stangproud1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
stang
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2020
Hello!

Looking for louder tone, without touching the the "headers" quite yet.

After looking at the stock GT500 active exhaust, when the valve are open it does appear to be a "straight pipe" as the gas seem to flow only
through the one step of pipes. Although this sound still sounds a bit tame(even with x-pipe/resonator delete).

Does anyone know if the GT500 Stock active exhaust is still muting the sound even with the "valve track mode"?

Compared to a Corsa mufflers which seem to be straight through with ZERO sound attenuation and ZERO packing.. are the GT500 Active Mufflers as
loud as they could be(even with valves open).

Has anyone done a active muffler delete, and noticed any sound different, vrs track mode?(all things equal).

FYI: Not concerned with any of the active valve functionality, just LOUD(without going headers).

Thanks!
Sponsored

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
I built my own cat deletes and did an hpipe that removed the stock resonators. I just blew one of the valves out on my drives side muffler. I cut both mufflers out yesterday. So it basically has zero muffling. So now I'm putting a magnaflow dual in/out muffler in the middle resonator location and see how it sounds with no rear mufflers. Then if it needs more I can add more smaller rear mufflers later.

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
GTFORMULA:
Did you get a "CODE LIGHT" when you removed the rear muffler valves?

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTFORMULA:
Did you get a "CODE LIGHT" when you removed the rear muffler valves?
You will if you don't either keep the valve Motors plugged in or use active exhaust eliminator plugs. For now I have mine plugged in and zip tied up. But I ordered eliminators from jegs for $50.

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
GTFORMULA" What is the part number for the eliminators?

Sponsored

OP
OP
stangproud1

stangproud1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
stang
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2020
I built my own cat deletes and did an hpipe that removed the stock resonators. I just blew one of the valves out on my drives side muffler. I cut both mufflers out yesterday. So it basically has zero muffling. So now I'm putting a magnaflow dual in/out muffler in the middle resonator location and see how it sounds with no rear mufflers. Then if it needs more I can add more smaller rear mufflers later.
Awesome.

I'd consider the cat delete or race pipe, but concerned with the smells. People say they don't notice it (no cats smells) on the GT500 but I think thats impossible :_)

Quick question, did you notice any increase in exhaust tone without/rear mufflers and zip tied(compared to track mode with mufflers)? I don't wanna chop off the mufflers if track mode is the same as no mufflers(considering the design looks like a straight pipe in track mode).

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome.

I'd consider the cat delete or race pipe, but concerned with the smells. People say they don't notice it (no cats smells) on the GT500 but I think thats impossible :_)

Quick question, did you notice any increase in exhaust tone without/rear mufflers and zip tied(compared to track mode with mufflers)? I don't wanna chop off the mufflers if track mode is the same as no mufflers(considering the design looks like a straight pipe in track mode).
As far as smell...yes your car smells rich and has a burnt fuel smell when idling. Can't get around that when not running cats unless you lean it out considerably maybe.

Sound wise....way louder without any mufflers. It's like running open headers and 4 feet of pipe attached. So loud it rattles the car. Not a viable option haha. I haven't driven the car yet but it's my daily driver and I drive 75 miles round trip to work every day. Should be really fun until my new mid muffler gets welded in lol.

OP
OP
stangproud1

stangproud1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
stang
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2020
As far as smell...yes your car smells rich and has a burnt fuel smell when idling. Can't get around that when not running cats unless you lean it out considerably maybe.

Sound wise....way louder without any mufflers. It's like running open headers and 4 feet of pipe attached. So loud it rattles the car. Not a viable option haha. I haven't driven the car yet but it's my daily driver and I drive 75 miles round trip to work every day. Should be really fun until my new mid muffler gets welded in lol.
"So loud it rattles the car. ".

PERFECT! music to my ears gonna get it done ;)

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The active exhaust eliminators I listed earlier do not fit. Just wanted people to know. I need to return the ones I bought.

Sponsored

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
GTFORMULA: Any updates on the correct exhaust eliminators for the Mustang GT500?

OP
OP
stangproud1

stangproud1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
stang
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2020
Would love to know the correct GT500 eliminators that work
Sponsored