Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,

Sponsored

foolwithtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I thought it was pretty well-known that car videos like this film based on their test data. They run the cars first and get their times and then they film afterwards and make things look good for the audience. Jason Cammisa (formerly of Motor Trend) goes over how and why this is done below (start at the 17:37 mark):

I think the reason why they didn't line up all the cars like that again this year is probably COVID. I don't think the Air Force/Space Force would allow someone to use their runway like that in the middle of a pandemic.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I think the reason why they didn't line up all the cars like that again this year is probably COVID. I don't think the Air Force/Space Force would allow someone to use their runway like that in the middle of a pandemic.
They clearly said the reason why they weren't lined up is because the air strip they normally use they were not allow on to due to covid which is why they had to do it they way they did as the strip they used was not wide enough to do all the cars safely.

foolwithtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
They clearly said the reason why they weren't lined up is because the air strip they normally use they were not allow on to due to covid which is why they had to do it they way they did as the strip they used was not wide enough to do all the cars safely.
The air strip they normally use is Vandenberg AFB's runway :)

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
That is BS the GT500 would straight twomp a base C8.
Sponsored