roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
So GM is going to start selling a not-street-legal C8 to the general public? Cool!
I know, I can't wait. They will be so fast you won't even know what color it is.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
“If” the 2020 gt500 does a lightning lap at vir it no doubt will be top 8 or even top 5, somewhere in line with the gt

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
But if all of the GM'sters leave, they won't get to see your new avatars everyday. Sniff, sniff
Too funny, Roy and consequently, I will retract my earlier statement..knock youselfs out. :-)

Sponsored

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Track alignment is absolutely a mod. An OEM will not release a car with track alignment because:

worse mpg
More emissions
Extreme tire wear
Chance of oversteer in traffic
Crazy tramlining

The way the cars are driven off the lot is what needs to be compared. It’s awesome GM does have track settings for the car however
I get what he is saying that the C8 comes with track settings for track alignment as does the 350, and I'm sure the 500 as well but for him to make the suggestion that this is no different than putting the car in drag mode with a flip of a switch is ridiculous.

His problem should be with MT stating that it was unusual in their testing procedures. If this is the new normal procedure with reviewing cars then MT and others should verify the changes have or haven't been made. Maybe do two sets of laps before and after alignment.

Last edited:

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I get what he is saying that the C8 comes with track settings for track alignment as does the 350, and I'm sure the 500 as well but for him to make the suggestion that this is no different than putting the car in drag mode with a flip of a switch is ridiculous.

His problem should be with MT stating that it was unusual in their testing procedures. If this is the new normal procedure with reviewing cars then MT and others should verify the changes have or haven't been made. Maybe due two sets of laps before and after alignment.
I am sure any Thing/one testing the ZLE against the GT500 for sure would be changing to the track alignment. That is a feature of the car out of the box. So I would think no one would whine about that, well maybe.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
It's funny how camaro folks were bitching that mustang GT's weren't stock when people lower the tire pressure, run a 1/4 tank of fuel, rent a dragstrip and early stage their vehicles to get the best 1/4 mile times....but suddenly doing a full suspension adjustment using specialized tools is suddenly considered stock?

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)

His problem should be with MT stating that it was unusual in their testing procedures. If this is the new normal procedure with reviewing cars then MT and others should verify the changes have or haven't been made. Maybe due two sets of laps before and after alignment.
In the case of MT they did do a before and after track alignment test on the C8 on the track. It was a 2-3 second difference if I recall.
Sponsored