1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Ok, so now the GM nut swingers have more excuses.

They tested the heaviest C8
The C7 ZR1 is faster
Randy Pobst is inferior to random YouTube Z1E driver
Z1E might still be faster
Ford is scared to go against the Z1E
Vettes and Mustangs aren’t in the same class

and on and on and on
Lol, only nut swinger here is you if you really thing mustangs and corvettes are in the same class. Going mid engine just made that case harder to argue.
Thanks for the laugh guy.
Sponsored

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
To be fair, most of the folks over there who actually track their cars are in agreement that the GT500 is a performer. It's just those 1 or 2 keyboard warriors that continue to evolve their caveats/excuses as more data is released. I still don't understand why some thing Ford or GM have any input on what a magazine does from a comparison perspective. Motor Trend did not choose to pit the GT500 against the ZL1, so that means Ford is somehow afraid of something....?

Besides, does it even mean anything to a GT500 buyer is the all-out track version of the ZL1 records a faster time on any given track? Strip or track, those of us who frequent those locations know that the driver has everything to do with which one is faster. Anybody who says otherwise is not speaking from experience.
Very much agreed. GT500 is kickass. Think about it, with the CFTP, you get ZLE lap times with an actually comfortable vehicle to daily drive plus total dominance on the street (I've outgrown that aspect, but I get it).

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Lol, only nut swinger here is you if you really thing mustangs and corvettes are in the same class. Going mid engine just made that case harder to argue.
Thanks for the laugh guy.
How can you say they are not in the same class. Randy Pobst just proved the GT500 is not just in the same class as the all new revolutionary C8, but the GT500 CFTP is in another class by itself. At least for a few more years until the Z06 comes out.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Oh man, it's fanboy time again...

GT500 is an execellent car. Great power, awesome track capability. If you want the most badass mustang in town, get this thing. But you will spend $80k+ with an interior of a $30k car.

C8 Z51 is also an execellent car. It delivers great performance, a midengine layout for a reasonable price and an interior that is league ahead of sitting in a Camaro or Mustang. Both cars deliver clearly some of the best value in the market in every possible track measurement you can get.

But where is this "DESTROYING" come from? Take a look at the recorded numbers in the article:
Quarter mile: C8 wins
0 - 100 - 0: C8 wins
Figure Eigth: C8 wins
Lap time: GT500 only wins by 1,5s difference on a 3 minute track with more than 50% more horsepower than the C8 has. Of course the Carbon Fiber track package is even faster on track, but don't forget that the package is insane $18,500 - So we will have to see what the Z06 will do here in comparison.

I love the GT500, it's clearly the craziest S550 you can get and I really dig the design. But hands down, I would easily choose a C8 2LT Z51 before the GT500 just because you will have to sit in the car every day and the interior is just such a huge step into premium league.

I would really like to see a ZL1 1LE - C7 Z06 - GT500 CBTP comparison.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Keep in mind the C8 had a track alignment which gave them several more seconds. A stock C8 with the factory “street” alignment would be about 3-4 seconds slower than a base GT500. So what happens with a GT500 base car with a more track focused alignment?

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
To be fair, most of the folks over there who actually track their cars are in agreement that the GT500 is a performer. It's just those 1 or 2 keyboard warriors that continue to evolve their caveats/excuses as more data is released.
Exactly! One or two of those ding dongs have went so far down the rabbit hole. They have to maintain there stances. The idiots will keep proving themselves idiots. A few fan bois will still back the idiot up. But the vast majority are just happy to talk cars.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
How can you say they are not in the same class. Randy Pobst just proved the GT500 is not just in the same class as the all new revolutionary C8, but the GT500 CFTP is in another class by itself. At least for a few more years until the Z06 comes out.
Who cares what he says?

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Always, the ones that tea bag either manufacture. both are great cars.. Whats great is some of these fanbois claim its insane to compare a GT350 to the ZL1 or the GT350R to the ZL1 1LE due to the same price, because "supercharger" are now coming in swinging off the nut hairs comparing 100k GT500's to base C8's.. Both sides are cancer, gone are the days of just being a car guy. now its "you new model got DeStRoYeD" because one car in a pro's hand was .00001 faster. and the fanboi talking the most crap cant come within 10seconds of either car driven by a pro so has to use magazine test and other men driving to beat their chests. People that are competent enough that could push the limits know both are great cars.

