Sponsored

2020 GT500 CFTP Destroys C8 Corvette - Motortrend Comparison Review

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There is no doubt that Chevy wins the performance-for-dollar argument. But having the upper hand in that argument is not helping them sell cars. I think that’s what rubs so many Camaro fans the wrong way; despite a worse performance/dollar ratio, the demand for the Mustang, specifically the top tier versions, is apparent. They just can’t understand the logic.
Yeah it's odd how some people buy cars because they enjoy driving the car rather than the top priority being a number that someone published in a magazine.
Sponsored

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
I wonder if we took a vote to close this thread? The mods would shut it down. I’m a yes if they’ll kill it.:)
. Absolutely. Or we could discuss swapping in a boosted 7.3Liter to destroy the C8 even more!

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
. Absolutely. Or we could discuss swapping in a boosted 7.3Liter to destroy the C8 even more!
Oh hell yes. I'm game.

Boss2013

Threads
Reaction score
Yeah it's odd how some people buy cars because they enjoy driving the car rather than the top priority being a number that someone published in a magazine.
I know, right? Instead of enjoying the car(s) they bought, they're too busy trying to convince other people why they were stupid to buy something other than the vehicle they chose and all the reasons that led to them making that purchase assuming everyone has the same priorities as they do.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I know, right? Instead of enjoying the car(s) they bought, they're too busy trying to convince other people why they were stupid to buy something other than the vehicle they chose and all the reasons that led to them making that purchase assuming everyone has the same priorities as they do.
Or people on a car forum talk about all aspects of them (numbers, looks, ergonomics, the drive, the feel etc etc.....) without thinking it is a personal affront to what they bought for whatever reason.

Odd people talking cars on a car/especially enthusiast forum? This place keeps getting stranger and stranger.

Last edited:

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The C8 Z06 is coming very soon. The GT500 "reign" is going to come tumbling down almost as soon as it got up.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/01/c8-corvette-z06-spotted-testing-blasts-v8-soundtrack-video/

Very soon? The video is calling this a 2022 model, so that's what? A late 2021 debut, almost 2 years from now?

I'm sure people will enjoy kicking ass over the next two years in their GT500s, and that __also__ assumes Ford is sitting around twiddling their thumbs ...

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Very soon? The video is calling this a 2022 model, so that's what? A late 2021 debut, almost 2 years from now?

I'm sure people will enjoy kicking ass over the next two years in their GT500s, and that __also__ assumes Ford is sitting around twiddling their thumbs ...
The MY cars always come out the year before, probably it will come out early, so that means probably in July next year in about 18 months, maybe sooner I predict.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible

I'm getting signals that GM may have changed the launch order from what they did in C7. For C7 it was Stingray then Z06 (widebody and SC) then Grand Sport (widebody), but now it's looking like C8 might be Stingray (2020) then Grand Sport (2021, widebody with eAWD!!) then Z06 (2022 widebody with 5.5L FPC).

The "very soon" would be Grand Sport in 3rd or 4th quarter of 2020.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

The GT500 can't beat a 2020 Yenko Camaro 1000hp that you can get at a Chevy dealer now.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Edited because the poster is silly and childish and I'm sort of done with reprimanding them ...

I'm getting signals that GM may have changed the launch order from what they did in C7. For C7 it was Stingray then Z06 (widebody and SC) then Grand Sport (widebody), but now it's looking like C8 might be Stingray (2020) then Grand Sport (2021, widebody with eAWD!!) then Z06 (2022 widebody with 5.5L FPC).

The "very soon" would be Grand Sport in 3rd or 4th quarter of 2020.
Yep, he just wanted to attempt to refute my comment of "almost 2 years". A new model variant 2022 vehicle will have a late[r] 2021 availability, i.e., almost 2 years from when the first GT500s were released.
Sponsored

Last edited: