Sponsored

2020 GT500 CFTP PDI & install of splitter, wickers, oil separator! (video)

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
  • Banned
In this video, I take my 2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP out of delivery mode, reset the TPMS warning, inventory the loose items, talk about the adjustable strut top mounts, have a look at the CFTP car cover, talk about the transmission "stay in neutral" mode, remove the CFTP suspension spacers and fix the problem they caused, discover a couple of assembly line surprises, install the carbon fiber wheel locking lug nuts, install the splitter, install the splitter wickers and install the oil separator!

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Another well done video Tim.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Tim, out of curiosity, was there any supplied documentation regarding the camber plates? Looking to see Ford's instructions on pin removal, etc, but I'm not seeing anything - anywhere. I've installed the previous plate iteration with no pins and have all those details. Just looking to see if they have updated anything yet as far as the instructions.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
  • Banned
Tim, out of curiosity, was there any supplied documentation regarding the camber plates? Looking to see Ford's instructions on pin removal, etc, but I'm not seeing anything - anywhere. I've installed the previous plate iteration with no pins and have all those details. Just looking to see if they have updated anything yet as far as the instructions.
There was zero info on the plates. As you saw in the video, there was confusion when I went to pick up the car. My sales lady wanted to make sure I had all the loose items so I didn’t come looking for stuff later. When I got my base car, the front license plate mount was MIA. I had the dealership get me one when I went to sell that car, so they wanted to make sure I had everything this time around.

What threw us a curve ball was the fact that the adjustable strut top mounts were listed on the loose items sheet. I initially looked though the boxes in the trunk and they weren’t there. I then recalled hearing the CFTP car might be arriving with them installed on job 2 cars, so I did some research online for part numbers and discovered they were in fact installed. Ford needs to remove them from the loose items list to prevent confusion.

As for documentation/paperwork... nada!

Sponsored