Sponsored

2020 GT500 Adjustable camber recomendations?

OP
OP
Richard Shannon

Richard Shannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
3-20 GT500, 17 GT350, 18 Z06, 08 F360, 2) MX-5s
I had them installed on both of my GT500s Awesome! Vorshlag. I followed the track recommendations.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just saw this since the last replies. Fact, the OEM camber plates pretty much suck. They are a pain in the ass and the only reason I haven't reinstalled vorshalg plates is because I have to rip apart the front end.

Every track is different, each requiring varying alignment settings. I ran a neg 2.7 on the fronts last time I was out at Daytona and it really didn't wear or track well. So understand that there is not a "one size fits all" setting.

A question came up recently from someone who put lowering springs on their 500 with a HP (with pins still installed). I have to look at the street settings, but if I recall correctly, the street settings for camber are the pinned position on the OEM adjustable camber plates. The issue was why he could not achieve street settings for camber. Well, the tech who was working on his car didn't know that when the pins were in, the camber wasn't adjustable. The car was not able to adjust to street camber settings for two reasons, the plates were pinned and the springs were replaced which created a lower ride. This affects the camber and may or may not be able to achieve street camber settings with the OEM adjustable camber plates.

In my experience with the OEM plates, full outboard setting seems to coincide with street camber, and almost full inboard seems to coincide with about neg 3 deg.

So, the moral of the story is remove the camber pins and if you replace the springs, the OEM default may or may not give you the same range as originally designed.

SYKOTIK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 whipple 5.0
100 percent incorrect. Both of my 2020 GT500s have them installed with factory suspension. Talk to another person.
SPOKE WITH THEM AGAIN AND GOT ORDERED AND INSTALLED ON MY CAR DAMN THESE THINGS WERE ALMOST TO PRETTY TO INSTALL AND HAVE HIDDEN WELL BUILT AND WORK AMAZING

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I just saw this since the last replies. Fact, the OEM camber plates pretty much suck. They are a pain in the ass and the only reason I haven't reinstalled vorshalg plates is because I have to rip apart the front end.

Every track is different, each requiring varying alignment settings. I ran a neg 2.7 on the fronts last time I was out at Daytona and it really didn't wear or track well. So understand that there is not a "one size fits all" setting.

A question came up recently from someone who put lowering springs on their 500 with a HP (with pins still installed). I have to look at the street settings, but if I recall correctly, the street settings for camber are the pinned position on the OEM adjustable camber plates. The issue was why he could not achieve street settings for camber. Well, the tech who was working on his car didn't know that when the pins were in, the camber wasn't adjustable. The car was not able to adjust to street camber settings for two reasons, the plates were pinned and the springs were replaced which created a lower ride. This affects the camber and may or may not be able to achieve street camber settings with the OEM adjustable camber plates.

In my experience with the OEM plates, full outboard setting seems to coincide with street camber, and almost full inboard seems to coincide with about neg 3 deg.

So, the moral of the story is remove the camber pins and if you replace the springs, the OEM default may or may not give you the same range as originally designed.
Tom, do you know if the Vorshlag plates increase ride height. For some reason I was thinking guys had higher ride height after installing them on the gt350's? I could just be getting older and imagining things. I am contemplating installing a set when I do the cftp springs on the front of my 500. It does have the hp but the plates are not very impressive. I am doing the cftp front springs to get rid of the squatted look and don't want to thwart my own efforts. Lol

Andrew

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tom, do you know if the Vorshlag plates increase ride height. For some reason I was thinking guys had higher ride height after installing them on the gt350's? I could just be getting older and imagining things. I am contemplating installing a set when I do the cftp springs on the front of my 500. It does have the hp but the plates are not very impressive. I am doing the cftp front springs to get rid of the squatted look and don't want to thwart my own efforts. Lol

Andrew
I dont think so. I never looked at it from that perspective, but to be 100% honest, I never noticed a difference from when I installed the Vorshag plates as opposed to the stock OEM.

Maybe others might have been confused with the fact that the car has to settle once you do major suspension work. That is usually the case.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Who has installed adjustable camber plates on a 2020 GT500 and which ones did you use?
I have the factory OEM camber plates. They suck. Vorshlag is the best in the biz, but not cheap. I have used them for my other track car and Vorshlag is without a doubt the best. Other brands are ok, but, well, you will get a million different opinions.
What Tom said. I put them on my 2020. Super easy to go from track setting to road.

I spoke directly to them before ordering. I had with zero issues.

Gt350procharged

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt350 proxharged
got a track day Saturday at Homestead Miami so I’ll have to just live with the street setup :(. Sport cup 2s are starting to get expensive….. gonna try a square setup of 305/30zr20 Good year F1 super car 3 on one of them this weekend.

How did the rear 305's work out for you on track? I also have a gt500 now.....I ran the 325 rears on the 19's on my old gt350 and they were amazing on grip

Gt350procharged

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt350 proxharged
whats the most negative camber can you get with the front oem adjustable plates? ...I dont want more than -2.5 in the fronts.....will it get there?

Sponsored

webspoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Code Orange
whats the most negative camber can you get with the front oem adjustable plates? ...I dont want more than -2.5 in the fronts.....will it get there?
You can get around -2.3 from the oem plates maxed out. They are 'safe' from that standpoint to just max out and reset the front toe. Aftermarket plates get more, but won't get more than 3 without enlarging the upper strut mount hole.

Gt350procharged

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt350 proxharged
I decided to get the steeda camber plates since they worked well on the track on my prior gt350.......also from what I read oems are a pain to adjust
Sponsored