Sponsored

2020 GT350R - How to stop the loud BLAPPITY BLAH! at startup?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
So you piss off everyone but only take pleasure in pissing off just one? 😉

The way i'm reading it, there is one ass hat. The rest of the neighbors are just fine living and enjoying their lives as all should .
Sponsored

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
I'm in the "same boat" as Drummerboy. I installed the AWE Switchpath remote also and LOVE the cold start in my shop especially after the installation of the Lethal Performance
resonator delete package. The only time that I keep it "Quiet" is when I sneak out to get some Ice cream....

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the "same boat" as Drummerboy. I installed the AWE Switchpath remote also and LOVE the cold start in my shop especially after the installation of the Lethal Performance
resonator delete package. The only time that I keep it "Quiet" is when I sneak out to get some Ice cream....

I'm thinking that's not much of a change. Everyone knows about the ice cream midnight runs.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
While starting the car, press the gas pedal to the floor. It will not start. Let it turn over a couple of times then release the pedal. The car will start without the loud blurb.
For a different reason, a Ford technician told me about this. After an oil change, he said it helps pump the oil back into the engine before it starts.
I held the clutch in and let the valves cycle, then did what Nick suggested. Nick nailed this one.... I tried this today and it is the quietest COLD start I have heard to date. My neighbors will thank you tomorrow at 5:30 am.

Last edited:

FlipC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip (Flip)
Vehicle(s)
65-GT350,66-GT350,67-GT350, 2020-GT350R Heritage
Vehicle Showcase
Heck, First thing I do is switch to Sport Mode! Don't like it quite!

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
You are going to get a lot of people chiming in to say: "Push in on the clutch and keep it held down until you hear the exhaust valves stop cycling."
But that will NOT stop the 1 to 2 seconds of initial "Blappity Blah".
So I will insert a host of smart ass suggestions which I'm sure that more will follow after this post.
1. Move.
2. Get hearing impaired tenants.
3. Put potatoes in the pipes.
4. Buy an EcoBoost.
5. Buy a Tesla.
6. Line the garage ceiling with anechoic chamber wall material.
7. Push the car out of the garage and down the street... now push start button.
8. #7 not viable? Buy used airport tug and buy really strong tow hook.
9. Leave for work later.
10. #9 not viable? Work from home.
11. #10 not viable? Change jobs.
12. Buy tenants a GT350..... they will fully understand and welcome being woke up to the Flat Plane symphony.

EDIT
I was typing my post and no one had replied yet... Scott typed almost verbatim what I guessed would be said.
Well said Scott...!
Sell and buy a Camry instead. But seriously, trade up for a GT500, cause the GT 500 not only has active exhaust, it has a timeclock that allows you to set quiet hours for when you want to start up quietly and it really works...this will solve your problem, all for the low low incremental upgrade price of about $40k! You are welcome:)

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Sell and buy a Camry instead. But seriously, trade up for a GT500, cause the GT 500 not only has active exhaust, it has a timeclock that allows you to set quiet hours for when you want to start up quietly and it really works...this will solve your problem, all for the low low incremental upgrade price of about $40k! You are welcome:)
I guess you missed the part where he said a manual transmission is a must. 😉

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Romeo Quadraflio, 2018 TT GT Prem, 22 GT

Sponsored

jmhutner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Mach 1
Incremental price of a loss of the FPC and a fantastic manual transmission and driving experience. I would rather supercharge my 350 than "upgrade" to a 500.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I spent 4 nights at a resort with 100 other Shelby's, mostly GT350's
We heard the rumble of that beautiful FPC engine and the glorious exhaust all all times of the day and night. Both of us agreed that it never got old!
The best way to have good will with your neighbors is to walk over and have a conversation with them. Explain the car, that it's a stock exhaust, the baffle feature and your difficulty keeping it quiet on initial startup. If he or she is a car person they will become your friend. If they are not a car guy or gal, they will at least respect you for being considerate and expressing your desire not to be an A hole about it.
We just moved into a new neighborhood and I've had conversations with all of my surrounding neighbors about the car, the exhaust, the fact that I will do the best I can to be considerate when it comes to noise.
Heck, I have motorcycle guys screaming up and down our main outlet street that are 10x's louder than my 350, even with the quick noise blip on cold start.

Jassim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jassim
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby GT350
o
I held the clutch in and let the valves cycle, then did what Nick suggested. Nick nailed this one.... I tried this today and it is the quietest COLD start I have heard to date. My neighbors will thank you tomorrow at 5:30 am.
Or you could press the start button without pressing in the clutch. wait for the valves to cycle and your injectors to prime. then press the clutch and start.
Sidenote: If i want to hear my cars full sound glory i would press the start button, put it into sports mode ( valves open ) then clutch in and start. it will open and keep it that way as soon as i start the car.

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
Agreed. Useful when you take the car out of the garage early and actually like your neighbors!
Sponsored