What are they going to do when it looks like ones on its last hooray and the other just starting.

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is talking about mustangs vs corvettes, which millcuck posted, put down the bias glasses for a second. The two dont even compete on the world stage. Should we compare a base vette and an eco boost mustang?

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
This is talking about mustangs vs corvettes, which millcuck posted, put down the bias glasses for a second. The two dont even compete on the world stage. Should we compare a base vette and an eco boost mustang?
I don’t see anyone here comparing anything but a GT500 to a Corvette.

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Keep in mind the C8 had a track alignment which gave them several more seconds. A stock C8 with the factory “street” alignment would be about 3-4 seconds slower than a base GT500. So what happens with a GT500 base car with a more track focused alignment?
Many track cars have factory track and street alignments, so its not a added feature, just a adjustment to factory settings. What does the GT500 handling package offer since it was added to the car?

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea im surprised too, how can a car with 260+ hp and gigantic brakes beat the revolutionary C8, its mind boggling. Just as mind boggling as comparing the same C8 with an eco boost mustang.
My mind would truly be boggled if the GT500 in any form can take down a C7 ZR1, I mean mustangs are in the same class right?

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZL1, 2018 3.5 F-150, 2004 MSM
To be fair, most of the folks over there who actually track their cars are in agreement that the GT500 is a performer. It's just those 1 or 2 keyboard warriors that continue to evolve their caveats/excuses as more data is released.
Ding Ding Ding.

When I join these sorts of forums I quickly spot these types of individuals and update my ignore list. It is not worth the time to remember their usernames so you can skip past their comments.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
With 265 more HP and a track with little corners and huge straightaways, the C8 did very well and would not call it a ass kicking.
It did do very well...but over a second is an ass kicking, sorry. This is one lap. Under 1/2 second would be close.

To be fair, most of the folks over there who actually track their cars are in agreement that the GT500 is a performer. It's just those 1 or 2 keyboard warriors that continue to evolve their caveats/excuses as more data is released. I still don't understand why some thing Ford or GM have any input on what a magazine does from a comparison perspective. Motor Trend did not choose to pit the GT500 against the ZL1, so that means Ford is somehow afraid of something....?

Besides, does it even mean anything to a GT500 buyer is the all-out track version of the ZL1 records a faster time on any given track? Strip or track, those of us who frequent those locations know that the driver has everything to do with which one is faster. Anybody who says otherwise is not speaking from experience.
Some, sure. Many though are still in denial.

Because he's an idiot and one of the biggest nutswingers in here.

GT500 is an execellent car. Great power, awesome track capability. If you want the most badass mustang in town, get this thing. But you will spend $80k+ with an interior of a $30k car.

C8 Z51 is also an execellent car. It delivers great performance, a midengine layout for a reasonable price and an interior that is league ahead of sitting in a Camaro or Mustang. Both cars deliver clearly some of the best value in the market in every possible track measurement you can get.

But where is this "DESTROYING" come from? Take a look at the recorded numbers in the article:
Quarter mile: C8 wins
0 - 100 - 0: C8 wins
Figure Eigth: C8 wins
Lap time: GT500 only wins by 1,5s difference on a 3 minute track with more than 50% more horsepower than the C8 has. Of course the Carbon Fiber track package is even faster on track, but don't forget that the package is insane $18,500 - So we will have to see what the Z06 will do here in comparison.

I love the GT500, it's clearly the craziest S550 you can get and I really dig the design. But hands down, I would easily choose a C8 2LT Z51 before the GT500 just because you will have to sit in the car every day and the interior is just such a huge step into premium league.

I would really like to see a ZL1 1LE - C7 Z06 - GT500 CBTP comparison.
And yet, both GT500's are worlds faster from a roll...I mean, not even in the same league. At the dragstrip, I'm sorry..the c8 vette is toast. That mid engine configuration is a huge advantage on the street. At the strip...it's quickly erased with a little bit of rubber and VHT.

Also, the 1.XX second difference is on a 2 minute track...not 3. And again, that is a effing huge difference....sorry. Quit trying to make it sound like it's close.

And yet another poster saying...just wait for the big brother Z06 or ZL1 to show up.

Indeed. Without that track alignment that 3-4 seconds is crazy....and that much farther from the carbon pack.
Sponsored