an odd statement of yours, "Ford GT has a suspension designed for the suspension."
Yep, going back to fix. Ford designed the chassis and suspension around specific springs and dampers. Chevy put solid bushings and the lightweight multimatic shocks on a chassis and suspension designed around regular dampers and a magneride suspension. The ZL1 1LE has many ride quality compromises due to these differences.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
But notice that I have stated the extra 360lbs, which is fact, but I am not cutting down the car saying, pig, or portly, or fatso. I will not do that. Because I hope the GT500 will be the great car that everyone wants, including me. I have been only stating facts in my posts. You can cut down the ZL1 or whatever, that's ok. I really like the GT500 and have been a Ford man my whole life until the ZL1. It was my first/last GM product.

I am a car guy through and through, even when my father made me change the clutch in our truck by hand, no transmission jack, because I burnt it up racing. But I learned a lot about cars. Probably more than most in this forum.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Ford GTs are realistically 3,400lbs full of fuel. The same as a GT2RS or 488 Pista. The C7 Z06 is 3,500lbs and a GT3 RS or 458 Speciale are 3,300lbs.
Check your numbers on the GT. it’s heavier than anticipated and ford confessed to that, however they made it faster IN A TRACK setting with the additional hydraulics and aero.

GT is closer to 3400. 3381 according to Car and Driver.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15716810/ford-gt-full-test-of-the-blue-oval-supercar-review/
You are right. The weight I posted was a dry weight. With all the fluids, it’s much higher.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
But notice that I have stated the extra 360lbs, which is fact, but I am not cutting down the car saying, pig, or portly, or fatso. I will not do that. Because I hope the GT500 will be the great car that everyone wants, including me. I have been only stating facts in my posts. You can cut down the ZL1 or whatever, that's ok. I really like the GT500 and have been a Ford man my whole life until the ZL1. It was my first/last GM product.

I am a car guy through and through, even when my father made me change the clutch in our truck by hand, no transmission jack, because I burnt it up racing. But I learned a lot about cars. Probably more than most in this forum.
Honestly, I didn't even know you had a ZL1...until now.

My posts were not meant to degrade your car. It is hand's down the best bang for the buck out there.

It just doesn't have the power to out muscle the GT500...and most people are assuming that Ford would not release a car this late to the game that is slower or equal to a competitor in any facet. It's a pretty safe assumption, as they would get absolutely killed with the press. A sub 11 second 1/4 mile and EXTREMELY fast claimed 0-100-0 times are hints on how well this car is going to perform at the track and strip. The weight is just a distraction.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
You are right. The weight I posted was a dry weight. With all the fluids, it’s much higher.
Not much higher. My base GT with only a block heater as an option weighs 3580 with almost 1/2 a tank on a cert scale.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Honestly, I didn't even know you had a ZL1...until now.

My posts were not meant to degrade your car. It is hand's down the best bang for the buck out there.

It just doesn't have the power to out muscle the GT500...and most people are assuming that Ford would not release a car this late to the game that is slower or equal to a competitor in any facet. It's a pretty safe assumption, as they would get absolutely killed with the press. A sub 11 second 1/4 mile and EXTREMELY fast claimed 0-100-0 times are hints on how well this car is going to perform at the track and strip. The weight is just a distraction.
I really posted in general and not reply to anyone. But with a 0-100-0 in 10.6 seconds, that blows the doors off of the Porsche 911 Turbo of a few years ago of 13.5. The GT500 will be eating a lot of cars lunch and having a smoke break waiting for them to catch up.

Look at the top times....GT500 should almost rule the world.

upload_2019-8-15_20-56-1.png

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The IRS made the 15 GT heavier. That live axle is simple, strong and lightweight. That is why the 1/4 guys like them better.
That’s all fine and dandy. But Ford most have known that. Before they stepped on their dicks by releasing false information about the weight. Venom kills demons. Will be another example of the hype machine not living up to reality. I get it in todays social media, say anything world. Credibility doesn’t count for much. But they should at least make an effort.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
All these people armchair quarterbacking a car they never will own (or ever had Any interest in owning). This is pathetic. Sure, let's argue and debate that for a while.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
All these people armchair quarterbacking a car they never will own (or ever had Any interest in owning). This is pathetic. Sure, let's argue and debate that for a while.
Where do you wanna start?