Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange (1 of 480)
Vehicle Showcase
I love the wheel. Everytime I get in the car it's like having a perfect set of tits before your eyes just begging to be....er, driven.

Life's short. Grab it by the tits and drive.

Order your custom wheel today!
Well in searching here I came across this thread. DAMN you @Epiphany I tried and tried NOT to keep coming back but dang it, I contacted Tim and getting mine on order. I'm ordering the exact configuration as yours. I asked about Orange Leather for the Center Top but he doesn't have it.

Anyway thanks to your write up I should be able to swap no problem. I will say the Air Bag has me a bit nervous but I think I can manage through it.

Thanks again for the post and for lightening my wallet of $895 bucks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
It's all about community, you know?

:)

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Looks great! Does anyone know if Tim makes the wheels himself or if they come from China like all the other ones I see on eBay, Instagram, AliExpress, and Facebook?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Bob: If you can remember to disconnect the negative battery cable, the airbag becomes harmless. HOWEVER, releasing the two sides of that damn retaining clip can be extremely frustrating if you have not done same previously.

The thread you referenced should be enough but if you too get angry at the damn thing, don't give up. You will know when you get one side released, just keep feeling for that spring push back then keep your tool of choice hard against the wheel as you push the clip in and it will release. Same for the other side.

Keep track of which group of trim screws goes with which piece, there are more than you think.

Hope that helps..

Sponsored

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Any plans for your OE steering wheel?

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange (1 of 480)
Vehicle Showcase
Bob: If you can remember to disconnect the negative battery cable, the airbag becomes harmless. HOWEVER, releasing the two sides of that damn retaining clip can be extremely frustrating if you have not done same previously.

The thread you referenced should be enough but if you too get angry at the damn thing, don't give up. You will know when you get one side released, just keep feeling for that spring push back then keep your tool of choice hard against the wheel as you push the clip in and it will release. Same for the other side.

Keep track of which group of trim screws goes with which piece, there are more than you think.

Hope that helps..
Thanks KB I appreciate the help. Should arrive late Feb so I have some time.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
You'll love the wheel too, Bob, I have no doubt. I was going to order one last year and out of the blue, Jaime decided to sell his to get another one that matched the SE interior so I bought it. I was most happy to part with the Alcantara. I get why they used it but I just love the feel of the quality leather and CF SO much more.

Sponsored

Shelby2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Whipple 2.9L, 2018 GT350, 2020 GT500 L0240
I concur on the quality of the Beith wheel. I decided that I wanted a little more carbon fiber exposed when I ordered mine.

9A9E6A65-2556-49FB-8111-757B61573199.jpeg

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Timā€™s wheels are a work of art. He is a good friend who runs a great business, and also delivers exceptional customer service. Everybody wins!

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Timā€™s wheels are a work of art. He is a good friend who runs a great business, and also delivers exceptional customer service. Everybody wins!
That may be the case, but I've asked him several times if he makes them or gets them from China. He never replied. I almost fellt ike he'd be proud to say he made them, if he did. It's not like it really matters, but I was trying to buy American when I bought mine. My experience has been that none of them are made in the US.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
That may be the case, but I've asked him several times if he makes them or gets them from China. He never replied. I almost fellt ike he'd be proud to say he made them, if he did. It's not like it really matters, but I was trying to buy American when I bought mine. My experience has been that none of them are made in the US.
To be completely honest, I do not know who makes them, or where they are made. The work is top notch, and I am supporting a friendā€™s business, so thatā€™s always been good enough for me.

I can appreciate your wanting to buy American šŸ‘

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
You could always try MPR if you really want American. I know they make custom steering wheels. But Iā€™ve compared Beithā€™s quality to that of SoCal Garageworks and it is far better.
Sponsored